chap 14/ hc

HOMECOMING: FREAKS

HOMECOMING: FREAKS

"W-Who are you people?!" The woman yelled pulling her daughter close, not wanting to let go in fear of what would happen next. "Mommy?" the little girl's voice held fear as she buried her face deeper into her mom's stomach.
Her mother caressed her hair and shushed her, whispering 'you're okay' over and over again. But she could feel her mom shaking.
Instead of giving an answer, the men simply approached them and attempted to strip away the girl from her parent. "No!" the mom tried to fight back, and so did her daughter.
"Mommy!" She cried out with tears streaming down her face while being dragged away. As much as she tried to break free she was of course unsuccessful, there wasn't much her tiny fists could do against the strong men holding her back. All she could do was watch as her mother was grabbed and thrown down to the ground by another person.
Just as she thought things couldn't get any worst, her pupils dilated at the visual of her mother being pulled by her hair and a knife being pressed against her neck. 'i love y-' she mouthed to her daughter right before the blade was dragged against it.
The little girl flinched as blood spattered against her face.
She began to shake even more from both anger & terror; blinking transformed her previously normal purple eyes into an intense violet glow.

Violet sprung out of bed with tears falling from her eyes, 'a new nightmare?' she thought while taking heavy breaths. Huh? she blinked feeling her eyelashes wet why am I crying?
If that wasn't weird enough the entire dream seemed almost too realistic; like that wasn't just a random nightmare her overactive imagination came up with. She could practically feel the terror radiating from the child.
Her gaze fell onto her palms expecting to see nothing but felt a surge of fear when seeing them covered in blood. The images of her blood stained palms from last year beginning to replay in her head.
Much to her dismay a loud scream slipped out of her mouth alerting Vision who immediately phased through her room "Violet! Is everything alright?!" He questioned while checking the room for anything out of the ordinary. She trembled before muttering, "my hands.." Vision made his way beside her to find nothing on her hands, this concerned him. "What is on your hands?" "There's bloo-" her sentence was cut short as she blinked and suddenly the blood was completely gone. "Never mind. Must have been a dream or something." Her tone held nothing but uncertainty. At the moment Vision feared if something were to happen during her field trip as he would not be there to help.
"Will you be okay on your trip?" Violet met his stare and nodded, "yeah ill be okay. I promise." She concluded with a smile.
-
The entire ride to school was full of Violet thinking about what had happened. Starting off the day with a new nightmare and then seeing Pietro's blood on her hands definitely takes the award for the most fucked up morning. After the events she couldn't help but frequently check her palms to make sure nothing was there. It felt silly to be so worried about something that wasn't there, but she was sure there was blood. With her own eyes she saw it.
But since today is supposed to be a day full of fun she decided to push this to the side, right now her biggest problem is making everyone believe that she's okay.
"Violet!" Ned called over the girl making a small smile tug her lips. This is exactly what she needed; a distraction. "Hey guys." Ned & Mj both greeted her back, but Mj was skeptically eyeing Violet.
Violet noticed this and raised her eyebrow, "Uh Mj?"
"Are you okay?"
This question was unexpected.
"You seem off." Mj continued to analyze her. Now Ned joined in, "She's right...there's something about your eyes." "That's exactly what I was thinking."
She laughed, "You guys are both crazy and wrong. I'm fine, just stayed up late last night watching videos."
"Liar."  Ned said harshfully taking Violet by surprise, "What?" she had never heard him use that kind of tone.
"What do you mean what?"
"Y-You called me a liar.."
"What? No he didn't." Mj put her hand on Violet's shoulder, "are you sure you're okay?"
Violet now saw the concern looks both Mj & Ned plastered on their faces, so she smiled. "Of course I am. I'll be better after a nap, trust me."
Mj removed her hand and shared a glance with the boy to her left, neither of them believing the story she was telling. "Anyways! You guys ready for this bus ride or what?"
Mj scoffed, "God no. Who knows how long this drive is gonna be and with these people it's gonna feel like an eternity."
"Come on Michelle we aren't that bad." Ned stated but neither of the girls confirmed or denied it. instead there was an awkward silence.
"Oh look Peter is here!" Violet directed the attention to their friend who arrived barely on time.
"Finally. Um excuse me can we go already? I was hoping to get some light protesting in kinda wanted to see embecys before the dinner so..."
-
Just as Peter was about to sit down, his best friend pushed him more towards the front not allowing him to sit beside him. He raised his eyebrow questioningly, Ned shook his head. "You have to talk to Violet. There's something wrong with her."
"What are you talking about?" "Listen Peter, when she got to school she looked absolutely terrible! And you know how beautiful I think she is." Ned would never say Violet looked terrible-this is how Peter knew he was being serious. "So go talk to her and figure it out, cause I seriously hate seeing her like that." He nodded and walked towards the front of the bus where Violet sat; her legs being hugged close to her chest. "Hey-" hearing his voice unintentionally startled her, which was observed immediately. He could tell she was more jumpy than normal. "What's going on?" "Huh? Nothing, why do you ask?"
"Maybe because you're sitting all alone instead of with Michelle."
"I just wanted to be alone."
"Since when?" Peter sat next to the girl shifting his torso to face her; meanwhile she kept her focus on the window. "Tell me what's going on." He mentally noted how she began to chew on the inside of her cheek to refrain from speaking. Not only that but
her eyes became glossy as well. Violet let out a hefty sigh while shaking her head, "I'll explain later. Not here, I don't want people to think i'm a lunatic."
He stifled a laugh but nodded anyways, placing his hand on her shoulder squeezing it reassuringly, "Okay. As long as you tell me and aren't lying." just as he was about to get up to leave Violet tugged on his sleeve, "Please stay." she whispered quietly.
He could feel his heart strings tugging at her words, heat beginning to rush into his face. "O-Okay I mean yeah if you want me to."