Chapter Twenty

Tucker found himself where he always went to whenever he felt lost and frustrated.

At a bar.

After a while, he lost track of how many beers he had. It was a curse that after years of drinking, he barely felt drunk after having even double the amount of alcohol that got him completely smashed back in college.

Tucker had been in a few sticky situations with his exes before. But the thing that was constant in all of his relationships, just like in other aspects of his life, was that Tucker always knew what he wanted. But right now, he was more confused than he had ever been.

On one hand was Divij. He was great. He was funny, had similar ideologies, they went along really well, and Tucker liked him. It was far from love, but Tucker could imagine a future with him. Especially when he saw how well Divij gelled with his close friends and family.

And then there was Callum Kaufman.

The man that Tucker hated in an instant, but then eventually felt attracted to for reasons that were beyond his understanding. Callum fueled something in him. At first, Tucker thought it was disdain, but now he had come to realise that it's more than that.

Whereas Divij touches the soft, safe parts of Tucker's heart, Callum ignites something raw in him. Something he can no longer ignore. But the farthest he could see himself with Callum was.. what? A one night stand?

No matter how much Callum tried to convince Tucker that he wanted more than a single fuck, Tucker just couldn't accept the fact that it could be true.

"You okay?" A voice interrupted Tucker. He looked to his side to see a pretty woman sitting on the stool next to him, "You've been staring at the wall for quite a bit of time."

"Just some things on my mind." Tucker shrugged.

"I can listen?" The woman offered. She looked like she was in her mid-twenties, she passed a soft smile as she said so, shifting just a tiny bit closer to Tucker.

"I wouldn't want to bore you." Tucker said, making the woman pout.

"Come on," She urged, "Talking helps."

"It's just relationship stuff." Tucker said, he looked at his wrist watch, wondering when Dan was going to show up.

"Oh," She frowned, "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No," Tucker chuckled, "A boyfriend. Actually, none right now."

"Oh!" The woman covered the slight shock pretty quickly, "Bad break up? What happened? He cheated?"

"Actually, I did," Tucker pursed his lips, "It's complicated. He wants to give me another chance."

"Shouldn't you jump at that?" She asked, puzzled.

"Yeah but the guy that I cheated on him with.." Tucker trailed off.

"Let me guess. He wants to be with you too?" She smirked, and Tucker nodded, "And what do you want? More like who, actually."

"That's what I don't know," Tucker frowned a little, "With my ex.. it's a very warm feeling. But with the other guy.. it's all heated and passionate and I just can't make up mind."

"Wow," The woman blew out some air from her mouth, "Warm vs passionate. I have to say, both the feelings are pretty rare so you're in quite a pickle."

"Tell me about it." Tucker sighed.

"If I were in your place," She paused for a moment before continuing, "I'd go for the second guy. If you already cheated on your ex, then maybe the warmth he makes you feel isn't really enough. No point reeling him along further."