Chapter Twelve: Family Dinner

We all walked through the forest, Gojo had refused to warp us back so we had to walk. 

"So Y/n, how did you turn into all that?" Fushiguro Asked. 

"My cursed technique I have, it changes the way I look for a month or two every time I use it." I explained as we all walked. I looked down at my aching feet, I had to walk through the forest in heels and a white dress. 

"How powerful is this whole thing?" Fushiguro. 

"Powerful. It's called Gold Goddess, passed down from my original family line. I learned about it when I was a second year at jujutsu, I don't use it unless I really need to." I explained. 

 . . .  

We all made it back to the school and went our separate ways, I headed toward my office to change my clothes. I stepped into my office closing the door behind me I walked over to where I kept my extra uniform. I quickly changed my clothes and took out the hair pieces. I opened the door to see Gojo standing right there.

"Gojo, something you need?" I asked looking up at him. 

"Nope, just wanted to see you." He beamed. 

"You just spent three hours walking through the woods with me." I sighed as I walked out of the office.

"Mmm...Not alone, we were with the students." He added. 

"Alone, why do you need to be alone with me?" I asked blindly.

"A lot of things, could answer why I need to be alone with you."

" Well I want to get home now, I have to cook dinner." I said as I walked down the hall with him following. 

"I can make dinner." 

"I can make dinner too, I do it everyday." 

"Yeah, but I can make dinner for both of you. How about it, plus I'm Rex's father now."

I stopped, and turned to face him, "Look, you can cook dinner this one time, mainly because I don't feel like doing it and Rex would probably enjoy it." I explained.

"Nothing else, maybe I should stay the night too." Gojo added.

"No, no, no, no staying the night, I'm not ready for that." I sternly stated. 

"I'll sleep on the couch." He tried to convince me.

"No, one child is enough, I don't need two." 

"Me, a child. I'm hurt." He faked pouted. 

 "Just dinner that's it." I said stubbornly. 

"Fine then." Gojo sighed. 

 . . .

We made had finally made it home with Rex and Gojo joined. I unlocked the front door and walked inside. 

"This is your place?" Gojo asked. 

"Problem?" I asked sharply. 

"No, no looks nice." He said. 

"Ok, Rex go play with your toys, me and Gojo gotta make dinner." I said kindly to Rex as I set him down on the floor. 

"Ok, Mommy." Rex ran down the hall to his room. I walked over to the kitchen with Gojo following. 

"Watch ya got in here?" I heard Gojo asked, I looked over to see he had the fridge open. 

"Food that needs to stay cold, anyways, Rex has a bedtime so we need to get started." I said. 

"Nope, you go sit down, I'll take care of it." Gojo said closing the fridge.

"You don't know where anything is." I protested, honestly I was worried if Gojo knew how to cook or not. 

"I'll find what I need." Gojo gave me a smirk and nudged me out of the kitchen.  

I waited patiently playing with my son while I waited. I could smell the food, and it smelt good.

"Y/n, Rex!" I heard Gojo yell. I felt a nervous feeling grow in my stomach, I couldn't really explain why I felt this way. I got up and carried Rex to the kitchen. 

I walked in and saw Gojo with rosy cheeks as he set the plates on the table. 

"Gojo, you didn't have to make something like this." I had realized the wonderful looking meal before us. 

"I wanted to." He smiled. 

"Oooo, look, look, look." Rex cheered as he pointed to the food. 

Gojo took a seat, and I set Rex in his high-chair. I sat down next to Gojo and looked down at the food, it was something I never thought Gojo would be able to cook. 

"What do you think?" Gojo asked. I turned my head and looked over at him, his cheeks were pink and he had a big smile as he waited for my answer. 

"I-I I haven't tried it yet so I don't know...but it looks good." I answered nervously. 

 . . .

We all ate dinner and it turned out to be as good as it looked, We talked and had a good time while Rex told his little stories that made no sense at all but still made us laugh. 

"Here I'll clean up, since you cooked." I said getting up and taking everyone's plates.

"I'll help you." Gojo said getting up, "I'll start and you can take Rex to his room and come back." He took the plates out of my grasp and walked into the kitchen before I could give an answer. 

I did as he said and took Rex to his room to play and then went back into the kitchen to help.

"You know I can clean up." I said once more as I walked up and began to dry dishes.

"I can clean up too, and we can clean together." He answered chuckling a little. I sighed  and continued to dry dishes and put them away. 

"Gojo could I ask you something?" I suddenly asked. 

"Yeah, what is it?" He asked still focused on the dishes.

"Your not, helping me out to feel better about yourself...because I'm a single mom and all that?" I asked him, It was something that I needed to ask, what if this was all for him to feel like he did something, that he would just leave me once he's tired of it all. 

"Why do you ask that? Do you think I'm not enjoying being around you?" He asked as he finished the dishes. 

"No...that's not it. It's just in the past that's how things went with other people, and I'm just being cautious that's all." 

"I understand that, but you didn't answer my question."

"I-I don't know if your enjoying my company, you seem to enjoy everything so I can't really tell."

"Mmm...Well I'm not doing this because I feel bad or want to feel better with myself, I made an effort to talk to you, and meet your son because I enjoyed being around you, and being apart of your life. I'm doing this because I...I..." He was now inches away from my face, what did he want to say, what was it?

"You what?" I asked him.