Chapter 1 - Honeymoon

Michael's POV

France, Gordes

A few months before
January

I grabbed Sara's delicate hand and led her to the limo, running there with her.

We left everything behind us - the fireworks, the guests, the music.

We were running from our own wedding, but it was worth it - our flight awaited us, the flight that would lead us to Durban, South Africa.

And I didn't need anything more - I just needed her, and I had everything I wanted and needed.

My wife's surprised face was even as beaming as when she smiled, and I just had to lean down to kiss her. Never had Sara been more beautiful than right now, on our big day, January 23rd - but from today on, our story started anew. From this day on, she could only become more beautiful, smarter, more ambitious.

Was it possible to fall even more in love than you already were?

"You knew about this?", Sara laughed against my lips.

"Of course", I beamed. The limo halted before us. "But dad organized everything. Your parents helped him hide it and they packed our bags", I explained to her. I helped her into the car, helped her put the big dress into the limo, and jumped on right in.

"Where are we going?", Sara's cheeks were red in anticipation.

"Our honeymoon!", I intertwined our fingers and leaned my forehead against hers.

"Oh come on!", Sara pouted cutely, bouncing up and down in her seat. "I know we are going on our honeymoon, but where are we going? How long?"

I had to laugh and covered her lips with mine again. "Alright my love; we are going to Duban first. South Africa." I enjoyed how her eyes were widening up with every word, how they glistened. "For a week. Whitsundays, Australia for two. Then Auckland, New Zealand. Also for two weeks. Then we are off to Montevideo, Uruguay for two weeks. The last two weeks they booked a hotel in Southern Chilean Patagonia."

Sara bore a smile by the end of my explanation. Then it dropped. For a moment, I thought I had done something wrong. "B-But wait! That's two months!", she gasped.

"Yep", I grinned at her.

"But our job-!", Sara worriedly bounced.

"I took care of everything", I tugged her hair down and got rid of the many thousand hairpins. I buried my hands into her curls and drew her to my lips again. I hungrily mashed my lips against her.

She immediately calmed down again.

"Michael", Sara gasped breathlessly. I snarled and clasped my lips against hers again.

"I want to make love to you first", I held her dark eyes. "Everything else can wait."

My wife gave me a shy smile and I just had to kiss her again.

Sara replied them eagerly, tugging me closer. I hummed happily and pressed her perfectly shaped body against mine, which fitted like a puzzle piece.

Her smell, her lips, the feel of her hair, the feel of her hands on my cheeks - it lulled me in, soothed me.

Then she coughed and pushed me away, shaking her head heavily as I leaned forward again, nudging her head towards the limo driver.

"He doesn't care", I whispered and leaned down to her lips again.