49

:]

"Are you ready? They'll be here any minute, and you know how my mom gets when she's not on time." Rosie shouted from downstairs, fiddling with Isabella's little dress.

"Yeah! Hold on I'm just trying to fix Oliver's little bow." Karl shouted back, desperately trying to fix his son's bowtie. Within seconds he got it to hold perfectly, the infant giggling at his father's hand. Squirming as if he was trying to get away from him.

Karl laughed at this, picking up the baby and patting his back. He kissed the top of Oliver's head and looked at the mirror in front of them.

"Well, would you look at that? Fit check!" He shouted lightly, not trying to scare the baby. Oliver smiled, clapping his little hands as Karl showed him the mirror. Both of them giggling to themselves as if they were, "checking themselves out."

"Oliver, I say we did a good job. We looking pretty snazzy today, huh buddy?" He questioned, holding Oliver's hand out. The baby giggled once again as if he understood what his dad said.

"Karl! They're here, come downstairs please!" Rosie shouted. They both looked at each other in the same level of shock. Oliver's mouth created a small little, 'o', making Karl giggle again.

They made their way downstairs, Rosie already greeting her parents at the door. Karl came up next to Rosie, giving her a quick side hug, then giving his full attention to her parents. Her mom and dad are overly excited to see the twins.

"Ah mija, que preciosa eres. Hello little Isabella!" Her mother squealed, holding Bella's little hand. Rosie and Karl both smiled, deciding this was going to be a very happy visit. They had made their way into the house, Karl handing Oliver to Rosie's mom.

The pair sat down on the sofa with the babies as Karl and her dad brought in their luggage. As they finished with that they walked over to the living room and sat across from each other, Karl proceeding to spark a conversation with the other.

"Hey, Mr. Contreras! How was your flight?" Karl proceeded to ask, sparking up a conversation with her dad. Her dad smiled, giving Karl a pat on the back, giving into the conversation Karl had started.

"It was good mijo, thanks for asking. How's everything over here? Todo bien?"

Her dad asked, smiling lightly at the boy. Karl nodded, understanding what he had said. Thanking Rosie in his head for teaching him the basics of spanish.

"Oh, yeah everything is great. Were all doing well here, and don't worry Mr.Contreras, Rosie, and the kids are in very good care."
Karl beamed, giggling lightly to himself as a force of habit.

"That's good to hear, I expect for my hija and mis nietos to be very taken care of. I think you have done a very good job at Karl, you've earned my respect."
Her dad smiled, giving him a nod of respect.

Karl smiled widely, jumping in his seat a little. He was very thankful that he had gotten this far with Rosie's parents.

He knew at times they would be very protective of their daughter, but he knew that they just wanted what was best for her.

In which Karl fully respected that and which he made a promise that he was going to give Rosie and his children all that they needed. No matter what.