Interrupting (Chapter.14)

They both heard the knock coming from the door, they just didn't want to. They were both ready for this new step. Or were they. Dixies half was a lie. She dint trust Noah, like that at least. It's not like she dint want to, she just couldn't....... yet. This guilt rushed over Dixie. She thought about how she would feel afterwards. She wanted this moment to be special, not based on a lie.

When Noah continued Dixie didn't. She stopped him. She slid from under him and prepared herself. "Why'd you leave?" Noah wasn't mad that she left, he understood that she might've not been ready, but she could've just said something. "Oh, well I need to go see if there's anyone important by the door." This wasn't a complete lie. It might've been important, buttt it's not the only reason. "Oh, ok." She was confused. But he also didn't want to rush her in this moment. He cared for her, and he wanted this moment to be important to her. He was fine with waiting, he was confused with how's she's acting, but he understood.

They both walked out the the living room, which was close to the door. Noah went to go sit on the couch, while Dixie went and opened the door that had been knocked on a few more times. When she opened it the face that was revealed was the face of a person she never though she'd see again. Griffin. She wanted to the shut the door immediately, but Dixie being Dixie, she couldn't bring herself to do that. No matter how much pain he caused her, and how wrong he was towards her, she still couldn't do it. "What do you want?" Dixie said in the snarkiest way possible. She didn't want to talk to him. What she really wanted to do was punch him, but she couldn't, so the next best thing was the way she talked.

"I came to say sorry. I messed up, as a person, and as a boyfriend. You did not deserve what I did to you. And I'm so sor." That's all he could get in before Noah realized who was at the door. He wanted to make him jealous. To show what was once Griffins was now his, and only his. "Babe, who's at the door?" Griffin looked behind Dixie to discover Noah, who was laying right behind her on the couch. "What's he doing here?" Griffin still felt n in control. They had never really split up, officially anyways, so part of Griffin still though they had a chance.

" first of all, that's none of your business anymore, and I'd you really must know, my BOYFRIEND came to see me." She didn't stutter. She wanted to make it clear that she was not Griffins property anymore. She was happy with Noah, and she needed the whole world to know that, but Griffins a good start. "Your boyfriend?....." Griffin sounded confused, apparently he thought that he still "owned her". Noah was enjoying his confusion. He had such a hatred for Griffin, he wanted him to suffer. "Yeah.... boyfriend. Do you have a problem with th- oh right, I don't care." Noah genuinely didn't care about what Dixie might think about his behavior. He needed Griffin to know what he lost. That Dixie is not, and never will be his. He hated how Griffin treated her, she didn't deserve that.

Dixie on the other hand was happy. He was, in some way showing her off. She also loved the look on Griffins face. He was jealous and mad, and she adored that. She wanted him to know that she moved on, that's she's happy. Happier than she's ever been. Yeah sure, they have had some disagreements but they love each other. That's something that she never felt with Griffin. Even when he wasn't abusive and controlling, she never thought about love.

"What's your problem?? I just cam-" they both couldn't stand him anymore. They were surprised they even lasted this long without slamming the door. "Woah woah woah, I'm gonna stop you right there. Don't talk to him or me like that. You lost all right to do that when you decided to cheat on me with multiple girls. And sorry for not making it more clear before, but we're over. So don't talk to me, I don't need you. I'm an happier now than I ever would've been with your controlling ass." Boom. She would've went further, but knowing herself she either would've broken down, or went to far, so she decided to sop right there.

"Oh and before you leave. I want to make one thing very clear, she's mine. Maybe you would've still had her if you didn't act like a complete ass to this smart, amazing, and beautiful girl. But you don't. That's over, so don't ever go near her again unless I let you." Noah felt relieved after saying that. He knew that Dixie was happy with him, and he needed Griffin to know that too. "Bye Griffin." Thats the last thing Dixie said before shifting the door in his face, locking it right after.

"Are you ok baby? I know that must've been hard for you." No matter how calmly she reacted Noah knew that Dixie was still hurting on the inside. They both hadn't seen Griffin since that night, and let's just say that wasn't the best day either one of them had. "I'm ok my love. I'm over Griffin, I love you, only you. Tonight made me realize that more than ever." She trusted him. Tonight he proved that he's there for you, not just as a shoulder to cry on, but as a protector. "I love you too baby, more than anything in this world." He really did love her that much. They were meant for each other, he believed that.

"I'm tired, can we go to bed?" She really was tired. She was also deep down really happy that they got interrupted. She wasn't as ready as she thought she was for this big next step. "Ofc we can go to bed, let's go." He said that as he picked her up, walking her to the bedroom. He laid her down on the bed and did the same next to her. Dixie rolled over, putting her head on his chest, putting one of her legs in between his, and one on the other side. They both fell asleep after a few kisses and reassurances of their love.

This ones kinda short but that's fine since I'm posting another chapter later. I was gonna keep the drama going but i didn't want you to absolutely despise me yet, so I decided to give y'all a break lol 😂 love you guysss ❤️
Word count: 1136