13

My suffocating screams woke me up the next morning

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

      My suffocating screams woke me up the next morning. My fathers voice eased me to consciousness.

"Violet?" He had questioned as he held me to his chest.

"I'm sorry." I couldn't help but apologize, I felt guilty for waking him.

"Don't apologize, you're okay." I nodded into his shirt. I didn't think I was okay.

It didn't feel like I had anyone here for me. Dad would be leaving tomorrow or Monday and I would be all alone again.

I was so god damn tired of being alone. I was tired of being left behind like I was nothing.

"Honey, I know you're upset but Archie called for you. I was coming to wake you." He spoke quietly as if he was scared to say any more.

I released him and reached for my phone. I had multiple missed calls from Archie and Betty.

Bets: asher you need to get to the hospital NOW
Bets: the black hood tried to kill archie he's freaking out he needs you here

Immediately I leap from bed after reading Betty's text that Archie was targeted by the Black Hood. My mind scrambling as my body did- was Archie hurt?

I darted out of my room, not even bothering to change out of my PJs.

"Please, be safe, Violet!" My father yelled out in duress as I ran for the front door.

"Let me take you!" He begged as he followed me out the front door.

"I won't crash!" I promised, "But I'll be going faster than you'll let me."

I threw myself into the Subaru and shoved my key into the ignition as I glanced into my rear view to see my father staring with a worry filled expression.

I didn't have time to comfort him- my friend might be dying.

I floored it once I had put the car into gear being able to hear the tires squeal and the unpleasant smell of burning rubber as I ripped my way onto the street.

I made it to the Riverdale hospital in minutes, running into the waiting room I spotted them all. There was a loud crowd of letterman jackets.

There were more people than I had imagined, more people than I knew were on one team but I quickly could see him.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.