Chapter 18

It's been three months since the Homecoming fiasco and things couldn't have been better for Peter. It took a while for it to get that way, though.

May found out about Peter's adventures as Spider-Man. Needless to say, she was furious. Peter couldn't even sneak out of his window to fight crime because May was watching him like a hawk.

Peter and Lila had to sit her down and explain everything, and it took two weeks for her to understand and let Peter go out at nights. Hearing that Ben was the reason made her give in, as long as Peter let her help him when he was hurt.

Now, it was December and Christmas was right around the corner.

Peter was currently sat in Lucas' living room with his friends. They decided to have a Christmas movie marathon with hot chocolate and matching pajamas (you can thank Gwen for that). Peter felt like he was back in kindergarten having a class Christmas party.

Gwen picked out everyone's outfits, with the boys wearing matching reindeer onesies and the girls with  matching elf onesies. Harry was against the idea but Lucas bribed him with money.

Michelle, or MJ as she goes by, who was a new addition to the group, even bought elf hats for the girls to wear. Lila took pictures with her and Gwen and even convinced the boys to do an impromptu catwalk for them.

As The Polar Express played on the screen, Lila noticed MJ sneaking glances at her brother and a mischievous smile graced her face. Nudging Gwen, she nodded towards the curly haired girl as she once again stared at Peter out of the corner of her eye.

Smirking, Gwen stood and grabbed Lila's arm. "Hey, MJ, do you mind helping Lila and me with the hot chocolates?"

Breaking her stare and hoping no one saw, MJ nodded and followed them into the kitchen. Lila grabbed seven cups and set them out as Gwen turned on the stove to heat up the milk.

"So, MJ," Gwen started, "since we've adopted you into our group, I thought we should get to know one another outside of school and decathlon. What's your favorite color?"

"Um, burgundy."

"Ooh, that's a pretty color. Mine's baby blue. Lila? Favorite color?"

"I like jade green. So, MJ, are the boys treating you nicely? They can get rowdy sometimes and Lucas and Harry have no filters on their mouths, I don't want you to be offended if they say something outrageous."

Shaking her head, MJ leaned on the counter and opened the box of hot chocolate packets. "No, no, they've been nice. They're all sweet, even Harry, surprisingly."

The girls snickered before Gwen cleared her throat. "And... Peter is nice to you? He's a little awkward and introverted, some days he doesn't even speak. Don't think he's ignoring you, though. It took me half a school year to get him to speak more than 5 words to me."

"Oh, no! He-he's nice. We have conversations... he's nice." MJ said bashfully as she hid her face by looking down. Lila and Gwen smiled and secretly high fived.

"That's great!" Lila exclaimed. "You know, I noticed the way you look at him earlier. I think you guys would be so cute!"

Eyes widening, MJ shook her head. "Oh, I-I don't like him like that! He just had some-something on his face. Yeah, a crumb or something, I don't know. But, I don't like him!"

"Sure you don't, hon." Gwen snorted. "Don't worry, we won't tell, but if you don't want the world to know, be more discrete."

"Yeah..."

                                    🪴🪴🪴
Movie night quickly became a dance party. Lucas brought out his old Wii and they played the Michael Jackson: The Experience dance game.

Splitting into teams, which consisted of Harry and Ned, Gwen and Lucas, and Peter and MJ (Lila opted to play judge since they had an uneven number), they took turns to see who was the best team.

After a beautiful rendition of Dirty Diana by Ned and Harry, it was now Gwen and Lucas' turn. As he handed his remote to Lucas, Harry huffed and took a sip of water.

"I'm still mad I had to be Diana." He grumbled.

"You were Diana because you threw a marshmallow at me earlier and it got stuck in my hair." Gwen informed. Harry rolled his eyes.

"That was an hour ago, Gwen. Move on."

"This is why you were Diana." Lucas laughed before facing the tv screen. "Gwen, pick something easy. I nearly passed out doing Billie Jean."

"I think that's because you're just out of shape, Tuts." Lila laughed. Lucas turned to her with an offended look and a hand on his chest.

"Rude."

Lila shrugged and watched as Gwen clicked a song. Lucas turned as he heard the music and groaned.

"I said something easy, Gwen! Ghost is the hardest one!"

"Suck it up, Stark! I'm here to win."

Lucas groaned. "Why did I agree to be on your team?"

"Because you love me and I'm your bestest friend in the whole wide world?" Gwen retorted.

"I doubt that's it." Harry snorted.

"Quiet, Osborn, or I will throw this remote at your face."

Harry was quiet for the rest of their turn.

                                      🪴🪴🪴
Durning Peter and MJ's turn (they chose Smooth Criminal), Tony came home to their friends cheering them on. Surprisingly, the two were really good dancers.

Noticing him out of the corner of his eye, Peter blindly waved at the man. "Hey, Mr. Stark!"

The other teens waved at him and said their hellos before focusing on the game.

"Uh, hey." Tony greeted as he took his glasses off and threw them lazily on the counter. "I thought you were having a movie night."

"Yeah, but this is more fun." Lucas told him.

As Peter and MJ did their final pose, Lila clapped and wrote down their score. Clearing her throat, she stood to her feet. "Ladies, gentlemen, and Harry," said boy rolled his eyes playfully, "after adding up the scores for the three rounds, I will now announce our third place winner. Drum roll, please, FRIDAY."

A drum sounded from the speakers in the ceiling. "Third place is... Ned and Harry! Ned, I thought you did amazing, but there weren't enough points on the last song. Harry, you did good up until then."

Scoffing, the Osborn boy shook his head. "I'm sorry my knees can't bend like hers." He said sarcastically. Ned patted him on the back and laughed. "I had fun watching you try, so I'm cool with third."

"Second place goes to... Lucas and Gwen! Meaning, Peter and MJ won!"

Everyone cheered as the two bowed dramatically. "Thank you, thank you." MJ said. "I will be rubbing this in all of your faces for the rest of our lives."

Tony smiled at the kids having fun. They deserved a break everyone in a while, from school, home life, superhero stuff. For as long as he'd known Harry, he didn't think he'd ever seen him smile as much as he was right now.

He hoped things would stay the way they were.

AUTHORS NOTE
Look at me updating earlier than I said!

Tom Holland being a trained ballet dancer is super attractive to me and idk why lol

Not a lot of people voted on the question but majority picked MJ, so Spideychelle it is! (I think that's their ship name)

Thank you for reading!

Also expect more Harry and Gwen cause I completely forgot about them during the homecoming stuff lol