Chapter 27 - Gender reveal

Michael's POV

My alarm sounded and I shut off my computers.

It was now or never.
Sara was distracted, she wouldn't notice.

Setting my phone on not disturb, I got out of my office to gather all the things needed for tonight's date night. While I went around her office, going to the other end of the house to avoid my wife at any cost, I mentally prepared a list of things I would need.

My mother-in-law spotted me as I picked up the picnic basket from the back of my dresser and followed me around, skipping in happiness as she asked me what I was doing.

„Preparing a date night", I answered her while putting the food containers in. Lejla opens the door to the garden for me and together we walk to the middle of it. „I wanted to have a romantic picnic with her."

„That's a great idea!", Lejla chirps as she helps me set up the blanket. I took her and Amar to Target and Walmart for a little bonding time and to pick up everything for the date tonight, wanting to give Sara and Emma some sibling time. Sara was truly the carbon copy of her mother. Lejla had had the same exact reaction to the stores (way too damn big!) but had left them with shining eyes. Amar had nodded his head impressed, yet cringed at the food aisles and plastic packaging (which was fair).

The blanket was laid out, the basket placed and the food was arranged neatly. Lejla took the other end of the fairy light string I handed her. Together we strung them up on the wooden pillars I had installed in our little garden isle. „The fairy lights only need to be turned on later, but I will do that when I send the dogs for her", I told her and checked the time. „Are you sure I shouldn't get her some flowers?"

„You already made good food and set this all up, it's more than enough!", my mother-in-law assures me, patting my back lovingly. Her eyes bulge. „God Michael have you gotten more muscular?!"

„I need to protect my family."

„You are sure you aren't in that water army?"

I laugh. „You mean marines? I'm fairly sure, I was only a quarterback and I only go once a week to training."

Lejla raises a brow. „But privately how often do you work out?"

I ponder about it as I finally decide where to place the basket. „3 times minimum. I go running daily except for the weekends."

As I want to add that I do in fact do rest days, Lejla adds with a nod „You exercise with my daughter". I throw her a look, wanting to tell her Sara is pregnant and should not be weightlifting that strongly anymore and see she's grinning. „Oh, I know a couple with a healthy sex life when I see one."

„Sex? What is that?", I cough, trying not to choke on my spit. Lejla always keeps on surprising me.

Lejla lowers her eyes at me. „Michael I see the red and too light patches in your beard."

Fuck. It's one thing when your parents know you are sexually active but that your parents-in-law can see you eat their daughter out? Please somebody shoot me. If I ever mentioned this to Sara she would flee the country and change her identity. I cough again and avert my head and she starts laughing. „The babies prove it, Michael!"

„Only once!"

„Once a day!"

„MUM!", Em cringes as she heard that, pulling the same face as Sara. She is carrying the tray of drinks I wanted to fetch next. I take it off her hands as she shoots her mother an expression that makes it look like she is sick. „That's really NONE of our business ew!"