Chapter 19 - Memories

Sara's POV

May

One month later

11th week of pregnancy

Surprisingly, once we had sent Christine our wedding picture, she responded with a simple ‚Thank you', much different to how I had feared my mother-in-law would react.

„She hasn't flipped her shit", Michael said over my shoulder as his eyes darted across the phone screen. In shock, I had just silently moved my phone over into his field of view and awaited his attention. It was a Sunday, 9 am, and shocker! we still laid in bed! „Some progress with her."

„Has she always had this ... tendency to ...", I swirled my hand in the air. I couldn't just say ‚be narcisstic and blow up' to him, I mean it was his stepmother. And I wouldn't openly state that I was a bit warry of her ... 

„Create drama? The first time I met her had left a bitter taste in my mouth", Michael pulled a sour face, as if he had bitten into a lemon, followed by a strong expression of disapproval and the handsome Beaumont's head shaking. „I was warry of her from then on. I had hoped she would calm down after we reconciled."

I wanted to ask for some more context, but my husband ultimately decided that conversation was over - the bed was no space to talk about anybody but us he always said - rolled over in bed and got closer to my belly with love-struck eyes. „Good morning babies, sorry papa ignored you for so long."

One kiss followed on the spot baby A was, another were baby B was.

My heart melted as he brushed my stomach and sang to them softly. I laid there and enjoyed this for a long time, listening to his charming voice sing a French lullaby with so much pride and love in his face that it soothed even me.

„You really are enjoying this, aren't you honey?"

„I mean look at you. You finally have a visible belly." Michael's hand stroke my stomach up and down fondly. „To think you would be visible at 11 weeks so clearly ...! I truly do enjoy this immensly."

„Well, I am carrying twins", I laughed, kissed his blond curls and rolled away

„Well, I am carrying twins", I laughed, kissed his blond curls and rolled away. Michael let out a strong, disapproving sound and followed right after me.

„Stay."

„In bed? On a Sunday? No way-"

A long kiss silenced me, followed by two hands around my hips and carressing the babies.

„Back to bed", Michael whispered into my ear. „I can finally have you all by myself. No work interrupting us, no friends who have to see your bump, no business meeting to take my attention away from you. No Anne-Marie who wants your constant attention."