Chapter 13: Do it

You woke up in your own bed. It was 12:24 pm. All the memories of the night before came flooding into your head. You sat up and rolled off your bed. The smell of bacon drew you downstairs.

"Hey sleepy head!" Tony's annoying faux enthusiasm and chipper tone of voice met your ears, causing you to groan. You had a massive headache.

"Why are you so loud?" You asked him. You opened the cabinet and grabbed a bottle of motrin the help the pain of your headache. Tony shrugged in response.

"Howdy!" Wanda approached you with her genuine enthusiasm.

"Why are you so happy?" You dry swallowed the advil and tossed the bottle back into the cabinet. Her smile faltered for a second and her head tilted in confusion.

"Why aren't you happy?" She inquired. You sighed and took a sip of water.

"Because I have a massive headache."

"Yeah but what about last night?" She asked. Loki watched cautiously from the living room. He didn't get a chance to tell you what he wanted to last night but he hadn't told Wanda that yet.

"What do you mean?" You leaned back on the counter and peered behind her to match Loki's confused glances. Wanda looked back to Loki and he shot her an apologetic look. She grunted and walked away leaving you puzzled. You followed her and sat with her on your shared love-seat while Loki sat in his usual armchair next to it.

"So Loki didn't talk to you last night?" Her glances shifted between Loki and you rapidly.

"I think he tried?" You questioned your self and looked to Loki for an answer. He only nodded and returned to his book. Wanda shook her head in disappointment and muttered something in Sokovian to herself.

"I can understand you." You mumbled. She laughed at her own joke.

"What did she say?" Loki inquired. You laughed trying to get it out. Wanda chuckled to herself while Loki stared at you blankly.

"She called you a um greasy weasel." You finally managed to say. He rolled his eyes and got up to retreat to his room. Wanda followed him apologizing. You stayed back and stole pieces of bacon from the pan Tony was cooking them on.

*

"Loki, I'm sorry." Wanda giggled, wedging her way into his room. He closed his book in annoyance and watched her make her way over to his desk chair. "But I do need to talk to you." She finished after she finally got comfortable in her seat.

"I wonder what about." He replied sarcastically. He knew what she wanted to talk about. How he failed to talk to you last night and how he ruined the plan but in his defense Tony's loud armor ruined the moment. He sighed and sat up to meet her disappointing gaze.

"Just tell her." She didn't have to read his thoughts to see what he was thinking. He nodded at her comment which allowed her to leave him alone. He decided to wait and to have you come to him so he could avoid confrontation.

*

"Are you done stealing my bacon, y/n?" Tony asked sternly. He only used your name when he was upset, so you back off. Your smile faded when his tone reminded you of your uncle's. He saw the affect of his words and apologized for snapping at you. He reluctantly handed you one last piece of bacon. Like a child you skipped to the elevator excitedly and decided to go see your friends. They always hid in their rooms, because like you, they felt out of place since they were somewhat new additions to the team.

You knocked on Loki's extremely intimidating door and waited for his response.

"Come in." A voice replied. It wasn't his voice but it was a familiar one. You opened the door to see a tall thin figure facing the floor to ceiling window with their hands behind their back. You shut the door behind you and inched over to the bed. You made sure that your dagger (provided by Loki of course) was within reach. The figure turned to face you slowly. Your eyes met her eyes and she flashed you a familiar smile. Your jaw dropped and you finally grabbed the dagger in your pocket.

It was Lilly.

You held the dagger up cautiously and  approached her.

"Are you not happy to see me?" She approached you and lowered the dagger.

"What are you doing here? In Loki's room. And where is Loki?" Your bombarded her with your questions. She sighed and sat you down, before letting a green wave wash over allowing her to transform back into Loki. You dropped your dagger which made him sigh in relief.

"What the hell!" You finally managed to exclaim. Wanda was listening from behind to door. Upon hearing you yell she burst into the room to see what was the matter. Loki ignored her and started to speak.

"I can explain." He watched as you scanned his figure for any sign of lying.

"How long have you known?" You asked firmly. He sighed.

"Not long." He ran his fingers through his hair.

"You're lying!" You exclaimed.

"Am not." He lied again.

"You always do this when you lie." You ran your fingers through you hair to show him. He sighed again, this time heavier. Guilt crept onto his face but he never broke eye contact with you.

"Y/n, I've know for about a month, but Lady Wanda knows too." He quickly shifted the blame to Wanda.

"Wanda you knew? Both of you knew and you didn't tell me." You were frustrated. You quickly wiped the tears that were forming in you eyes and stormed out the room leaving Loki and Wanda alone in guilt.