for you... anything // 31

!! TW&CW // BULLYING, MANIPULATION, MILD SEXUAL HARASSMENT !!

this another long chapter... enjoy ^-^

xxx

"So, are you enjoying your tea?" My voice broke the silence. He had been pretty quiet for the majority of the date. I think he was mad that I rejected his hug after finding his table. I guess I understood that, but my goal was to be straightforward from the beginning, and not lead on his feelings. He was frequently checking his phone. I decided to joke around to lighten the mood.

"Are you usually this quiet on dates? Haha..." Despite the friendly mask I was putting on, my heart was steadily picking up pace. His silence made me nervous, and something seemed off. Like it did earlier when I ran into him in the hallway. And just when I was about to pry interaction out of him again, I felt a chill run down my spine. His cold gaze looked past me as an even colder voice greeted us.

"So the gaijin is here like you said, Subaru." Fukuhara... I turned in my seat and sure enough, there she was. Standing over me with one of her lackeys by her side. What is going on? I thought. Why did Kojima tell them I was here with him? Through the pool of my confusion though, something finally clicked. I remembered where I heard that word, 'gaijin' before. Still, even if this situation was odd, I chose the path of friendliness.

"Fukuhara! What a coincidence running into you guys here!"

She scoffed. Seeing right through me.

"Cut the shit gaijin, we need to talk." She spoke lowly, as if to threaten me. Now, I didn't want to laugh at her outright... but with me standing at least 7 inches taller than her I couldn't see how she was going to force me to do anything. I turned in my seat away from her.

"First of all, Tokyo Drift is not the script you wanna go off of here for your insults. You can stop with that 'gaijin' shit. Second of all, you can talk to me another time. I'm busy with Kojima."

"Busy doing what?" Subaru grumbled callously. "You're clearly not gonna give it up like I thought you would." My heart dropped to my stomach as I stood out of my seat. I stared at him wide eyed.

"Give it up-? What are you-?"

"C'mon Toshiko." Kojima spoke lowly as he rose. Closing the space between us and making me sweat nervously. Something about his attitude changed since this morning. He seemed scarier. "Unless you're still playing coy..." Without warning, he pulled me to him with his hand flattened hard into my lower back and holding my chin in place with the other. My whole front was pressed into his body. The scent of his gross matcha tea lingered on his breath. My heart was beating out of my chest. Adrenaline began pulsing through my veins as I tried to push him away, part of me was still trying not to cause a scene in public. He kept me there. My hands trembled.

"Clearly she's good for nothing Subaru." Fukuhara hissed behind me. Does she not care about a girl being threatened by a guy at all?

"Toshiko, are you going to give me what I want from you?" He leaned in as he talked, his breath brushing over my lips. I finally acted out.

"Get off me!" With a forceful push, I finally separated the space between us, stopping him before he could kiss me. My chest heaved up and down rapidly. I was scared. And no one around was helping.

"Tch. I knew it." He growled as he regained his balance. "I'm gonna let you in on something. You're going to end up with no friends pretty soon if you don't accept the fact that that's all anyone wants from you. People talk about your promiscuous body. And everyone wants a piece of it. That's the only reason guys try to be friends with you. Your curvy, American body excites them-" His mouth kept moving, but I couldn't hear past the ringing in my ears. Or my heavy breathing. Or the blood pumping to my head. Images of all the friends I had made so far flashed before my eyes, everyone on the boy's volleyball team.