The Rest of My Life (Chapter:28)

*1 year later*

"Dixie Jane Damelio, will you marry me?"
*3 hours earlier*

Noah's POV: today's the day. I'm finally gonna ask the love of my life to marry me. This day had been something that many people, including me have been waiting for. And to be honest, I feel stupid for not doing this sooner. I knew since the first day I laid my eyes on Dixie, that she was the one for me.

She gets me in a way no one else does. Understands me when I barley understand myself. Loves me for the person that I am, even when I make mistakes. Appreciates and shows how much she cares.

She's also so fucking beautiful. I love the way her brown eyes shine in the sun, the way her hair looks, whether she has extensions in or not. I love all of her freckles, and her nose. I love all of her. Every single bit.

She's perfect. For me at least. No one has ever made me fall this hard in my life. With her, I just never stop falling. I find something I love about her everyday. Hell, I even love the things I don't like.

Despite all the drama, and social media, my baby and I have managed to get through all of it. The love we have for each other is just to perfect. I would be crazy to ever let her go, or to even think about it. We're in this together, forever.

---

"Where are we going?" Dixie grew more and more curious about my behavior. I mean I did tell her to get in the car and put on a blindfold, but she should know by now that her patience always ends up being worth it.

"You'll see when we get there. I'm not telling you." I feel bad for not telling her, knowing she hates when people build up her anticipation. But today was an exception. I couldn't let anything or anyone ruin this perfect day. "That's mean."

She pouted, trying to act sad. I'm not falling for it though. Plus, we're almost at our destination, she can hold on for a few more minutes. "You'll be fine. Look on the bright side, we're very close." She sighed, knowing that she failed at persuading me. "That doesn't help, but okay."

She looked mad for some reason. I knew it was all part of her act, but some part of me wanted to believe it. I couldn't though. I just couldn't. "Don't be mad, baby, I promise it'll all be worth it." I quickly grabbed her chin, giving her a shirt and sweet kiss before focusing my eyes back on the road.

I looked over for a slight second to see a smile on her face. I cold tell the kiss definitely helped. It helped me too if I'm being honest. "We're here." I turned off the car, getting out and opening her door. "Can I take this off yet." She asked tugging at the blindfold. "Not just yet." I helped her get out and then closed the car door behind her.

I guided her over to this beautiful bridge that I had set up earlier this morning with candles, flowers, and her favorite chocolate. "Okay, take it off." She slowly took it off, acting as if something was going to bite her, but once she took it off, her face flooded with the biggest smile I have ever seen.

"Do you like it?" She looks at me in one of the most sincere ways possible, lifting up in her toes, and placing a soft kiss on my lips. "I fucking love it! Thank you, my love." She gave me one more kiss, this one more passionate, lasting longer than the last.

Her kisses have never failed to make me fall more in love with her. It's like her lips were made perfectly, just to fit mine. "Anything for you, babygirl." I wrapped my arms around her, softly packing her head, and stroking one of my hands through her hair. She's so precious.

I went to go get the food from the car, getting her favorite, chipotle. Very basic, but trust me, the live that girl has for chipotle is beyond my understanding. "Chipotle!!" She jumped up, grabbing the bag, and sitting back down.

"I got your usual. Is that okay?" I smiled at her, as she had already started eating. "It's more than okay. It's fantastic." She finished chewing before giving me a kiss on the, and returning to her food.

We ate, taking about anything we could think of, enjoying time as the sun started to set. "The sunsets beautiful." Dixie said, admiring the astonishing colors of the sky. "Your beautiful." She blushes. I love how even after all this time, I still manage to make her blush.

"T-Thank you." She smiles sincerely, looking away and at the sunset again. It's time. I get ok my knees behind her, making sure the ring was in my pocket, and prepared myself for this moment.

"Baby. Turn around." I clear my throat, getting ready to say everything my heart desires. She turns around, her face immediately furrowing into a shocked expression. "N-Noah." She begins to cry, covering her face as she looks at me, knowing what's going to happen next.

"Dixies Jane Damelio." I took a deep breath. "Since the day that I met you, I knew you were going to be special to me. I didn't know how, or why, but something about you always me feel different, feel better. The love I have for you goes beyond even my understanding. Your are the one for me Dixie Jane. The only one who knows me, who gets me, and who loves me unconditionally. There is no one else I would rather be with other than you. I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Dixie, will you make me the happiest person in the world and marry me?"

I took the ring out of my pocket, opening the black velvet box, relieving the ring. It had been a ring that she showed me when we went shopping for her mom.

She cried at the sight, even more than earlier. Her hands shaking as she moved them off of her face. "Y-yes! I w-would love to marry you Noah Timothy Beck." She jumped up in my arms. I caught her rubbing her back, letting a huge sigh of relief leave my mouth.

I put her down, and put the ring on her hand. "Is it good? Does it fit? Do you like it? I can cha-" she cut me off by kissing. "Noah, baby. Everything's more than perfect. This is perfect. Your perfect."

We kissed again, savoring every single moment of this. Everything went just as planned. I now have a fiancé, the only one I ever want to have. I love your Dixie Jane Damelio.

Hiiiii! 2 more chapters lefttt! I can't even begin to understand how far I've come with this book. I'm not going to continue with this sappy shit until the last chapter but all I'm gonna say is i appreciate and love every single one of you guys. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) <3