chap 12/ hc

HOMECOMING: NOBODY

HOMECOMING: NOBODY

violet pov:
"nice to see you awake."
my eyes fluttered open and right before me flew no other than Ironman. "What happened?" i asked while rubbing my forehead in preparation for the headache i was going to receive. Peter proceeded to break down the events that had transpired tonight while i was quiet. Tony sighed heavily as his recap came to an end "what were you two thinking?" here it comes.
"The guy with the wings is obviously the source of the problem so we gotta take him down!" peter exclaimed back making tony chuckle, "take him down huh? Steady there are certain people who handle this sort of thing." "like the avengers?" he looked at me for confirmation to which I shrugged.
"No no this is a little below their pay rate."
"Anyway mr.stark you didn't have to come all the way out here, we had that we were fine." I looked at peter with raised eyebrows, we almost drowned..is that what he considers fine?
"Oh i'm not here." Tony's mask opened to reveal nobody inside which wasn't surprising to me. Since everything went down in Berlin he's hardly ever home now. "Thank god this place has wifi or you two would of been toast right now. Look forget the flying volcher guy please!" "Why!" "Why?! Because I said so!" tony raised his voice which only meant one thing, he was starting to get frustrated.
"Are you going to do anything about it?"
my question earned a huff "and she speaks! What a sight!" he said sassily back. "If you aren't then someone has too." "You two arent doing anything you hear me? Just stay close to the ground helping the little people. Cant you just be a friendly neighborhood spider-man?" the last part of his sentence was obviously directed towards Peter who said "but i'm ready for more than that now!" "No you're not." "That is not what you thought when I took on captain america." watching these two bicker reminded me a lot of how tony & i communicate. "Trust me kid if cap wanted to lay you out, he would've. Listen to me if you come across these weapons again call Happy, and you-" he then pointed towards me, "what the hell happened to going home straight after school?!" "i did go home after school. I just left later."
Tony scoffed "okay ms.smartass. Well from now on stay out of trouble will you? You have no idea how much convincing I had to do to keep you out of a cell."
at this I bit my lip refraining from saying something i'd regret, peter however was visibly confused at tony's words. He tilted his head before speaking "what do you mean by that Mr.Stark?" he wondered.
Tony dismissed his question and instead kept his helmet's stare locked onto me "she knows what i'm talking about. Right Violet?"
his need for confirmation caused my hands to form into fists-i could feel my nails digging into my palm. It was obvious he wasn't going anywhere until I responded and so I hesitantly nodded. "Good. Now i'm off." were the last words he said before taking off.
"Hey-" peter's hand found it's way on top of mine and he opened it up, "next time just squeeze onto my hand instead."
i half smiled at his request. Looking up at him i now saw how upset he appeared "i'm sorry about Tony, but it's not like we have to listen to him." his brown hues landed onto mine as he smiled, "you get it."

-
Arriving back at the avengers facility I was greeted with a not so friendly welcome. The ironman suit was body blocking the door to my  bedroom; i sighed in annoyance while kicking my shoes off. "Can I help you Tony?"
"Yeah actually as a matter of fact you definitely can, you have anything you want to tell me?" violet stood frozen and immediately began to turn red oh god he knows about peter. She fumbled with her rings "no.."
"Really?"
"It was an accident Tony I didn't mean to see Peter in his underwear!" tony's pupils widened at the confession "What!? That wasn't even what I was talking about!"
My mouth hung open as I awkwardly laughed "well uh just forget it! What were you talking about then?"
"I'm definitely not gonna forget it but what I was talking about is this." he projected an image of peter and I's encoutner at the bank, to which I squinted "us fighting robbers?"
Tony sighed, "You can't be doing this kid." he said while shaking his head, "This, this is dangerous. You guys are insanely lucky that nobody was injured."
"Why is this all of a sudden a problem? It's not like you were unaware of what we've been doing after school-"
"Yeah I was fine with it until you guys started blowing up deli shops." I could tell he was getting genuinely annoyed, but what the hell? This literally is what happens-you win some you lose some. "All i'm asking is that you step down from doing big tasks. Just focus on the little things like helping the civilians-"
"That's what we are-"
"No, I mean little little tasks. Not fighting robbers and causing commotions."
"Tony." I tilted my head, "why can't I do what i've always done? Isn't it my job to fight people who are attempting to cause harm?"
"It was but-"
"Was?"
He stayed silent.
"Tony."
He bit his lip as if refraining from spilling something out.
"What aren't you telling me?"
"Just please stop doing this. Okay? Do daily tasks and run throughs-don't go looking for big trouble." I scoffed. "I'm serious."
"But why?! That's all i'm asking! Just tell me the truth!" "You're breaking the Sokovia accords!" He yelled. This was the first time he's ever raised his voice at me. My eyes squinted, "I never signed that bullshit."
"Yeah well your sister did. Your name is on it."  No way..I looked towards the open door and saw vision standing with his head hung low. He must have finished his mission already. My gaze switched between the two as I scoffed "she would never."
Tony rolled his eyes "my witness is right here. Your sister confided in Natasha & I and asked for permission to do it."
"Why would she do that?"
"Maybe because out of all of us you deserve a shot at a normal life Violet."
"But..but you told me an 'exception' was made for me."
"Come on Vi I know you didn't believe that. You really think they would make an exception for an enhanced individual like yourself?"  His words were like a shot through my heart. "What is that supposed to mean."
-
3rd pov:
Tony could tell his words were a mistake when he heard the girls sokovian accent come back. It was like an on and off switch for her, she knew when to use it and when not to. "You want to expand on what you just said?" She asked while keeping eye contact with him.
"That came out wrong. Listen, Violet, it's just the government is afraid of people like you. They consider you a weapon of mass destruction-" once the words weapon of mass destruction came out of his mouth the teenager's eyes turned their normal hue of purple right before passing out; but on the inside she was mentally pulled into something.
Violet opened her eyes to see Steve & Tony conversing about something, "Steve?" she questioned outloud in confusion. it's been two months since she last saw him, and seeing him now made her slightly smile. She got up from the ground, "How have you-" just as she was going to touch him she saw as her hand phased through him, as if she wasn't even there. Violet furrowed her eyebrows together when seeing this, looking up now realizing that the two men were not paying attention to her presence at all.
Considering they weren't acknowledging her, it was time for her to listen in on what they were saying.
"I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards." Steve said while holding a pen in his hand. "Sure. Once we put out the PR fire those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have you, Wanda, and Violet reinstated." Tony responded to his comment.
"Violet and Wanda? What about them?" "They're fine. They're both confined to the compound currently. Vision is seeing them company."
'So this is when Tony tried to trap us in the house, which means he must be trying to convince Steve to sign the government paper thing' violet thought to herself.
"Oh god Tony. Every time I think you see things the right way-" "It's 100 acres with a lap pool, it's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people."
"Protection?" Steve said sassily. "Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment Tony." "They're not U.S citizens-" "Oh come on." "And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction." those words. 'Tony told me that the government thinks of me as a weapon of mass destruction..but he left out the part where he thinks i'm one too. To be honest I didn't expect that, so hearing it come from him was like another jab at my heart.'
"They're kids! And Violet Tony? Seriously?" Steve shouted, "I'm doing this for her!" Tony shouted even louder now standing up to face steve directly "You know better than anyone that the government has had their eyes locked onto her the moment she joined the avengers. I don't want her to get taken from us Steve." steve's silence was an answer in itself "she needs the both of us, and maybe we need her more than she needs us." tony rubbed his face and laughed "but we can't make her happy if you want to go your own way. Just think about what you'll do to her if you leave."
"Don't do that Tony." Steve said sternly, "dont use her against me."
"But you know it's true. If you leave she'll be even more heartbroken." "Why don't you think about how she's gonna feel after finding out you're keeping not only her but Wanda locked away as well? You're robbing them from their freedom Tony."
"If trying to protect them from people who want them dead makes her upset than i'll accept that. I rather be safe than sorry." tony sat back down "I'm doing what has to be done. To stave off something worse."
"You keep telling yourself that. Hate to break up the set." Steve put the pen down and walked out of the room. Then everything went white, which nearly blinded her.
-
She woke up to Tony violently shaking her body and vision now hovering over her as well. "Oh she's awake." Vision said making Tony stop. "What the hell was that? You scared the crap out of me kid."
weapons of mass destruction.
the words replayed in Violet's mind.
Slowly her eyes traveled to meet his, while his were filled of confusion the teen's were filled with hurt and betrayal. Tony raised his eyebrow, "What?"
"I don't understand you." quickly Violet got up and dusted herself off, but just as she turned to leave the room Vision held onto her arm. Looking down at her he got slight deja vu from when Wanda wanted to leave and he wouldn't let her, recalling these events made him stare at the girl pleadingly-he didn't want to lose her either. "Stay."
"What am I a dog?" She yanked her arm away from his grasp, "i'm sorry toaster, but this isn't anything against you. It's all about him."
Tony rolled his eyes; "You know you keep saying that  but I have no idea what I did." Violet stared back at him and shook her head, "You never do Tony." then her entire body went invisible.
-
Although it was a cold night Violet didn't mind it, it reminded her of Sokovia. With the idea of her hometown in mind she began to think of her brother & sister whom she missed dearly. She looked down at the locket around her neck and held it tightly; wishing she could be with Wanda again and wishing Pietro was still alive. Before she knew it a tear drop slid down her cheek. Ever since Wanda left the compound she's felt completely alone. She was her safe place but the accords took her away, so now what was left?
A voice screaming for help captured her attention and pushed the negative thoughts that had formed to the side. Immediately she wiped away her tears and ran to where she heard the cry from as it was nearby.
Arriving at the scene she was greeted with three men surrounding a girl who appeared to be around the same age as her. At first the men didn't notice her, but once she coughed they all quickly turned around.
"Wow isn't it past your guy's curfew? I'm sure your mothers are worried sick. " "And what do we have here?" one asked licking his lips, making violet glare in disgust.
"Uh boss..that's violet."
she smiled tauntingly at the man "Aww you recognize me? I love my fans! Do you want an autograph?"as she searched in her pocket for a piece of paper one of them whipped out a gun and shot-violet however predicted this so before it could make contact she flicked her hand and a wall was put up blocking the bullet. "Fine, no autograph you asshole." she grumbled capsuling the one who shot in a rock dome, from the inside he shouted 'get her!' signaling for his accomplices to attack.
The two came from either side of her, the one on the left wore a ski mask and the one on the right wore a beanie.  "watch this!" she focused her attention on the ski mask man and sweeped his legs causing him to fall. Swiftly she stood back up and dodged a punch the beanie man attempted to connect, "you're too slow!" instead she punched him directly in the face; the sound of bones cracking could clearly be heard.  She didn't stop there.
She kicked in one of his knees causing it to snap from the pressure, immediately he let out a cry in pain as he dropped to ground. "Oh come on you pussy it doesn't hurt that bad." ski mask attempted to land a sneak attack on the girl from behind but since she can sense vibrations he didn't succeed. Just as he was going to stab her he fell into a hole she had just created-violet smirked and bent down stealing the knife from his hand, tossing it up and down "you know, you should really watch where you're walking. It's gonna cost you your life one day." she tightened it ensuring he would stay stuck. One was trapped in a dome, ski mask in a hole, and beanie man had a broken leg so he wouldn't be able to go anywhere even if he tried.
"Ding ding all idiots down! You guys didn't even put up a fight." violet laughed "whew that felt nice." she admitted wiping away a fake tear.
"You're a monster!" the beanie man yelled, she stopped and turned to face him "weren't you guys the ones trying to assault a woman? I think you seriously need to reevaluate what your definition of a monster is." just for that comment she kicked in his other knee cap-now both were broken.
Violet smiled and walked away from him, giving her focus to the trembling girl in front of her "you're okay now. Sorry I didn't show sooner."
She shook her head, "I'm glad you came at all. Thank you for saving me." in the background the whimpers of beanie man could be heard. The girl walked up to him and kicked him in the nuts causing him to groan.
"Hey nice!" violet encouraged her actions "i like your style. Do you wanna hit either one of these guys too?"
"No no i'm okay now. I just needed to do that."
"So where you headed? I'll walk you there." Violet gave her a toothy grin.
"Oh! No you don't need-"
"just tell me where you're going, come on I don't mind taking you." The girl smiled and pointed towards the direction of where her house was, "See? Wasn't so hard huh." they began to walk together."So uh, what's your name?"
"I'm Lilianna. What's yours?"
"Violet. Never heard of me?"
Lilianna tilted her head, then her eyes widened. "Oh yeah! You're an avenger!" she giggled, "sorry about that.I moved here from San Diego where you know, less damage occurs." "It's okay, sometimes I need to have my ego torn down. So why did you move here?"
"My mom had to for work."
She nodded. "Cool. Must be a pretty interesting job to move all the way from San Diego to Queens."
"Eh, she has to travel a lot so we've never really been in one place. I'm use to it by now you know?"
"I get it. Okay this is gonna take us forever soo-" Violet stopped walking then pulled Lilianna slightly closer to her; before the lost girl knew it she was now standing on a piece of land floating through the air. "this is way faster! you should sit down though, don't want you to lose your balance and fall or else i'd get arrested!"
Lilianna laughed, "Yeah that wasn't a joke!" Violet said seriously but broke into a fit of laughter as well, "it really wasn't."
+++
giving ur oc hella powers bc u can >>>