Chapter 15

The next day, Lila returned to school. She, Lucas, Ned, and Peter were walking the hall listening to the cringeworthy morning news about the decathlon teams near death experience. A clip was playing where Jason interviewed Abe, Charles, and Mr. Harrington. Their over-exaggerated stories of what happened made Lila snort.

The next segment was about Spider-Man's heroics on the same day. Peter couldn't lose his smile as he walked through the hallways. Lucas, who had his arm around Lila's shoulders, leaned into her and whispered, "This is totally going to his head." Lila smiled and shook her head.

"Let him have it for now. If he gets cocky, we'll remind him of his bedwetting tendencies when he was little." Peter scoffed and turned to them.

"First of all," he said, "I can hear you. Secondly, I thought we weren't bringing that up!" 

Lila and Lucas laughed as Ned ran up to them. 

"Dude, dude, dude. What's it like being famous when nobody knows it's you?"

"Crazy, dude." Peter smiled.

"It's crazy." Ned said. "Should we tell everyone?"

"No!" The trio of brunettes shouted.

"Should I tell everyone?" He asked.

No, Ned. That's horrible idea." Lucas said, frowning at his friend for the question.

"Okay. Well, We've gotta get to class, come on." They began to walk to first period but Peter's voice stopped them. 

"I'm not going to class."

Lila turned to him with a frown on her face. "You're already in so much trouble for ditching the decathlon. This is going to make things worse, Peter."

"Listen, I figured it out. The winged suit guy is stealing from Damage Control. And what he takes from Damage Control, that's how he builds his weapons. So, all I gotta do is catch him."

"But, we have a Spanish quiz." Ned tried to reason.

"Ned, I'm probably never gonna come back here. Mr. Stark is moving the Avengers upstate, so when I bring this guy in-" 

Lucas rolled his eyes. His dad was not going to let Peter join the Avengers. He at least hoped he wasn't. Peter was 15 years old. He didn't need to off saving the world instead of going to school.

"Do you really want to be a high school dropout, dude?" He asked.

"I am so far beyond high school right now."

As Peter tired to walk the opposite direction of the classrooms, Principal Morita caught him. "Parker, my office." He demanded.

Peter sighed and followed the man.

Lucas shook his head at Peter before walking to class. "It so went to his head."

"Ya think?" Lila scoffed.

During second period, Lila was called to the principal's office. Her first thought was that someone blamed something on her and she became upset, then she though that it was probably about Peter. 

She sat in the chair across from Morita, rubbing her slightly sweaty hands on her thighs. 

"Lila, Peter has skipped detention and is no longer in the building. Do you have any idea where he could've gone?" The principal said.

Lila's eyebrows rose. She knew Peter had intentions of skipping school earlier that morning, but she didn't think he'd actually leave. She then shook her head. He was making things worse for himself.