Chapter Five: Mom's work

"Rex dear put your shoes on!" I hollered from my room. In the middle of the night the babysitter had informed me that she couldn't have Rex, so now I had to bring him to work.

"I did mommy!" He hollered back.

"Ok, do you have your toys!?"

"Yeah, I bring my cars!"

"Ok will that be enough!?"

"Yup!"

I walked out into the living room to see Rex all ready to go, "Alright ready?"

"Yup, I want to see mommy's work!" He giggled, I picked him up and walked out the front door locking the door behind me.

. . .

I open the car door and unbuckled Rex. He held my hand tight as we walked up to the building. I was hoping and preying Gojo wasn't here yet, he normally would get to work till noon.

"Y/n, I see you brought the little one." I Heard a mans voice say, I looked to see Nanami walking toward us. Rex hid behind my leg almost right away. I placed a hand on his head.

"Yeah, the babysitter was busy today and the rest of the week, so the little guy will have to come with me to work."

"So no missions for you I'm guessing?"

"Yup Unless they really need me."

"Well did you and Gojo look through that file I gave you?"

"Oh no He was busy with paperwork and things like that so we'll go over it today maybe if I have time after all the meetings today."

"Right, well take care." Nanami finished before walking away.

"Hey, It's ok little guy, he won't hurt you he's mommy's friend." I said sweetly to Rex. "Anyways let's go to mommy's office you can play with your toys there."

We walked to my office and I unlocked the door. I walked in, "Hey Y/n who's the little guy!?" I heard a voice I wasn't expecting to here till noon say. Rex looked over and right away hid behind me and held tight onto my pants leg. I looked over to see Gojo wave at me with a smile. Rex seemed a lot more scared of Gojo, probably because of the blindfold.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I had to come in early to do a mission, But I didn't know you were bring this little guy today. Is this your little guy?" Gojo Crouched down and smiled at Rex, "Hey what's your name?"

"R-Rex." Rex shyly spoke.

"Well, my names Gojo. It's nice to meet you Rex."

"Gojo? That's a weird name."

"I think it's a little different to, but that's what makes me cool." Gojo Chuckled.

"Cool?"

"Yup, like a superhero."

"You got's powers?"

"Yup all kinds."

"Ooo, Mommy! mommy! He's got's powers did you know that!" Rex beamed. I smiled and nodded my head up and down. What I was looking at was something I had always wanted. Someone to take the role of father for Rex, but what was I thinking, I couldn't have another breakup my heart can't go through it once again.

"Will you look at the time, come sweetheart we have to go to a meeting." I said picking him up.

"I can, take him. I mean I'm sure you wouldn't want to have to worry about a kid and the meeting at the same time. Plus them meetings are boring for kids like Rex." Gojo offered as he stood up.

"No...it's fine I have everything taken care of."

"Come on you can trust me with him."

"Mommy, can I, I wanna see his powers!" Rex beamed.

"I..." I looked at the two of them, they both looked at me with a pleading look, "Fine this one time, because I need to focus on the meetings." I felt defeated, but Rex looked happy to be with Gojo, maybe because Gojo was a child himself. Gojo took him from me and ruffled Rex's hair.

"Well, we'll be off good luck on your meetings. I'll be with this little guy."

"Don't do anything stupid please, at least not with Rex." I added.

"No prob I don't do stupid things anyways." Gojo waved goodbye as he walked away with Rex who was waving goodbye also. I cracked a small smile as I watched them walk away. I looked at the time and realized I needed to get to the meeting.

I walked down the halls carrying the needed files for the meeting, I opened the door to the meeting room and walked over to the table and took a seat.

. . .Gojo's POV. . .

I walked out to the court yard with Rex, I set him down on the ground and crouched down, "Can I see the powers, please please!" He begged, He was cute, he had Hair like Y/n's, but the eyes weren't hers, no someone else's.

"Yup give me a sec!" I beamed, "But you gotta promise me not to tell your mommy, it'll be our secret. Kay"

"Kay." The boy was ecstatic, and it was the cutest thing ever. I held up my hand

"Here try to touch it." I said, The boy reached his hand out toward mine.

"It stopped, oh woah, wait can I try something?" Rex asked as he pulled his hand away.

"Sure, but what would it be?"

"You'll see." He got up and looked around on the ground, picking up something after a few seconds. It was a rock, he threw the rock toward me with all his might, I slowed the rock down till it froze in mid air at eye level. "Woah, cool I wanna do it!"

"You can't do it yet. You'll have to grow up and come here for school. And I'll teach how to do it." I chuckled.

"Aww but, it takes forever to grow up, and I wanna know who to do it now." Rex whined.

"Hey it's ok little guy, not that long, I'll wait and wait to teach got it, so you gotta get strong for me Kay."

"Yup. I'm gonna become a superhero like Gojo!" I smiled as the little boy ran around with his fist in the air.