Chapter 1: Accident

A/n: I will post the head cannon that inspired this story when I find it again.
This book is about my personal experiences, if you don't like the content or actions of any characters, cope lol.
Tw: Physical and Emotional abuse, cat-calling, guns.
*******************************************
It had been months since your last incident, but it wasn't your fault really. A bank was being robbed and you had the ability to stop it, so you did. But since then you moved to another town, just in case anyone saw your powers. You didn't really have many friend there who would recognize you but it was better safe than sorry.

You moved to New York. You figured with the Avengers there, you wouldn't have to use your powers. All you wanted was a stable home.

*

"C'mon, doll, just one night," a guy pleaded from the other side of the bar. You had been bartending since you moved to New York. This was normal. A guy would come in, hit on you and insist you spend a night with him.

"I'm not interested.." you mumbled, wiping down the counter. He grabbed your arm and pleaded some more.

"I said no thank you," you ripped your arm from his grip and clocked out. That was enough bullshit for one night. He followed you out though and he was extremely drunk.

"Doll, c'mon, don't do something that you'll regret," he called out. You turned around. He had a gun pointed at you. Before you could act there was a loud explosion behind you. Surely the Avengers would handle it. The drunk guy was still holding up his gun.

"Don't mind that, just focus on me," he shouted over the loud city noises. He stepped closer but kept his gun up. You had no choice. You had to defend yourself. Behind your back you allowed your magic to swirl in your hands. It was a deep green color. A car flew by you and the man. Oh well. You kicked his balls and pushed him to the ground. Using your magic you deflected the bullets he shot at you. You snatched the gun from his hand and whacked him in the face with it, leaving him unconscious.

"Look out!" a masculine voice yelled behind you. You whipped around to see a car flying directly at you. Without hesitation you threw up your hands and shot a blast of green at the car. Ironman was now floating above you.

"Holy shit! What was that?!" he now lowered himself to the ground.

"It was um nothing..nothing," you stuttered. He saw the man laying on the ground behind you.

"Did you hurt him for a reason?" he asked, moving you out of the way so he could get a good look.

"He threatened me with a gun when I said no to going home with him.." Ironman's face went pale. He gulped.

"Well we should probably take you in for debriefing, since you have green wiggly woos shooting out of your hands," he placed his hand on your shoulder which made you flinch.

"I don't think thats necessary, I'll be out of town in a couple of hours," you replied peeling his hand off your shoulder.

"What? Whys that?" he asked.

"Well, my powers have been revealed, so I need to go before someone starts hunting me down.." you picked up your bag off the ground and waved goodbye.

When you got back to your apartment, you started to pack. There wasn't much to pack up. Just a family photo, some books, clothes and a special rock. After packing, you turned on the tv and started preparing an easy dinner.

"The Avengers weren't able to stop the bombing today but they did manage to save all the citizens in harms way." A woman in the news reported.

"Yes and we have video footage of what may be a new super hero or villain in New York." A man continued. Your heart stopped and you finally turned your attention to the screen. A video of you shooting the car out of your way played on the screen. Shit. That was not good. You had to get out of New York. You grabbed your suitcase and turned of the tv.

Knock Knock. Who could that be? You pried the door open only a little bit. Just revealing your face. The Avengers were standing there. Thor, Tony Stark, Captain America, Hawkeye, Bruce Banner, Black Widow, Wanda, Pietro, and Vision. The whole crew.

"C-can I help you?" you stammered. Without asking the team pushed into your apartment.

"We need you to come with us." Black Widow replied. She was inspecting your apartment.

"Uh why?"

"You have powers and you could be a valuable member of the team...once we can trust you." She grabbed your suitcase and started rummaging through it.

"Hey! That's my personal stuff!" you yelled. Pietro zoomed over and started going through it like a nosy little asshole.

"It's just to make sure you don't have anything dangerous, before we bring you to the tower," Tony assured you.

"Why do you have this?" Pietro asked holding up your rock.

"That," you said snatching the rock from him, "Is very personal.." you mumbled and stuffed it into your pocket.

"She's all clear," Black Widow finally closed your suitcase and handed it to you. Captain America helped usher you out of your apartment and the rest of the team followed.

"Wanda, please stop trying to read my mind," you hummed. She had been trying to pry your mind open since the moment you opened your door.

"Why do you have yourself blocked off?" she asked.

"I have a lot of personal stuff in there. It's not pretty," you replied. You were now being smooshed into a limo heading straight to Avengers Tower. Wanda finally stopped trying to get into your head.

When you arrived at the tower, you were asked a million questions.

"Where are you from?" Steve Rogers asked.

"Georgia,"

"How did you get your powers?"

"I was born with them, my moms from a different world so I guess I inherited them."

"You guess" Natasha questioned.

"I've never met my parents, they died when I was a baby." The room filled with silence.

"Is that picture in your bag a picture of them?"

"Yes, my uncle gave it to me,"

"Have you killed anyone?" Natasha asked.

"Not that I know of."

"How old are you?"

"22." Your answers continued to get shorter and shorter until the group finally realized that you didn't want to talk anymore.

"C'mon kid, I'll show you to your room." Tony got up and you followed him to your room which was a couple floors up.

"Look, I trust you, and I'll try to convince the team to trust you as well," he broke the silence. You didn't care if the team trusted you. Everyone that trusted you got hurt, because everyone else wanted your power.

"It's fine if they don't, I'll understand." He nodded and left you alone in your new room. It was super late and you need the sleep after using your powers today. You drifted off within seconds.

*

"You're worthless!" your uncle cried. He pushed you into a wall. There was a picture on his desk. He grabbed it aggressively.

"Look at this! They are lucky that they didn't have to put up with you!" he roared and shoved the framed photo to you. You started to run and you made it outside. He followed in rage.

"Here bitch!" He started tossing rocks at you. One by one they hit you in the back of the head. He kept throwing but you couldn't feel it. You turned around to see him throwing rocks at a green barrier around you.

*
You woke up crying and breathing heavy. Another nightmare. You looked around your room to see Wanda, Vision and Pietro scattered around your massive new room.