Chapter 2: Sweet Dreams

Tw: Abuse, murder.

"Are you ok?" Wanda was worried. Shit. You accidentally had let your guard down in your sleep. Pietro and Vision were only there in case something happened to Wanda. You could hear their loud worried thoughts, worried for Wanda. Not you.

"How much did you see?" you ignored Wanda's question and attempted to put your shield back up.

"I saw the dream and thats it. Stop trying to block me." She placed her hand in yours which caused you to flinch. The boys left the room, they seemed to be sure you wouldn't hurt Wanda.

"But I don't want to scare you.." you tried so hard to hold your tears back.

"Scare me?"

"If you look through my head your going to see some fucked up shit.." you mumbled and pulled your hand away.

"Would you trust me if I let you see whats in my head?" Wanda asked. You only stared at her. Looking for any form of manipulation.

"Go ahead," she inclined her head, allowing you to read her thoughts. You placed your hands on her temples and allowed your green magic search for her thoughts and memories.

*

You stood from a distance watching the scene unfold. There was a little girl and a little boy sitting on the floor in front of a tv. The people on the couch behind them seemed like their parents. They were all watching a old looking sitcom. Boom. An explosion. The parents were dead and the children were trapped under a bed watching. A Stark Industries missile was blinking in front of them.

*
The green faded and you were back in your new room. Wanda's eyes were filled with tears. You quickly let go of her head.

"I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" You panicked. She trusted you and now she was crying. This is all my fault.

"No it's not your fault," she assured you.

"I guess you can look in my head." It was only fair. She didn't have to move to read your thoughts.

*
"What happen to my parents?" A little girl asked. The same man from your dream, your uncle, looked up.

"I told you not to talk to me!" He yelled. The little girl's eyes teared up and she ran off. He followed her throwing books and papers at you.

"Uncle Ron! Please!" The little girl begged. He whacked her across the face and stormed off.

*

You turned around to see your uncle throwing rocks at a green shield that surrounded you. The same green shade filled your eyes and swirled around.

"I've been telling you to stop for years." You growled. The green now swirled around in your hands. You shot the green wisps at your uncle. You shot at him until he was begging for mercy, bleeding on the driveway. You approached him slowly and watched him suffer until he died.

*

You snapped back to reality. Wanda looked at you with heartbreak in her eyes. You didn't scare her. She's killed before and she knew you regretted it. She didn't say anything but she wrapped her arms around you. You didn't get pity from her like you normally would from anybody who knew your past. This time you received empathy. A brand new feeling.

After a while she let go and left the room. She made sure you were okay with her leaving. You finally realized what time it was. It was 7:03 am. You sat up and decided to greet the Avengers downstairs.

When you got down there something seemed off. The look on their faces explained it all. They were talking about you. Wanda's face wasn't guilty though.

"You told them?" Your voice cracked.

"No, I swear. They're just trying to get it out of me," she assured you. The group nodded in agreement.

"You can tell them.." You whispered and sat down next to her. She explained what she learned about you.

"So you killed someone?" Steve asked. You nodded uncomfortably.

"You lied." Natasha responded.

"I'm sorry.." You mumbled. Wanda and Tony saw the hurt in your eyes.

"We've all killed." Wanda commented.

"She only did it once. And it seemed like he deserved it." Tony agreed. Natasha looked at Tony and then back at you. She looked guilty now. Tony and Wanda were right. Everyone in that room had killed before.

"Do you guys feed your guests or no?" You tried to break the tension.

"You're not a guest, you live here now." Steve said.

"Thats right, you kidnapped me." You half-joked remembering last night.

"We didn't kidnap you." Vision chimes.

"I know, it was joke."

You ate breakfast with the Avengers. Perfectly normal. Thor and Tony seemed to be arguing about something but they tried not to become too obvious. The team hardly noticed, except for you and Wanda who heard their loud thoughts. You exchanged a confused look with her.

Whats wrong, dove? Wanda's voice filled your head.

Who is Loki and why doesn't Tony like him?

Loki is the god of mischief. He attacked New York a couple of years ago. He also threw Tony out a window. That last part made you chuckle.

"Whats so funny?" Steve asked.

"Something Wanda thought.." you replied. The attention was on you again. You could feel everyone's eyes digging into you, trying to figure you out. Their thoughts overlapping.

"I can hear you guys.." you whispered.

"What do you mean?" Natasha questioned.

"Your thoughts..what your thinking about me.." you got up to clear your plate.

"Y/n, what exactly are you powers?" Thor asked, changing the subject.

"I have telepathic abilities, I also have telekinesis, um I can cast some solid illusions and I have this," you let the green swirl around in your hand. Once the team got comfortable with it, you started to toss it and catch it with your other hand.

"That reminds me of Loki's powers," Clint blurts out.

"It's possible, my mom was from another world, I just don't know which world." The table fell silent at the reminder of your dead mother. You awkwardly shuffled out of the room and back upstairs. You figured it was best if you locked yourself up there instead of being a burden to the team.

You read your favorite book, you owned a copy since you were a kid so the book was nearly in shreds but you didn't mind. You could read it over and over and never get bored.

Knock Knock. Wanda opened your door without confirmation that she could come in but you didn't mind.

"Hey, dove, Thor wants all of us downstairs. He has an announcement to make." You got up and followed the red head to where Thor asked everyone to meet.

"Lady y/n! Show my brother your magic!" Thor excitedly pulled your arm so you could face his brother. You lifted your hands and reluctantly let your 'green wiggly woos' dance around.

"Is that it?" his brother asked bitterly.

"I could do more, but I wish not to hurt anyone," you replied and sat down next to Wanda.

"Anywayyy, Reindeer Games will be staying here for a while," Tony said, putting a weird silver cuff on his wrists.

"Awe he gets a pretty bracelet and we don't" Wanda joked, pulling you closer to her.

What do you mean? You asked.

It's a power limiter, so he can't use his magic. That's Loki by the way.

"I'm sure a prince is best fit for such a pretty bracelet," you teased, which made Loki growl in disgust. Wanda nudged you in the side and gave you a warm smile. She was a friend. Tony and Thor rambled on giving Loki and you rules since you were both new to the tower. Every couple seconds a pain would shoot down your neck, giving you a mini headache.