Chapter 7

The plane ride to Germany was a filled with anxiety. Peter had never been on a plane before and quickly decided that he would never get on one again. Tony was nervous because of the upcoming fight. He didn't want to fight Steve, but he needed to make him see reason and if this was the way, then so be it. Lucas was worried for his father and confused on how Peter was supposed to help bring in two super soldiers and a veteran with wings.

The two teenage boys decided to distract themselves by playing Uno. Tony had to stop the game after Lucas was forced to draw 12 cards. "Alright. Let's stop this before Lucas chokes the life out of you, Peter." After that, the boys discussed how Peter got his powers.

"Do you remember that field trip to Oscorp?" He asked Lucas. Said boy nodded. "Well, there were these spiders that they were apparently experimenting on and were supposedly radioactive."

Lucas' eyes widened and he laughed. "Dude! This is something straight out of a comic book! That's crazy!" Peter joined in with the laughter and Tony smiled from where he sat on the private plane.

"I felt something bite my neck but didn't really think anything of it until the next morning when my toothbrush stuck to my hand and I could see without my glasses." The web slinger explained as the laughter died down. Lucas suddenly thought back to the day after the field trip. Peter did seem out of it that day.

"I think I remember you acting weird that day. Gwen thought you were high or something." Peter snorted. As if he would do any type of drugs. May would kill him.

"So, why did you decide to become a crime fighter?" Lucas wondered. From where he sat, Tony wondered the same thing. Peter had given him an answer back at the apartment, but he had a feeling it wasn't the complete truth.

Peter's countenance changed immediately. He looked down at his fidgeting hands and took a deep breath. Lucas noticed that the question affected him and quickly shook his head. "I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that." Peter shook his head and smiled sadly.

"No, it's okay. Um... I figured why not help others, right? I mean, the Avengers were stopping alien invasions and evil robots, but what about the bank robbers and thieves and guys who don't understand that no means no? Somebody's gotta look out for the little people," He said passionately before his eyes widened, "I-I mean, not that the Avengers don't look out for the little people, it's just-"

"I get it, Pete." Lucas cut him off, "I think it's pretty admirable of you. And brave. Not everyone would be willing to do something like that." He praised his friend. Peter smiled bashfully at him before continuing his story of becoming Queens' new hero.

"So, I made myself a suit and used the chem lab at school to make the webs and started going out at night helping people. After a few days, my Uncle Ben had started to notice that I was acting weird and skipping out on family stuff to patrol and we got into a argument. I got mad and stormed out the house.

"Lila tried to follow me, but I yelled at her too. I thought that if I went on patrol, I would cool off and go back later to apologize." Peter's breathe picked up but he kept going. He had held this in for 6 months and eventually needed to get it out. What better way than to tell one of your best friends?

"Um, I was scanning the street from the top of a building when I heard yelling. People were running away from a drug store, there was a man with a gun. He had it pointed at Ben. He and Lila went to buy snacks or groceries or something, I guess and-and it was a wrong-place-wrong-time kinda thing. The man..."

Peter took a deep breath and Lucas didn't need him to finish the sentence. The man shot Ben and Lila, killing Peter's uncle and severely wounding his sister. "You don't have to keep going." Lucas said softly.