Chapter 11: Notes

Everyday now. Everyday you were receiving small notes from who you thought was Lilly.

*

You awoke to the blaring alarm in the dead of night. You hurried out of your bed and into your suit.

Good Morning. Loki's voice rattled through your head. He knew you were up because that dreadful alarm woke him as well.

Morning. You excitedly replied while running down the busy hallway.

You sound excited, darling. He stated. His voice sounded off. It was almost distorted and laced with a familiar feminine voice. You didn't think much of it since you were too tired and too focused on your first mission since recovery.

*

"Y/n! Get down!" Clint yelled to you. He shot his arrow effortlessely while looking back at you. Instead of following his directions you used your powers to deflect the giant robot chunk hurling towards you. It missed you and it was now directed at a small girl who was stuck under a piece of a building. You watched in terror as Pietro sped over to grab the little girl. He was successful, he dropped her next to you and continued to speed around to save any other civilians.

The little girl looked up at you in awe. She watches you starry eyed as you shot green spikes through some androids.

"That was amazing miss!" She exclaimed finally standing up. You gave her a proud smile and hug before finding her parents in the crowd.

"Y/n, where are you?" Wanda's thick Sokovian accent met your ears through the ear piece Tony made you wear.

"I'm with the civilians, a girl got lost." You gave the girl a wink before running off to battle some more mindless bots.

*

(Loki's POV)

Where could you possibly be? Missions never take this long. Loki paced the tower, inspecting every detail like it was his job. He found things he hadn't noticed before like little cracks on the balcony's pavement. But he couldn't distract himself for more than a couple minutes, his mind always found a way to make you the center of attention.

Ding!

The elevator opened, revealing you, and the team but more importantly you. You were laughing at something Thor said. He looked rather impressed with himself as he place his hammer on the coat hook. He pulled you by your arm over to the bar where the other Avengers were getting drinks. Loki watched the scene unfold, jealousy clouded his eyes.

"That was one hell of a mission." Wanda groaned before taking a big chug of her drink. You raised your drink in agreement before taking a big sip.

"Did you see that little girl Pietro saved?" You asked her. Pietro looked so smug at the mention of saving her. Loki started to make his way over to bar so he could hear better.

"Did you get into any trouble while we were gone?" Tony asked, now noticing Loki's presence.

"No, I merely read and had a drink." Loki lied. You saw through this lie unlike the rest of the foolish team. Every liar had a tell, even the god of mischief and lies himself. His tell was that he would run his left hand through his beautiful hair.

"C'mon lets go to my room." You gestured to Wanda and Loki who agreed and followed you up to your living space.

*

(Your POV)

"Oh my gods, there was this little girl that Pietro saved and she was so cute. She was all like 'you're awesome'" You gushed about your mission as Wanda and Loki entered your cave. You spotted a new piece of paper on your desk and immediately rushed over to read it.

My y/n,

In regards to your last letter, you will see me soon, darling. I am closer than you think.

You allowed a big smile to creep onto your face. You brought the note to your nose to smell the familiar minty scent. Loki watched in amusement while Wanda shot him scolding glances.

You dramatically threw yourself onto your bed after stashing the note away in a small wooden box that matched the on Loki had. Wanda reckonized the box almost immediately as did Loki. Wanda cringed at the fact you had matching boxes but Loki was smiling like an idiot at the fact you kept that for six years.

"Why do you guys have those dumb looks on your faces?" Loki's grin faded and Wanda's face returned to her usual soft smile.

"What looks?" Wanda asked innocently.

"Whatever." You pushed her off your bed but she grabbed your arm and pulled you down with her. Loki watched as your tumbled down off the bed and landed ontpop of Wanda. You made a loud thud noise which caused the Avengers to rush up in a motherly fashion.

"Is everything allright?!" Mama Steve burst into the room with Tony and Pietro behind him.

"Did he push you?" Tony pointed to Loki who was chuckling at the state you were in. You scrambled to get off of Wanda.

"No, no, I pushed Wanda and she pulled me down with her." You defended Loki.

"Why did you push Wanda?" Pietro asked.

"We were just playing around, don't worry Pietro." Wanda was now getting up. Steve, Tony and Pietro exited the room once they were sure nothing was going on. When they closed the door behind them you all erupted in laugher, even Loki.

*

The rest of the day was pretty slow. You went to your usual training when you couldn't sleep but your were surprised to see Loki there. He was furiously going over drills with Thor who kept beating his ass. You made your way over to the punching bags, hoping they wouldn't notice you.

"Lady Y/n!" Thor exclaimed which made you cringe. You turned to the shirtless gods and smiled awkwardly.

"Come train with us, I'm sure you need better competition!" Thor's booming voice filled the awkward silence. You figured it would be best not to argue with Thor since he was extremely persistent. You scampered over to where he and Loki were standing.

"Who am I fighting?" You asked. You didn't know who would be worse so you didn't have much hope. Thor pushed Loki in front of you and backed up giving you just enough room to fight. Loki towered over you, giving you his signature mischievous grin.

You began sparring, gracefully dodging his dagger attacks. He spun you around to stab you in the back but you were able to duck under his arm and sweep his feet if the ground. You caught him before he hit the ground. You flashed him a grin before dropping him to the ground. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you down with him. You quickly straddled his waist and snatched his knife, holding it to his throat. He stared at you with a mix of shock and happiness on his face. You stared smugly back. The silence was quickly broken by Thor's loud clapping. You rolled off of Loki but stayed on the ground, trying to catch your breath.