chap 18/ hc

HOMECOMING: BACKSTABBER

Well saving Casimir from being run over earned me a gigantic hug from Lilianna while she cried in my arms repeatedly thanking me, Casimir thanked me as well but his was much less dramatic; honestly i think she was more distraught than her brother.
I made a quick pit stop back at the avengers compound for my dress then headed back to the sibling's house where they awaited along with Mj. The moment I arrived their mother, Ms.Umbra, greeted me with a handshake and 100 dollar bill. "Thank you so much, Casimir told me about what you did today." immediately i shook my head and refused to accept the money, "please! it's the least i can do, if it weren't for you my son wouldn't be here." in attempt to ask for help i glanced back at lilianna who didn't seem to get the hint. I smiled at their mom, "i really appreciate it but it's okay. I don't need a reward for doing what i'm supposed do." my answer satisfied Ms.Umbra as she gave a grin.
"Well regardless i'm glad my children have you as a friend, it makes me feel much more at ease with their safety."
From behind Lilianna groaned in what sounded like annoyance "gosh mom you're so embarrassing." her comment made me narrow my eyes "What's so embarrassing about that? You have a mother who clearly loves and cares about you, not many people can say the same." my emo comment totally dampened the mood in the room. That wasn't my intention but I felt as though it had to be said. I mean, i would love to have someone to call embarrassing but obviously i don't. In a way I envy Lilianna.
"Sorry violet." she muttered sadly.  I told her everything was fine and there was no need to apologize or feel guilty. It didn't take long before we fixed up the atmosphere and us girls began to get ready. 
Because after all, today is Homecoming.
This is my first time attending a high school event. I've always seen things like this in movies or tv shows but never experienced it for myself.
I should be happy right?
But, like always,  i'm not.
I really wish I could be but all I can think about is what's next to come. After nearly unintentionally murdering a person, I can finally admit that I am in fact not okay. I thought by dismissing all my negative thoughts and emotions i'd get better, but it's clear to me now that isn't possible.
All these hallucinations have finally made me reach my breaking point. Lilianna walked out of her bathroom "what do we think?" i quickly composed myself before looking at her, she wore a long, royal blue colored dress.
"You look great." my reassurance made her face light up, Mj nodded in agreement.
Lilianna laughed "says you! Whatever is in your Maximoff genes I want it. You, Wanda, and Pietro are all insanely attractive."
My brother's name being mentioned made me falter. Am I hearing things again? The only way I could confirm my suspicions was Mj, who had the same surprised reaction as I did. So I guess i'm not completely crazy.
-
3rd pov:
"How do you know about pietro?" her sokovian accent had made its first appearance in front of both Michelle and Lilianna who felt a slight shutter of fear. The teenagers real accent was much more intimidating than the fake one she put on. Lilianna nervously chuckled "what? Doesn't everyone?"
"no? I only found out because she told me." Michellle immediately answered her question as she glanced between the two; noticing that Violet's attention remained locked onto Lilianna. "I mean I only know because Casimir is a mega fan of the avengers so he always reads up on the battles they go through."
Violet knew a lie when she heard one, and the vibrations from Lilianna's heartbeat anxiously paced faster and faster as the enhanced tilted her head with purple beginning to overtake her once brown hues. No one knows who Pietro is. In the media his death was brushed over and never mentioned which is why it's rare for someone to know his name. Especially someone like Lilianna, who didn't even recognize violet when they first met. Violet slowly shook her head "you're lying." purple wisps traveled along the floor before slowly creeping up Lilianna's body.
Before the situation could be discussed more Ms.Umbra swung open the bedroom door "You girls ready-" her excitement came to a halt when seeing everyone's tense posture and feeling the awkward atmosphere "um i'll be in the car."
Violet didn't even realize she had entered the room, she still kept her sight on lilianna.  Her phone buzzed making Michelle immediately check it before sighing in relief "Reign is here." she dragged the enhanced out of the room by her shoulders "your purple stuff is coming out of your hands." violet finally came back to reality and peeked down to see that Michelle was indeed correct.
-
"You guys look alright." reign complimented as Violet sat in the passenger and Michelle behind, he skeptically eyed violet who seemed more out of it than ever "what happened?"
"What happened was I never trusted Lilianna and I was right." michelle commented making violet roll her eyes "oh yeah? Then why were you hanging out with her?"
"You know what they say, keep your friends close but your enemies closer." "Oh my god you sound like Tony."
Reign's gaze flickered between the two of them "okay what the fuck did i miss?"
Violet ran her hand through her hair as she slowly breathed in and out trying to calm herself down. Her only emotion right now is anger, which is the opposite of what she should be feeling. "Lilianna knows who Pietro is and I don't know how." The teens all sat in silence as they attempted to piece together this mystery but failed. Michelle shrugged her shoulders giving up. "This is too much for my head." violet complained, Reign pat the girls back "it's okay vi just forgot about it for now. It's homecoming night, you're supposed to have fun today." "Oh i'm gonna have a lot of fun making her tell me the truth." "Violet!" both Reign and Michelle shouted, she put her hands up in a surrendering position "guys i was...joking?"
"That really didn't sound like much of a joke."
-
Reign opened the car door for both Michelle and Violet, despite her protests violet ended up walking in between the two of them as they claimed they would "protect" her from Lilianna. But she knew that in reality they were just trying to protect Lilianna from her. Anyone could sense the amount of animosity radiating off of her-if given the opportunity she surely would go after Lilianna. Upon entering the school building the duo kept an eye out for the girl in a blue dress, "coast is clear." reign confirmed as he scanned the gym.
The bodyguards clearly weren't doing too great of a job as violet managed to slip past them with ease. She ran away to greet Ned who she immediately hugged "ned please don't ever betray me!" Although confused he hugged her back, "what are you talking about?"
She shook her head "doesn't matter. But anyways look at you! You're looking quite handsome." violet tightened his bowtie making him slightly blush "and you look beautiful as always!" since the day they met Ned had always found violet to be beautiful on both the inside and out, which is why he was so accepting to be her friend. That and because she's an avenger of course. "Shall we dance?" he asked offering his hand which she gracefully accepted.
They danced together with their friends surrounding, all laughing and smiling. For the first time in a very long time, violet felt like a real teenager. There was no one to protect or any stress to deal with. It was simply just her and her friends (michelle and ned) enjoying the moment.
Her enjoyment came to an end however when seeing Peter join the group with a distressed face, which immediately put a frown on hers. Now all she cared about was finding out what had happened to him. She placed her hands on his face staring deeply into his eyes and he put his hand on top of hers; immediately feeling a sense of security from her contact. Peter explained what had happened moments before, which consisted of Liz's dad actually being the flying bird guy that they had been chasing after.