chap 15/ hc

HOMECOMING: SOFTCORE

Violet didn't know what exactly was happening to her nor did she know how to explain it. The one thing that was evident was that her life was falling apart. The feelings of grief, anger, and frustration had been boiling inside of her for so long that she was bound to unleash them at some point.
She didn't think it would be this soon though.
Instead of pondering about it more she got up from her bed and faced Michelle "Can I ask a major favor from you?"
"Yeah. What do you need?"
"I need you to lie and say that i'm sick tomorrow morning so I can't attend the decathlon."
Michelle furrowed her eyebrows as she sat down on the now fixed bed,"can i ask why?"
"I have a mission that needs to be completed while i'm here, and if I don't do it then people may get hurt." Michelle skeptically eyed Violet before nodding. As much as she didn't think it was a good idea, she also knew that violet wouldn't listen.
Violet smiled and quickly hugged Michelle "you're the best!" as they broke the hug Violet became invisible and slipped out of the room. She didn't want to risk anyone seeing her leaving since the cover story is she's "sick". Once arriving at Peter and Ned's room the first thing she was greeted with was the 'do not disturb' sign on their door.
Instead of respecting it she knocked.
Ned opened the curtain to peek before shaking his head, "no one is there." his voice was muffled but audible enough to understand. Violet knocked once again "It's me loser!". He was puzzled but peter saying "it's violet she's invisible." reminded him that she was capable of doing that. They let her in and quickly shut the door behind her, in doing so she became visible again.
"What are you two doing?" she asked while looking at the mess of electronics on their bed.
Ned sat back down "Peter wants me to remove the tracker from his suit." "I'm guessing you don't want Tony to know that we're doing exactly what he told us not too?"
He nodded in confirmation "yea. Alright happy enjoy tracking this lamp." peter said as he placed the tracker onto the hotel lamp.
"There's a ton of other sub systems in here, but they're all disabled by the..training wheels protocol." Ned snickered at the name and Violet laughed  , but peter on the other hand did not find humor in it. "What!" he double checked the name "training wheels protocol? Turn it off!" he yelled.
"Alright settle down now. Maybe Tony has it there for a reason." violet tried to reason with the boy who merely glared at her in response. "I don't think that's a good idea, Violet is right. Maybe it's blocked for a reason."
"Thank you Ned." the two high fived each other completely leaving Peter out. "Come on man, I don't need training wheels. I'm sick of him treating me like a kid all the time! It's not cool."
"Welcome to the club." violet mumbled.

violet pov:
"But you are a kid?" ned's statement sounded more like a question. "Yea a kid who can stop a bus with his bare hands!"
I can sympathize with how Peter feels since the moment i've joined the avengers they've all treated me like a princess who must be protected. No one ever seemed to remember the fact that i can control the earth with just my mind.
"Peter I just don't think it's a great idea, what if this is illegal?" "Are you serious? You guys are hacking into Stark industries technology. Trust me you guys are in some deep deep shit." i said in a 'duh' voice making them both scoff.
"Look please this is my chance to prove myself. I can handle it! Ned come on." he pleaded with ned who wasn't budging in the slightest "the guy in the chair."
"Oh that's a low blow." after my comment peter slapped his hand over my mouth to keep it shut.
"Come on Ned! Ugh!" peter squirmed at the feeling of me licking his hand. He quickly wiped my saliva onto the bed sheets and continued to beg for ned to turn it off.
Eventually Ned gave in and shut it off making him smile widely. I shrugged my shoulders "ned you better hope tony doesn't find out you messed with his suit. He will not be a happy camper if he does."
My statement earned a very distressed face from ned as a small gland of sweat dripped from his forehead.
Peter took this time to put on his suit while I remained in my normal clothes; i didn't feel like changing into mine. After he finished I became invisible so again, I wouldn't be spotted by anyone.
"Awesome." ned whispered as my body disappeared from sight. "Right? It still baffles me that I can do this."
"Okay the glowy thing is evidence, keep it safe alright?" peter told to ned who held it close too his chest, "okay okay."
"And you stay safe too okay?" i said while hugging him even though he couldn't see me.
"Where are you?" his question caught me off guard so i laughed before walking towards the door. Peter nodded his head to me and i did it back. Which makes no sense but whatever.
We left the room and had a short encounter with Liz.
Well, I should say Peter had an encounter. Basically they talked about the decathlon or something, I don't know I wasn't really paying attention. But once they finished Peter took me to the end of the building.
-
3rd pov:
"I thought we were leaving?" Violet asked as peter helped lift her up to the rooftop, "we are, but first you need to tell me the truth." the girl sighed knowing this was bound to happen. "No more lies. All I want to do is help you but I can't do that when you hide everything from me."
Violet nodded her head understandingly. She unclasped the locket necklace and put it on his palm, gesturing for him to open it. He did as told and squinted at the photo inside, "i don't get it, who's this?"
"My brother." she answered sadly. A sigh escaped the girl's lips as she stared up at the starry sky with peter watching her intensely "he was my protector."
Her choice of words did not go unnoticed by him. "Was?"
Violet hesitantly nodded, "yeah. Was." he could see how her bottom lip immediately began to tremble. Peter took a seat by his friend and placed his hand on top of her knee in attempt to provide comfort; knowing that this was a sensitive topic. "Why have you never told me about this?"
"I couldn't." she shook her head with tears brimming her eyes "saying his name is like a trigger word for all these pent up emotions i've stored inside. And that-" violet pointed at the locket he held "is one of the last things i have of him."
"That's why you wear it everyday."
"Yeah." a small drop fell from her eye, "it's brings me both comfort and pain." "Why pain?" he asked in confusion, "Because it's a constant reminder that he's dead." violet bit her lip "every single night i have the same reoccurring nightmare about his death. It's on a never ending loop in my mind." so that's why she always looks like she never sleeps "i wish i could think of him and feel joy, but I only feel a sort of emptiness inside. Like a part of me is missing." she turned her head to meet his stare "I feel that everyday."
peter stayed quiet as she explained. "and if that wasn't enough, i'm starting to have nightmares that are just as traumatizing. Plus i'm seeing things." he raised his eyebrow at this, "seeing things?" he asked.
"Yeah. I'm seeing my hands covered in blood like they were when i caught his body that day and I saw a woman with her throat sliced." 
Peter shuttered at the thought of the visuals.
"for a long time i kept all of my emotions locked away for Wanda. She was destroyed and I just wanted to be strong for her. So I started to train right after the avengers took us in, and i didn't stop." she laughed "but now everything is coming back to me and I can't do anything to stop it." 
he didn't know what to say at this point. Before he had a prepared speech, but after hearing what was truly going on..it was worst than he imagined. With the way everything was described it sounded as if Violet had heavy ptsd; at least that's what Peter thought.  However he didn't bring it up knowing it wouldn't make her feel better. Instead he hugged her tightly.
The moment Violet felt the warmth from Peter's hug she could no longer hold back all the tears she was suppressing. They flowed out of her eyes like a river; he could feel his shoulder beginning to get soaked but he didn't care. She hugged him back and let out sobs, hearing them brought tears to Peter's brown orbs.
"Im so fucking scared." she admitted through hiccups, peter put his hand on the back of her head and soothingly rubbed her hair, "i know." he whispered "you'll be okay. I promise i'll do everything I can to help you."He held her for a bit before pulling away, helping to wipe away all the dry and new tears. "Are you sure you want to come with me? It's totally okay if you aren't up for it right now." Violet shook her head, "I'll be fine. I think a distraction will help me if anything." "Help or make it worst yeah."
The two locked eyes. It was obvious Peter was worried about her, anyone could see it.  "I just want what's best for you."
"What's best for me is you." she said with a straight face not thinking much of her words  "since Wanda got arrested you've become my person, my safe place."
Peter was thankful for the darkness of the night for his cheeks have never been more flushed. The more they held eye contact the worst it got. He awkwardly coughed and broke their staring contest-"Okay." he stuck out his hand, "it's you and me then."
Violet smirked and accepted his handshake "You and me."
-
The duo found themselves on top of a truck as they chased down the men they were after; peter signaled for violet to jump and so she did. Violet followed his lead since he was the one who knew where to go, she was just there for support.
She scanned the area where the men had stopped to see a gas station-a part of her felt greatly underwhelmed at the fact that she had yet to witness a secret lair. Peter seemed to have been thinking the same exact thing as her "why is their secret lair at a gas station? That's so lame." a light bulb went off in her head "that's it! it's so fucking lame that no one would think twice about it being a lair!"
He rapidly nodded agreeing with her theory as it made the most sense.
Violet began to get impatient with the fact that she couldn't hear a word they were saying. She has always liked to get as much as information as possible right away. This habit may have come from Tony as he always reminded the teen that 'time is of the essence', especially when it came to missions. "Should I just go over there to hear what they're talking about?" she asked her partner who immediately denied the idea "we need to stick together." he motioned his head towards the sign; signaling for her to follow him up.
After climbing it with ease violet let her legs hang off it and swung them back forth while he crouched. Peter began to have a conversation with his AI trying to gain intel on what the men were doing. Violet thought that maybe he was seeing things too but remembered that since Tony was the one who made the suit then he must have given him an AI of his own guess i'm the only crazy one.
Hearing him mention something about listening to what the men were saying made her join in.  "Woah woah so you get to hear but I don't?"  she asked annoyed. Instead of giving an answer he merely shushed her.
"They're in the middle of a heist, we can catch them red handed! This is awesome!" "So what's our play Parker?" She wondered before looking up at him to see that his suit's eyes were no longer white, instead they were pure black with nothing but a dot of red in them. It startled the girl and made her fall off of the sign.
Because she's fallen from high places before she rolled on the ground stopping herself from making noise that would attract attention to them. A sigh of relief left her mouth as the criminals continued to mind their own business. That was until Peter fell off the sign as well; only difference was his fall wasn't so quiet.
"Damn it spider!" violet quietly yelled while picking him up so no one could see him. Peter shot multiple webs; one landed onto her face making her yelp in disgust before quickly ripping it off. "Parker!"
"sorry sorry!" He shot a web upwards and it the gas station light.
This normally wouldn't be a problem but because the web had incorporated electricity it caused the sign to start blinking. "Great idea! Should I just break down the whole building while we are at it?" she sarcastically asked becoming visible. He grabbed her arm dragging them away so they could hide behind the building while he talked to his AI.
Violet had gotten impatient and jumped onto the roof to get a better view of what was happening: peter followed her lead. She pointed towards the man with wings "there's our guy." peter nodded.
After seeing said man enter the truck they made their way down to track him. Violet reached into the portal he had slipped through and 'hmmed', "it's some kind of matter phase shifter." she muttered before pulling her hand back out. "Shit he's coming up." the duo scooted backwards as the vulture attempted to leave the scene without being caught but failed thanks to peter shooting webs at his backpack and tossing it into violet's arms. "Hey big bird! This doesn't belong to you!" he exclaimed loudly.
Peter immediately regretted his words when the vulture decided to give them his full attention. "Oh god." "Great! You pissed off the bald eagle!" his partner said sarcastically.
The vulture wasted no time in attacking the teenagers; his first attempt resulted in them both jumping over him. Peter tried to gain the advantage by using his webs but ultimately they didn't even stick onto the man. Their opponent tilted his head unamused with the attempt.
"You're embarrassing me in front of robot chicken." she told to peter before making a move of her own. Being a geokinesis user in short meant that the entire world was her playground.
Violet surrounded the man with rocks chiseled into daggers and simultaneously made them attack him in one go. The vulture managed to dodge or block them with the help of his metal wings-"he's fast!" she  yelled as peter grabbed onto her arm to stabilize her.
Being on a moving truck proved to be difficult for the two.
While trying to regain their balance the vulture managed to grab the two and drop them into the portal. Peter's body landed right on top of violets as they hit the bottom of the truck. Instead of arguing with him she instead pushed his body off and gestured towards the top "come on we can't let them escape." they jumped up expecting to leave but instead were met with cold, hard metal; instantly knocking them out.
-
"Ow my head" peter slowly sat up while massaging his head from the impact it had received earlier. He shook his head before noticing that violet had yet to wake up. "Hey Violet! Wake up!"
VIOLET'S DREAM
"What have you done.."
the woman laughed sinisterly while licking her lips, tilting her head menacingly in the process "what ever could you be talking about?"
"You're a monster." "I am not-"  she paused and scoffed "i'm not a monster..no..i'm
simply taking life away from the unworthy." "What did my son ever do to you!" the man screamed with tears streaming down his face, "he was an asshole." she tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear and pouted at the tied up man. "what's with that face?"
"Please..just kill me."
she smirked "i was already planning on doing that." on her palm formed a large orb of dark purple energy, the man's pupils dilated at the sight. he began to retaliate and screamed for help, but it was of no use. "oh shut up." were the last words he heard as she drived her hand into his chest. He could feel the dark energy cursing throughout his veins-before finding it's way to his heart. She smiled in delight when sensing the energy had wrapped around it, with that she clenched her fist and watched as blood sprouted from his mouth and eyes went completely white.
The woman giggled wiping away the blood that had landed onto her face.