Chapter Nine: The Past awakes

"Y/n...Do you want be to be with you?" 

Do I...want him to be with me? What kind of Question is that? Is he asking for acceptance? or if it's ok with me, is he asking if I like him? 

This one questions holds more questions within itself, but what's answer? I looked at Rex eager to know the answer, I felt I was being held at gun point, My son is expecting an answer I feel I'm not ready to say aloud, But I don't know what he is thinking, Gojo...what do you want me to say? 

"Mommy, what's wrong?" I heard Rex ask, I looked at him to see he had a worried look an his face. 

"Nothing's Wrong with mommy, I'm just thinking which answer to pick." I answered. 

"Oh, can I help you?" Rex asked.

"No I think I know my answer now." I Replied. 

"What would that be?" Gojo asked. 

"Umm...Yes." 

"Let's get going then." Gojo said with a smile as he turned to face the front, I did also and sat there repeating in my head what I had said. I had said yes, I accepted these feelings...Right? 

But does that mean we're together now? I suddenly felt something grab my hand, I looked down to see it was Gojo's Hand. "Don't over think it." He said softly. I looked up at his face to see he was looking at me with a smile. 

"Umm...Right." I agreed looking away.

 . . .

We had spent the whole day, around town laughing hand having a good time. I stood at my front door with Rex in my arms sound asleep, Gojo standing across from me. 

"Well...I had a good time with you." I whispered to Gojo. 

"I did too, but there's one more thing to tie things together." He whispered back.

"What, did you get something for me, because you didn't have to do that." I whispered looking around. 

"I did." He answered.

"No, you didn't have to do that." I whisper panicked.

"Shh...Once you've figured out what it is, I think you'll want it." He whispered gently gabbing my chin and pulling my face closer to his. I felt my eyes widen a little, my heart started to race.

He wasn't going to...was he? 

But he did...He kissed me...His lips where touching mine. I honestly thought it was my first kiss all over again just ten times better. 

"What do you think? Did you want it?" He whispered pulling away. 

"I...can't really give it back if I didn't anyways." I mumbled. He chuckled a little and let go of my chin, standing straight up again. 

"Goodnight Y/n." He whispered. "Tell Rex I said goodnight also." 

"Goodnight." I whisper hollered as he walked down the few steps toward his car. He waved goodbye and I watched him drive off out of sight. I smiled to myself before going inside to the dark house. I laid Rex down in his bed and then changed my clothes and got into my own falling into dream land as soon as I fell asleep. 

 .  .  .

"I needed you, and you went and cheated on me with her!"

"That's because all you do is cry and act like a coward, never once do you dry up them damn tears to get better look at things did you! You think because you went through some trauma you need cradled like a baby  24/7 . Not everyone stands by that bull shit!" 

"It's not just some trauma...It's not like you were ever there to begin with." 

"So now your being a greedy bitch, and lying about what I did! I was there more than you think, staying up with you all night, dropping everything just to take care of a weakling like you!" 

"But you cheated on me, it shows how much you really care!" 

"I did care, but I got tired of the shit you pulled! whining about your past! you can't change it, I was looking for someone who I could lean on too. But all I got was someone who can't even walk on their own."

Is that what you think of me? Those eyes where filled with rage, but they looked no different than what I looked at everyday. Where you always so angry with me? This angry.

"Go find someone who wants to take care of your shit." He stated before slamming the door shut leaving me alone to fall apart. 

"I'm sorry...I tried to be there for you...didn't you see that...that I was trying." I cried as I placed my forehead to the floor, I bowed in shame and sorrow. Who would've thought I would be given I life like this...and now I have to raise I child alone...me the weak coward has to raise a kid alone. 

I guess it was a good thing I never told you about the child, could you imagine the hell we would have to live through to raise that child? 

 . . .

I shot up in bed panting and sweating, along with that I felt tears running down my cheeks. "Mommy are you ok? I heard you screaming and crying...I thought I should check on you." I heard Rex's small voice from the doorway. 

"Oh Dear, Rex Mommy just had a bad dream." I said realizing he was there. "Here come here, mommy wants to sit with you." He raced over without a moments notice and hopped on the bed. He hug me the best he could, It brought a smile to my lips.

"Mommy always hugs me when I have a bad dream, so I'll hug mommy." Rex said stubbornly. "Do you want to talk about it? Mommy asks that too." 

"No, no this is fine sweetheart." I said rubbing his small back. I wiped the tears that had already fallen before my own child took notice. Out of all the days this could happen, why did it have to be this day? Why did you have to come from my past and remind me what you did, what I had gotten into? Was is a sign? A sign to be cautious?