18

I knew I was self destructing

I knew I was self destructing. Saturday night Reggie stayed, I didn't want to be alone and I knew he could tell. We laid in bed watching my favorite movies as he used the day to cheer me up.

Sunday Reggie stayed too, except Sunday I decided to let him back into my pants after a day of drinking. I knew I shouldn't have requested the temptation but I also just wanted something to blur the pain in my chest. Sweet Pea hadn't contacted me and all I wanted to do was forget about the feelings that had blossomed in me
for him. I didn't even feel like I knew him- yet I felt like all of me belonged to him.

We road into school together, not going unnoticed by a long shot. Didn't help that Reggie wanted to blare a loud rap song on the way into the lot. I felt like it was his attempt to alert the school of our revival but I felt nothing, I regretted being intimate with Reggie as I knew it would only bring pain. I had moved on- wanted Sweet Pea now, my old comforts didn't seem to help me anymore.

Usually when I found myself back in Reggie Mantle's arms with his smile focused on me I could forget the pain he had put me through. I could act like we were in love and were supposed to be together but not anymore. My heart ached the same way it had when Sweet Pea had slammed my bedroom door shut.

When we got out of the car Reggie also didn't hesitate to round the front of my car to approach my side.

"You wanna hold hands?" I rolled my eyes and gave him a shove.

"You're still kinda fucked up aren't you?" He laughed loudly at my sway.

"Shut up, you're gonna get me in trouble." I shook my "water" bottle at him to which he swung his arm over my shoulder as we walked.

Jughead gave me a look from across the property. As if immediately he knew what was going on, he didn't hesitate to approach. By now wherever Jug went, his Serpents went.

"What's in the bottle, Ash?" There was no humor on his face as he stared me down. I didn't care to look at those near him.

"None your beeze." I smiled letting Reggie tug me away. "Nice bruiser by the way!" Jughead called after me, to which I gave him the bird.

Yes, I had a slight bruised cheekbone due to Reggie always taking it a little too far. It didn't hurt when it happened, I hadn't even really noticed the hit because of how intoxicated I was. That was until this morning when I saw the bruise.

I didn't listen in a single class, I felt like I hadn't in a long time. I just wanted to get in my car and go. I could barely keep my eyes open at how messed up I was. I felt euphoric.

"Hey." When I turned my head I met eyes with Toni. I didn't miss the slight widen of her eyes.

"Are you okay, Asher?" I couldn't help but laugh a little as I nodded.