Chapter 4: Lucas vs Roark

Introduction:

What's up ya nerds so here it is chapter 4 I just wanted to say thank you once again we are sitting at 115 views (zombies players ayy) and wow I love doing this more than I imagined. Thank you for welcoming me with open arms into this community, I appreciate it. Also, one more thing before we start I want to give a big shoutout to Number13teen for some nice advice and criticisms. And 13 if you're reading this....sup. His or Her's (sorry idk lol) story titled Hybrid: Topaz Edition is a very great read so far and I highly recommend it. There are plenty of chapters and very easy to keep up with so you are looking for a good Sinnoh story to check out like I was, go check it out! Anyways again wanna keep the intros nice and sweet so enjoy have a great day!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own pokemon in any way, this is just a fanfiction. Please support the creators by buying and playing Pokemon Platinum Version wherever sold in your respective area.

AND. HERE. WE. GO.

Guide:

Bolded Italics: Speaking to Audience or Out of Time

Regular Italics: Thoughts

COF: Character(s) of Focus

Chapter 4: Lucas vs Roark

COF: Lucas Diamond

2 pm (Tuesday Afternoon)

Lucas put on his backpack as he left the motel. He stayed in Jubilife City overnight, he never liked traveling at night. He had to get adjusted to sleeping in different places almost every night but it didn't seem to bother him. He liked Jubilife City but he had to keep moving so he slowly made his way out of the city and onto route 202. After battling some trainers and a little more training he felt he was ready for the big leagues, well the start of the big leagues.

Since battling Barry at Jubilife his Chimchar had evolved in Monferno and his Starly had evolved into Staravia while training. His Bidoof learned some new moves although he still had a long way to go, but Lucas saw the potential in him. He also found himself a Shinx that kept following him along the route so he eventually caved in and called it his own. After some walking, he reached the entrance to the Oreburgh Gate, at the end of this tunnel waited for his first gym badge.

Alright Lucas you can do this.

"Ah excuse me, Trainer," A Hiker said, approaching Lucas.

"Um yes, can I help you?" Lucas asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Up ahead you'll notice some rocks that are not breakable...unless you have this," The Hiker said as he pulled out what look liked a technical machine but it looked a bit different.

"What is it?" Lucas asked curiously.

"It's a hidden machine, they are like technical machines but they can be used in scenarios other than battling. This particular one contains Rock Smash and it can be used in battle and whichever pokemon you give it to can break those types of rocks in your way," The Hiker said.

"Interesting, how much do you want for it?" Lucas asked almost knowing where this was going.

"Oh no, I want to give you this because I remember when I was a young trainer like you and I wish I had this," The Hiker said with a smile.

"Oh wow thank you I appreciate it," Lucas said, smiling as he took the disc.

"Now the only prerequisite with hm's is you need a certain badge for each one," The Hiker said.