Chapter Twenty One

"Oh come on," Callum groaned, "Don't start this shit again."

"I'm not starting anything. I'm ending it." Tucker replied.

"Just like you've tried to end it a hundred times before?" Callum asked, "What happened? I thought we were doing good and.. taking it slow? Weren't you the one that was tired of running in the same circles and wanted to give this a shot?"

"I thought I did. But I've realised that ever since I've met you all I've felt is confused and conflicted about everything," Tucker paused, "And I hate that. I've always known what I want, but with you.. it's all too complicated."

"It's complicated? So what? You afraid of a little challenge?" Callum raised a brow.

"You told me to pretend that we were just Cal and Tuck but.. I don't think I can do that," Tucker sighed, "I can't see you as just Cal when I see your face on magazines or when my sister calls you her boss or.. or when you're flirting with other girls for appearances? What's the deal? You still in the closet?"

"You know I'm not in the closet! Don't you remember those articles about us? I wasn't flirting with her.. I just.. it's just how it's always been.." Callum trailed off.

"Right," Tucker scoffed, "You've always been a rich, entitled playboy. And I've always hated people like you."

"Tucker—"

"We come from two completely different worlds, Callum," Tucker cut off the CEO, "We have different upbringings and an entirely different way of life. We're like.. oil and water. We don't mix."

"What's gotten into you?" Callum asked.

"I thought I had to choose between you and Divij. I can't go back to Divij.. I can't break his heart again and with you.. I'll be setting myself up for the same heart break. So I choose none of you." Tucker finished.

"We've been over this, Tucker. You're going to come back to me. You know you will." Callum said confidently as he walked towards Tucker.

"Callum.. I want you to promise me that you won't pursue me. You'll let me cut you off and you'll do the same." Tucker said seriously.

"And why would I do that?" Callum smirked, "I want you. I've never tried to hide or be in denial of the fact that I like you."

"If you truly have feelings for me then you'll respect me enough to let me have my space." Tucker said. He was trying to be as calm as he could possibly be. He maintained his composure as Callum scoffed.

"I always get what I want, Tucker." Callum replied and Tucker frowned. This was one of the reasons he decided that his choice didn't necessarily have to be one of the two men he was involved with. It could be none of them as well.

After a long conversation with Dan and the woman from the bar, whose name Tucker forgot to ask, Tuck came to the conclusion that Divij was worth too much for Tucker to hurt him again, and that Callum was not worth enough for him to give up his ideals.

Ever since he met Callum, especially since he acknowledged his attraction towards him— he'd been in a constant battle with himself. Which is why he decided that in the end, he has to choose himself.

"This is exactly why I can't be with you! You think the world is at your feet and that you can have anything!" Tucker was starting to get frustrated.

"I don't give a shit about the world," Callum said, nearing Tucker, "All I care about is that I know you want me just as bad as I want you."

"I do," Tucker agreed, "But not everything you want is good for you. You're not good for me."

"I don't understand what is up with this sappy bullshit." Callum said.