Chapter Thirteen: Unspoken feelings

"You what?" I asked wanting him to finish the sentence, but instead he inched closer and closer to my face soon he was kissing me once more.

Wait I want to know what he was gonna say, I thought, I pulled away and looked at him.

"What did you want to say?" I asked.

"I was gonna say..." He seemed to have a hard time trying to say the word...but then I realized what he was gonna say. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat.

"No, no forget about it, if you don't want to say it then don't." I said walking to the doorway of the living room.

"You want me to say it don't you?" I stopped but kept my back toward him, "You figured out what I was gonna say...now all I have to do is say it."

"No...I don't want to hear it, I don't want to hear it come from your mouth." I bit.

"Your hearts beating like crazy, I wonder how fast it would beat if I were to say those words." He was now behind me and had a hand over my heart while the other wrapped around my waste. 

"You startled me." I answered blankly.

"Mmm...how startled would you be if I were to..." He trailed off and moved closer to my ear"...Say I love you." He whispered. I tensed up and froze.

I...I...why did he just...I can't think...I don't know what to think...he didn't say it toward me...he said what if.

"Mommy!...mommy I didn't know  you wanted a hug!" Rex appeared and wrapped his arms around my leg as a hug.  I plastered a smile on my face even though I wanted to have a panic attack.

"Hey will you look at that it's raining out, pretty heavy." Gojo suddenly said lifting his head off my shoulder. 

"Mommy does that mean Gojo can stay?" Rex gave puppy eyes wanting Gojo to stay. 

"Well...he has no clothes to sleep in." I chuckled.

"That's fine I can deal." Gojo said letting go of me.

"Yay!" Rex jumped up and down excited for Gojo to stay, "Oh, Mommy ca I show him your room...since mommy's and daddy's sleep in the same bed?"

"Oh...Gojo is sleeping on the couch." I nervously smiled.

"But, the babysitter said mommy and daddy's sleep in the same bed, and Gojo is my daddy and your my mommy."

"Ok then." I said, "Wait let me go in there before you guys, make sure my beds made."

"Ok mommy."

I walked down the hall and into my room closing the door behind me. I began pacing back and forth the room thinking out loud.

"Relax, relax, relax." I thought aloud, "Just one night that's all, oh what the hell this is Gojo we're talking about, and I have to sleep in the same bed as him. Ok I got this."

I walked to the door and opened it to see them both standing right there.

"Ok come on, this is mommy's room." Rex raced inside holding onto Gojo's hand. Rex climbed onto the bed while Gojo took a seat at the end of the bed. I stood at the doorway silently.

"Rex, it's time for bed, well it's a little past it." I stated.

"Oh." Rex said getting off the bed and running to his room, I followed behind and went to tuck him in.

 . . . 

After I was done I walked back into my room to see Gojo snooping around the room.

"Umm...you can sleep on whatever side you want. I have to go change." I said nervously. I grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom before he could answer, I quickly changed and came back to be welcomed with a different sight.

"What are you doing?" I asked shocked.

"Relax, I'm just taking off my shirt, that's all." Gojo said 

"Right, well warn me next time."

He just chuckled and laid back on the bed shirtless. He was lean there was doubt about that, but I grew rather awkward.

"Y/n...All the family photos of you and Rex...there's always someone covered up." Gojo began.

"You want to know who it is. don't you?" I said sitting next to the laid down Gojo.

"If you don't mind."

"No I don't. He's Rex's father, it was the longest relationship I've even been in. He was a nice funny guy. But I was saddening sight and things didn't work out. Though he may be Rex's father he has no idea he has a kid named Rex. I never told him, to save us both from a dreadful marriage." I explained.

"A saddening mess huh...what happened in order for you to get that way?"

"I'm a orphan, and all children without real parents are needy and fall for people who do as little as look in their direction. I came to the conclusion when I was young, that it didn't matter what happened to me...In the end you die."

"Hmm...Y/n you ever think it was the journey not the destination? Sure you Die in the End, but that's a boring destination, so make the journey fun and stuff , ya know." 

"The journey?" I turned my head and looked at him.

"Yup, you wonder why I act all bubbly and stuff, because I like the journey more than the destination in this case. I don't have much of a wonderful past either, but that's what made future me."

"Who knew an idiot like you could be so inspirational." 

He chuckled at my words, me also.

"Y/n...I love you..."

"Gojo...as many times as I've said these three words to other people...this time I truly mean...I love you too..." I laid back next to him and stared up at the ceiling as he did.

"Man I wonder why it's so hard to say those words." Gojo sighed

"Who knows..."

"You think you'll marry me?"

"Woah, calm down one step at time here." I chuckled.

"If we ever did get married I wanna have a kid with you, Rex needs a brother or sister."

"If Rex had a little sister he would be the most protective older brother out there." I laughed.

"What if she brings a boy home?"

"Rex would never leave the room." 

"Ooo we should name her, like a cool name, so when she become a sorcerer she sound like she's real powerful." 

"She probably will be powerful considering she'll be our kid."

I paused realizing what I had said, I felt my cheeks warm up.

"Our kid?" Gojo turned his head to face me.