07

She woke up without fear in her heart. Asher opened her eyes to her bedroom, she didn't know what she expected. She knew this would happen.

Sweet Pea was gone. She had told herself a million times he would be, she hated how upset she felt. Asher forced herself out of bed and checked her phone for the time.

Bad Betty: hey A, where are you?

She had already missed first period, she didn't feel like going in but despite this she changed and went through her morning routine. Asher locked the front door behind her and when she turned around she couldn't even force a smile for what was in front of her.

Another car, big pink bow on top of it.

Asher ripped the bow off, opening the car door she spotted the keys in the ignition

Asher ripped the bow off, opening the car door she spotted the keys in the ignition. She couldn't say she didn't love it, because she did.

The way it sounded and drove was better than any sex she'd ever had. Asher for a split second let herself wonder how sex with Sweet Pea would be before she clouded back up with dark thoughts.

Asher just wished her dad would stop showering her in gifts and instead just be present. Even for a day.

When she pulled into the lot she could already see a few students looking over. She strolled into the student lounge to hang out until second period was over so she didn't have to walk in late. Reggie popped his head in, "Bro, you see the new Subaru in the lot?"

The stoic expression told Reggie all he needed to know, "Daddy give it to you?" She nodded at him not even bothering to hide the sad expression. "I know, it hurts he can't be here. This is what he knows, this is the way he reminds you he loves you, Asher."

Tears formed quickly in her eyes but she brushed it off by rolling them. "Wanna skip?" He smiled big at her, this was the Reggie she was friends with.

"Let's go break it in."

Reggie had opened the door for her, letting her in first before he jumped into the passenger. The small car dove out of the school lot.

"I saw you leave with him." Reggie said, giving his ex girlfriend a look.

Asher looked back to him, "Who?"

Reggie laughed at this, "C'mon, Vi. You aren't dumb, the Serpent. The biggest asshole of them by the way."

"He's not an asshole, Reg." She rolled her amber eyes.

Reggie still loved her, he looked at her with adoration and disappointment.

"He is. You don't got to admit it for it to be true. I'm just trying to warn you that a snake always bites, even their handlers." Reggie looked out the window as they drove further from where the cops patrolled.

"You like him?" Asher looked to him them, catching a glimpse of his worried expression.

"I don't know him, Reggie." She tried to say, looking for a specific street to turn onto.

"I know you though, Vi. You don't mess around with guys you don't want to be with." Reggie's claim was true, Asher had only really went after boys she was serious about. She didn't like games, and she didn't like letting people in who were just going to leave her.

Asher only responded by turning the wheel hard, making Reggie slam into the passenger door.

"Jesus! Okay, I'll stop asking about how in love you are with that Serpent." This earned Reggie a hard punch to his thigh.

She was doing drifts around a some random parking lot near Southside, Reggie sitting on the edge of the open window. She even got it to shoot some flames for them before trouble came.

And trouble meant the boy she had a crush on. Four serpents on bikes parked across the lot, watching in disagreement at the nice car.

"Who even is that? Is that Reggie, the airhead Bulldog?" Toni growled staring almost in envy at the car.

Asher did the only thing she knew to do in this situation, impress and concern people. It was tight drift to stop in front of them, but she was confident.

She of course stopped right in front of Sweet Pea shooting a smirk, shifting into neutral to rev at the bikes only to take off again, straight around the bikes and out of the lot. All with Reggie Mantle yelling, "That's what Bulldogs do! That's my girl!"

"Well, I wasn't expecting that." Toni laughed watching the car enter the street, hearing cars honking after. Sweets had his jaw locked tight.

"Spoiled rich kids." He almost growled before they all started their bikes and left the lot. It's all the other three wanted to talk about the rest of the school day. Sweet Pea was trying his hardest not to implode, to do what was normal for him. React explosively.

"Sweets?" Toni called and once he looked up at her she knew for sure something was wrong.

"Oh my god, you like that Northsider." Toni said it in a whisper to not embarrass the angry boy. "And she's with Reggie?" She questioned with furrowed brows, Toni didn't think she was. The girl hadn't mentioned it the night they spent together.

"Yeah? Well I was with her last night." Sweet Pea glared hard at the reminder of Reggie, slamming a hand on the table before getting up and storming out of the cafeteria. Sweet Pea proved Toni's suspicion that he had been with the Northsider after the fight.

Sweet Pea thought about the party and how Reggie yelled to the girl about staying the night, was he really her boyfriend?

Fangs had quickly followed him out into the hall. Looking back at Toni with a shocked and confused expression.

Back at Riverdale Asher was pulled into the office, Mr. Weatherbee sat in front of her with an odd expression. "You haven't been showing up to your classes, Ms. Rye."

Asher looked down at her hands, she didn't like getting in trouble. "I've been very proud to see the growth you've made this semester alone. I want that to continue, which means no more skipping. Or I will be calling your father."

She only nodded, stood and quickly fled the office. She went back to the lounge with the people she felt like she barely knew anymore. Betty smiled big when she saw her, "Asher! Where have you been?" She moved to fit her on the couch, Asher couldn't help but smile. Cuddling insider side.

"I honestly have no idea, Betty."

Minutes into a catch up with Betty, Kevin, Archie and his girlfriend the speaker crackled.

        Students of Riverdale High effective immediately Southside High is shut down. The students will be attending Riverdale as well as other schools in surrounding areas. Please welcome these new students with open arms.

For some reason Asher felt sick. She would have to see him everyday, but from what I hear Betty isn't super excited either.

The Serpents were more than excited though, Sweet Pea was excited to have any excuse to beat Reggie to a pulp. He tried to tell himself it wasn't because he had referred to Asher as his girl, when Sweet Pea claimed her as his.