Chapter Three: Paperwork

I walked through the halls holding the file, growing closer and closer to Gojo's office. Why me, why do I have to be a strong sorcerer along with Gojo.

I stood in front of the door of his office, hoping and praying that he wasn't in there. I knocked on the door once no answer, another...still no answer. The door was unlocked so I decided I'd just leave it in his office, I slowly opened the door and walked in.

To my Surprise he was in there, but he was fast asleep. I walked over to him quietly. He had his head down on the desk his arm hanging over the front it was that long. His head was turned to the side so you could see his face while he slept. I looked down at him, I noticed a pen in his hand and that he had fell asleep on a bunch of paper work. I gently took the pen out of his hand before it fell to the floor. I looked at some of the papers he wasn't laying on and they were all old papers other sorcerers filled out months ago. 

My mind went back to the time he said something about doing paper work later, but I didn't think he meant later later. I looked at him once more and then at the papers I held. This must be why he was so eager to want to join us on the mission, I thought.

I felt a sort of guilt in me, I could explain why I did, was it because I rejected him coming along with us? No, that's not right. I grabbed all the past due papers from his desk trying my best not to wake him. Once I had collected them all I walked out of the office still having the file in my hand along with all his past due papers. 

I felt bad for him, I figured I could just finish his papers for him this one time since I had already filled out my own back when they were given to us. I opened the door to my office kicking it closed as I walked in. I set the large heavy stack of paperwork on my desk and grabbed a pen before sitting down. 

This would take a while so I hope Gojo's really tired. I sighed before starting the long job I had before me. 

 . . . 

it had been at least two hours since I started this paperwork and I had a long way to go still. I set the pen down to take a break, I leaned back in the chair and sighed. as I sat there I heard a knock of the door, "Who is it?" I asked in return they just opened the door to reveal Gojo. "I didn't allow you to come in." I said.

"What are you doing, that's a lot of paperwork." Gojo said pointing to the stack as he took a seat. 

"It's not mine." I said as I returned to doing the paper work.

"Huh, why are you doing other peoples-" He suddenly stopped talking, I looked up to see he had one of the papers in his hand looking at the top of the page. He grabbed another and another and then looked at me with a blank look. "It's all mine, why are you doing mine?" He voice went soft, it had no bubbly emotions like it normally did, he sounded worried but he wasn't worried he looked confused. What was I supposed to say to him, I felt bad that you were falling behind, no.

"I...I went to go drop something off at your office and you were asleep, a-and I saw the paperwork. So I thought I'd be the nice person and do some of it." I explained.

"Sounds weird coming from you, but I'll help you I mean it is my paperwork." He plainly said I handed him a pen and went back to working. I kept my eyes on my paper but I knew he was there, The sound of his pen and how fast he wrote. It was silent for at least on hour, when I went to go grab a paper I felt a tug on the other end of it. I looked up to see he had a hold of the other end of the paper, it was the last paper, I let go of the paper and let him take it. He quickly filled it out and put the pen away. 

"it's late I need to get home." I sighed as I got up from the chair.

"It's only 9:30." He said crooking his head. 

"Yeah well I have to make dinner, And pick up my son." I said without thinking as I gathered my things. I soon realized what I had said and wish I could take it back.

"Son? You have a Son. Oh my gosh can I meet him!" Gojo beamed. 

"No, I'm tired and he's probably wants to see me after being at a babysitters all day." I sighed, I knew I should've said that. Before he could answer I walked out of the office.

"How old is he?" I heard Gojo say, he must've used his cursed energy to teleport or whatever. 

"None ya." I said I continued walking.

"Come on give me a number." He begged. 

"No. Now leave me alone."

"Not until you give me and age." He said.

"He's only 4 and half." I sighed, I just wanted him to leave me alone. 

"Awww, that's so cute! Now I have to meet him." Gojo beamed.

"No, he's not good with new people, and he's my child and I'm not ready to show him off to someone new." I said as I remembered all the other people in my life that just left. 

"Oh, I didn't you were serious about it, but if that's how you feel then I can wait." 

"Wait?" I looked up at him confused.

"Yup wait till your both ready." He had a big smile on his face. I felt a familiar feeling grow in my stomach as I looked away with warm cheeks. Wait till we're both ready.