Chapter 10

Trigger warning: anxiety attack. If this triggers you in any way please skip. I'll put markers to note the beginning and end of it. <3

The Parker Family sat at a table at Prachya Thai eating dinner. It was relatively small and no one was really there. Lila and May talked about school, the decathlon, and just random things. Peter seemed distracted.

After stopping that robbery earlier, he was worried about the tech that those guys had. It didn't look like something Tony Stark would make, but it was definitely strange. Peter hoped he was able to figure it out before someone got hurt. He really hoped Happy forwarded his message to Mr. Stark. He was brought out of his thoughts when May started talking to him.

"What's the matter? Thought you loved larb," she pointed to his plate where he barely ate and moved the food around, "It's too larby? Not larby enough. How many times do I have to say "larb" for you to look at me? You know I larb you." May joked. Lila snickered as she took a bite of her noodles.

Peter shook his head and finally looked up. "I'm just stressed. The internship and I'm tired. A lot of work." Lila frowned at him in concern. Peter noticed and shook his head again. "I'm fine, Li. I'll probably feel better when I wake up in the morning."

"You can tell me anything. You know that right? Whatever's bothering you, maybe I can take your mind off of it." Peter smiled at his sister and nodded his head. "I might take you up on that." Lila beamed at her twin. He was finally willing to open up to her.

"The Stark Internship." May spoke up, "I have to tell you, not a fan of that Tony Stark. Distracted all the time..." she trailed off. Peter felt guilty that he was worrying her. That's the opposite of what he wanted.
"He's got you in your head. Not to mention he's barely around for Lucas. That poor boy." The older Parker shook her head in disappointment at Tony's fathering skills.

The twins shared a look as May continued to ramble on. Tony may have been busy a lot of the time, but he does love Lucas. He just had superhero stuff to do. Lucas did say he was trying and that's a good thing right?

The tv on the wall behind May showed a news report of the events of the day, catching Peter's attention. "The beloved Queens institution, Delmar's Sandwiches, was destroyed earlier tonight after an ATM robbery was thwarted by Queens' own colorful local crime-stopper the Spider-Man." The news anchor announced, "As the Spider-Man attempted to foil their heist, a powerful blast was set off, slicing through the bodega across the street. Miraculously, no one was harmed."

May turned to her kids and gave them a stern look. "If you spot something like that happening, you turn and run the other way." She wouldn't be able to handle one of them getting hurt again or dying. Ben's death nearly killed her.

Lila and Peter nodded their heads. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah. Of course." Peter stuttered nervously. That advice would've been useful a couple of hours ago. Not that Peter would listen to it anyway. "I hope Mr. Delmar is okay." Lila wondered. She liked Mr. Delmar. He made the best sandwiches and was teaching Lila how to speak Spanish.

"Six blocks away from us..."

"I need a new back pack." Peter blurted.

May looked up at him in disbelief and put a finger to her ear as if asking if she heard correctly. "What?"

"I need a new backpack." He repeated.

"That's five, Pete." Lila said astonished. Peter went through book bags like it was nothing. She didn't understand how.

The waiter suddenly walked up to the table with desert in his hands. He placed it in front of May and gave her a smile. "Sticky rice pudding." He informed.