Turbulent

drrmack is

"Why?" Your now ex mother in-law asked you.
"Because I'm just not ready for marriage," you lied to her knowing the bad truth that was bottled up inside of you.
You felt weak whenever you heard his name or saw his face. You played with the engagement ring he gave you a couple months ago. You couldn't help but feel anger towards him.
"You really think I'm dumb?" Your in law said.
"No ma'am," you said while trying to do your work. You were an upcoming heart surgeon while being a professor at the local university.
"Well, if you insist, I made you dinner if your hungry," she says while walking away.
"Thanks ma," you said and continued to your studies.
You studied for four hours and ate dinner until you heard the front door open.
"Hey ma?" You heard a familiar voice of your ex fiancé say. Simon. Simon Dominic.
He came around the corner and saw you face to face.
You quickly got up and tried to leave.
"Kisha," he says grabbing your wrist.
"Simon let me go," you said removing his hand from your wrist.
"Can we just talk?" Simon sounded out of desperation.
"Why don't you talk to Jane? Since you love her more than me," you say while being trapped in his arms.
"I don't love her anymore ," Simon said.
"I can't believe you Simon, get out my face. If you don't love her delete her out of your phone," you said.
He looked hesitant for a minute and didn't say anything.
"Goodbye Simon, out of my life," you said and walked off.

A couple days later:

"So you did it?" Your friend Chloe asked.
"I had to," You said while toying with the ring Simon gave you eight months ago.
"You didn't love him, did you?" Chloe asked in a demanding voice.
You did, is what you wanted to say. But how? How could you love a person who did all those horrible things to other people? And he kept so many secrets from you.
"Chloe, I have to go I gotta go teach a class," You said as you got up and she did to.
"That's fine, just don't get hurt," she said while leaving.

You sat there in the classroom taking notes from a meeting that you were attending.
"Now, we have a new member to this college who donated a lot of computers to the school, please welcome Simon Jung," your boss said.
Your heart immediately dropped when you heard that name.
You knew Simon had a lot of power and could do anything he pleased and wanted. Why? Because of money, a deadly sin that came over him.
He looked at you for a minute and smirked.
You looked away and felt sick.
As soon as the meeting was over you tried rushing out the doors until your boss said something.
"Kisha, I would like you to meet Mr. Jung," your boss said while bringing Simon aside.
"Kisha I would like to go get lunch with you," Simon said.
Not wanting to disappoint your boss you had to agree to it.

"How have you been, Kisha?" Simon said while tapping his finger on the table. You were in a more private room for VIP room. You remembered this room where he would have business meetings and he would bring you along.
"I've been fine until you came back," You said with a sarcastic smile.
He just sighed and you could tell he was frustrated.
"Look we need to talk, and it's pissing me off even more if we don't talk," Simon said gritting his teeth a little.
"The only reason why I broke off our engagement is because your a fucking asshole when it comes to money and thinking money buys you happiness. Simon I knew what was going on while you was out late, you were in the mafia and didn't tell me! Why Simon why?" You snapped on him and his face soften a little.
"You wanna know why I did that?" He said while grabbing your hand which you didn't snatch away from.
"It's because I wanted money, power, respect. And I worked my ass off to get to the top. Up when I was a teenager until now. I can't fall off I just can't," Simon said while his voice cracking.
"So money power and respect made you act like a complete asshole? Simon really?" You said shaming him.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Kisha, I really am," Simon apologized. He sounded desperate and telling the truth.
"I think it's time for me to go," you said.
You got up and so did Simon.
"I love you Kisha," he said while lifting your chin with his fingers while kissing you. His soft soft lips felt so good against yours. You kissed back and then pulled away.
"I love you too, Simon. I'll get back with you one day," you said.
"I'll wait, even if  it's a thousand years from now," Simon said with a smile.
"Simon, can we just take it slow?" You asked.
"Yes," he said while smiling.
"I can't wait to get married again and this time I'll understand you and not break off the engagement," you smiled. You both hugged each other feeling the warmth between each other.