20

         I was shocked when morning came and none of my friends had been hurt or heard any noises outside. None, the whole night. It felt suspicious but I promised Sweet Pea and Reggie I'd be going straight to the sheriff when he got into the station.

Slowly my friends trickled out of the house, I was left with Reggie and Pea. I was glad to see they were someone getting along now. At least they weren't hitting each other.

When the clock approached 9AM I stood and headed to my room, "I'm changing and then we can leave."

My boys nod in agreement. I find myself sighing at the top of the stairs, I entered my room only to catch sight of my cracked balcony door. I only have what felt like a single second to process what was happening before a hand wrapped around my mouth.

"Hi Violet, how are you?" His voice taunted in my ear as he shut and locked my bedroom door.

"I missed you, Baby." Malachi laughed, hot saliva moving up my cheek. I tried to pull my head away from his mouth, only making him laugh again at my discomfort.

I threw a kick to the table besides my door, items shattering on the ground the way I hoped they would. I would be as loud as possible. I tried to throw an elbow to him but he saw it coming. His other arm wrapped around both of mine, pining them to my sides.

It's then I notice the large knife in his hand.

"I really loved you! You know that? I kept showing you I wanted you and you wouldn't listen!" He harshly whispered into my ear.

I hear the stairs pounding under his loud breath in my ear, "Asher!" I hear Sweet Pea shout.

"Have you let the Serpent have you too?" Malachi asks me as he moves the knife up my side.

Hyperventilating I shake my head no.

"I know you're lying, Violet. He loves you. You're supposed to love me, you bitch!" I can hear the banging on my bedroom door but Malachi doesn't show any fear.

"If you don't love me then nobody will love you anymore." It's at this Malachi makes a swift notion, I feel warmth spread across my neck and down my throat. It burned for a moment, as if he ran a lighter over my neck and I can't do anything but yelp out at the initial pain.

 It burned for a moment, as if he ran a lighter over my neck and I can't do anything but yelp out at the initial pain