Chapter 21

Twenty minutes after the man appeared on their phones, parents called and ordered everyone to come home. Harry offered to walk Gwen home and Ned's mother picked him up.

May was at the hospital, still on shift, so Pepper had Peter and Lila stay with them for the time being. Tony had gone out in his Iron Man suit to help those who were injured and hopefully find out who the man was in the video.

Right now, Lucas and Lila were trying to convince Peter not to go on patrol. "Peter, when a crazy guy calls you out to 'chat', you don't go! That's like suicide!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Guys, he did all of this because he wanted to get my attention! Well, he has it! Maybe if I talk to him, I can figure what he wants and then put him in jail."

Peter couldn't help but feel a little guilty. He knows he isn't responsible for the bombings but that guy said it himself, he wanted to get Spider-Man's attention. Part of him felt like it was his fault.

Lila sighed and rubbed her forehead. "At least let us be on the phone or something while you're out there." Peter nodded.

"Sure. I'll call Ned too. His laptop is connected to Karen." At Lila's confused expression, he elaborated. "The AI in my suit."

Lucas snorted. "You named the AI Karen? Why?" Peter's face began to flush and he rubbed the back of his neck. "You know.... Karen, from SpongeBob."

"Wait... Plankton's computer wife? That's who you named it after?" Lila laughed as Lucas shook his head with a smirk. "I think it's genius." He said. "But moving on, we can use my dad's computer in his office and get on comms."

The three made their way to Tony's office and Lucas made himself comfortable in the chair at his desk. The twins crowded around him and watched as Lucas logged in.

"How do you know his password?" Lila asked as Lucas clicked on a blue icon. "It's my birthday." The Stark boy scoffed. "You'd think he'd use a better password, being a tech genius and all. Somebody could easily get into his database."

As he worked, Peter looked around his mentor's office. It was surprisingly clean. The walls were decorated with minimalistic paintings and a few family photos. Peter could easily recognize a young Lucas in most of them. There was a photo of Tony, Pepper, Happy Hogan, and Colonel Rhodes smiling at a young Lucas, who couldn't have been more than 5 years old.

They were all wearing party hats and there was birthday cake smeared across Lucas' face. To the left of the photo was one of a woman who Peter didn't recognize. She was beautiful, with brown hair and for brown eyes. She was smiling and there was a blush across her cheeks.

Peter had been staring and wondering who the woman was that he didn't realize Lucas was finished on the computer until his voice softly spoke. "That's my mom."

Lila looked at the photo they were staring and her eyes softened. "She's beautiful." Lucas barely nodded as he continued to stare at the picture. "I didn't know he still had that picture."

"You look just like her." Peter said softly with a small smile. Lucas gave a small one back before clearing his throat. "Um, I connected the computer to your suit so we should be able see and hear what you see and hear and also communicate with you."

Peter nodded and headed to Lucas' room to change into his suit. As he did so, Lila sat on the desk to face Lucas. His face still looked somber as he occasionally looked back at the photo of his mother. To lighten the mood, she nudged his hand with hers.

"You know, I expected your dad's office to be a lot messier than this."

"It's because he barely uses it. You should see his lab Upstate. It is horrendous. It's his kind of mess, though. Dad weirdly knows where everything is 'cause he strategically placed them there."