Chapter 16

Over the next two weeks, things had calmed down. Peter went to his detentions and was getting himself back on track. Lila had been roped into helping Gwen find her Homecoming dress, the blonde was going by herself because "boys are stupid." Gwen also brought her along to buy Lila's dress even though Lila didn't want to go.

Now that her leg was messed up, Lila couldn't really dance and that would ruin the whole mood. Lucas had asked her to the dance on Monday but she explained her dilemma. He completely understood and the two decided they would just watch movies at his house. So now, Lila had a beautiful blue dress, the same icy blue as her eyes. Gwen bought it for her in case Lila randomly decided she was going to make an appearance.

Harry was going with some cheerleader, and Ned and Michelle were going as friends.

As the week dragged on, it was finally Friday. Lila and Peter were on they're way home. Peter told her that he finally asked Liz to the dance and she said yes. Lila was happy that Peter had something good going for him, the last few weeks being rough for him. As they reached their apartment door, Peter hurriedly unlocked the door and ran inside, sliding against the floor with how fast he was going. May was in the living room picking a book from the shelf and jumped as she heard the commotion.

"May," Peter said urgently, "I need your help."

For the next couple of hours, Lila watched, thoroughly amused, as May taught Peter how to tie a tie, dance, and somehow conjured up a corsage. The little family then got in the car and drove off into the night. Lila was dropped off first, then May was dropping Peter off at Liz's. She wished her brother luck, then walked into Lucas's apartment building.

Every time she was there, Lila was always in awe of how nice the building was. She guessed that's what it was like to be rich.

Lucas opened the door five seconds after she knocked and smiled when he saw her. "Hey, Sweets."

"Hey, tuts."

When she entered the apartment, she saw the sweetest scene. The living room was completely transformed for the night. There were blankets and pillows placed on the floor to make a pallet. There were bowls of her favorite snacks on the coffee table and a stack of DVDs of her favorite movies.

Lila turned to Lucas, who had a nervous smile on his face. "You did all this for me?"

Lucas nodded. "You like? I didn't want to go too overboard. I have Hercules, Shutter Island, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape for us to watch. I made tortellini Alfredo since I know it's one of your favorite meals."

Lila couldn't have smiled any wider. She kissed Lucas sweetly before walking over to the tv. "This is perfect, Lucas. I love it. Now, we should start with Shutter Island."

Lucas let out a sigh of relief. He wasn't sure if she'd like it. He had raced home from school and FaceTimed Pepper to help him set everything up and teach him how to cook tortellini, because he had no clue and his dad would burn the building down if he helped.

He went to the kitchen and made their plates while Lila started the movie. They cuddled up next to each other and ate as Lila questioned why Leonardo DiCaprio never got award for the movie. Lucas agreed, the man was constantly robbed.

An hour into the movie, Lucas' phone started ringing. He smiled apologetically at Lila before blindly answering it.

"Hello?"

"Lucas!" It was Ned. "Liz's dad is the vulture guy and Peter went after him and now I'm tracking Peter's phone cause he left it in Liz's dad's car and he told me to contact Happy Hogan about moving day or something but I don't think he likes me very much so he hung up so now I'm telling you to tell him or your dad that the Vulture is gonna rob the plane and you should stop the take-off."

First, Lucas was surprised Ned said all of that in one breath, then his eyes widened at the information. "Wait! Liz's dad is the vulture?!"

Lila turned to him in shock.

"Yes! You have to get them to stop the plane, he's gonna rob it!" Ned said. Lucas nodded before hang up and immediately calling Happy. Lila watched him pace around the living room as the line rang.

She couldn't believe Liz's dad was the vulture and tried to kill Peter. Did Liz know? She couldn't have, she seemed like such a sweet person.

"Happy?"

Lucas' voice brought her out of her thoughts.

"Listen, Happy, you need to stop the plane-"

There was murmuring on the phone.

"No! The Vulture is going to rob it, so don't let it take off! We can't my dad's tech get in the ring hands for the millionth time!"

Lucas groaned and rubbed his forehead. "Happy, just listen to me! I- he hung up on me. He hung up on me!"

Lila watched worriedly as Lucas pulled at his hair before dialing a number. "Who are you calling?"

"My dad. Or Pepper."

The line rang but no one answered. Lucas groaned and sank into the couch. He guessed it was up to Peter to stop Liz's dad.

Lila fiddled with her fingers, a nervous habit she had. "He'll be okay, right? I mean, Peter's tough." She asked. Lucas nodded.

"He's gonna be fine."

🪴🪴🪴
"Fine" was not the word Lila would use when she saw Peter an hour and a half later.

News reports flooded in about a Stark Industries plane crashing into Coney Island. The Vulture was found at the scene incapacitated, thanks to Queens' very own Spider-Man.

Peter ended up making his way to Lucas' apartment after the fiasco. He scared the couple half to death when he opened the window. Lila gasped as she saw the state he was in.

Blood, dirt, and ashes covered his face and his suit was ripped. She could see claw marks on his chest and shoulders, blood seeping out of the wounds.

"It's not as bad as it looks." Peter said breathlessly as he saw their shocked faces.

Lucas scoffed and went to the kitchen to grab the first aid kit. Lila sat Peter down on the couch and removed his hoodie to see his wounds better. "Oh, Peter this is bad."

The marks on his chest were deep and the blood was starting to turn black. Lucas came back and gaped at the open wounds. Lila grabbed some antiseptic wipes and began to clean them the best she could.

May had taught them how to clean wounds if they ever got hurt playing outside and she wasn't there. Lila knew she would faint if she found out this was more than a scraped knee.

Peter held in his winces as Lucas grabbed him some clothes from his room. They were a little baggy on him because Lucas was taller than him, but Peter was grateful to be out of that suit.

He couldn't stop thinking about how he ditched Liz and now ruined her life. If she didn't hate him before, she definitely did now.

One the wounds were treated and he got a change of clothes, Peter leaned his head on his sister's shoulder and closed his eyes. If anyone deserved to sleep for three years after what just happened, it was Peter.

Lila picked debris out of his hair and kissed his forehead. "Good job, Spider-Man." She whispered.

Peter couldn't help but smile.

AUTHORS NOTE
college sucks. 0/10 don't recommend.

Idk how to feel about this chapter but here it is. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you for reading!