Chapter Two: Mission

Nanami and I finally made it to our destination. We both stepped out of the car and stood in front of the cursed building.

"Another School I see." I plainly stated.

"It seems schools are a trend with curses, don't you think?" Nanami added.

"Yup." I said Unsheathing my sword as I began walking toward the entrance. This School seemed to be cheaper looking then the one I was just at, older and dirtier, more likely to get curses. I opened the door slowly making a loud creaking noise.

"How many curses do you sense?" Nanami asked appearing beside me.

"Five. Five strong curses." I answered as we walked down the hall.

"We'll split up, I'm sure you can handle a curse or two alone." 

"Yes, I'll go down here, you go the other way." 

"Met you back here." I nodded and we went our given ways. Nanami and I worked well together, we quick and to the point with each other, knew each other strengths and weakness. We also were confidant in each others abilities as a jujutsu sorcerer. I calmly walked the halls with my sword out and at the ready when I needed it. I could sense two of the curses down here, earlier I could sense two on Nanami's side also, which meant the other one was somewhere else. Not that I needed to worry about that, I needed to focus on the curses in my area.

I walked down the halls for quiet sometime still not seeing any curses, Something was off, way off. I could still senses 5 curses in total, so where were they? I stopped in my tracks and just stood in the silence, I focused my hearing to try and pick up something, anything that could lead me to a curse. 

I can hear something, not to far form here, it sounds like metal, no. Yes metal being banged on or something.

I did my best and walked quietly down the halls focusing on the noise, as I got closer it got easier and easier to hear. The banging was now clear as day. I stood outside the door of where it was coming from and sighed. 

"Well, let's see what happens now." I thought out loud. I pushed on the door and I revealed to myself the curse I had been looking for, for the past hour sitting there mindlessly banging on a counter. It suddenly stopped, noticing me. Without thought it jumped on me nocking me to the ground. The only thing keeping me from getting ate by this thing was the sword both me and the curse had our hands on. 

I felt and watched the nasty saliva drip onto my cheek and run down the side with more following it. It's breath smelt like dead bodies as it breathed and growled in my face. I pushed up on the sword and try and get an advantage but it seemed the curse was stronger than I thought. I used all my might and switched places with the curse, I was now on top of the curse having the better advantage. Without even hesitating I cut it's head off quickly before standing back up and wiping the blood off my sword with a rag I carried just for that.   

Nasty things. 

I put the rag away and walked out of the room and continued down the unexplored hall to find the other curse, I sensed it near by, but it could be like the other and really be farther away than I think. 

"Y/n!" I heard Nanami yell from close by, I spun around quickly to see what was going on.

"What's going on?" I asked as he walked up to me. 

"Nothing, I already killed the other three, quite easily." He said plainly fixing his glasses. 

"Oh, You got three, well I'm on my last one, somethings throwing me off though."

"I felt something off also, but didn't think much of it. But if you feel the same way I thought I would mention it." 

"It's like whatever is here, has gained a small amount of control over my heightened senses."

"Your still able to use them correct?" Nanami asked as we walked.

"Yes, they haven't took them away or anything, I'm like a dog and they have the bone berried, And they keep moving the bone in a matter of a few seconds." I explained. 

"Yes I understand." He answered. We both stopped hearing a bang close by, "There! you stay here." he ran into another room and I began walking toward the room slowly to see what the hell was in there. 

But before I could see Nanami stepped out and sighed, "Mission complete." He said. Must've been the last curse then, I thought. We headed outside and into the car in a comfortable silence.

As we rode back, all I could think about was how I was gonna deal with Gojo, maybe I'll go around back and sneak to the dorms.

"Y/n, I want you to give these to Gojo when we get back, I have another mission today. So you'll just be dropped off at the front." Nanami suddenly said, I turned my head to see he was holding out a file toward me. I grabbed it and looked at the cover, it was blank. "You can take a look if you want, you both should probably take a look at it together."

"What is it?" I asked as I opened it up.

"It's a curse we've been studying, Gojo and you are probably some of the top few of killing the curse. I may have some advantage over it but I wouldn't win against it, so I want you two to look at it together form some sort of plan for you two to use to kill it." Nanami explained.

Just my luck, I was trying to make a plan to stay away from him and now I have to make a plan with him and then do the plan with him.