Chapter 8: Telepath Trio

It had been a month since your conversation with Loki. You two weren't the best of friends but he did tolerate you and Wanda more than the others.

"Y/n, are you ok?" Wanda asked, munching on some takeout. You snapped back to reality. Wanda was sitting on your bed with you while Loki sat in your desk chair.

"Yeah, sorry just zoned out."

"You do that an awful lot.." Loki mumbled and poked at his food.

"It won't hurt you." Wanda laughed at your comment but Loki only glared.

"What if its poison?!" He exclaimed. So dramatic.

"It might be." You replied before taking a bite of your food.

"Yeah its called food poisoning, it usually happens by accident." Wanda said with food still in her mouth.

"Wanda, your gross." You handed her a napkin. Loki started to spin around in your chair.

"Darling, I think your chair is broken." He kept spinning it like a child.

"Please don't call me that."

"Sorry, but I still think your chair is broken."

"It's supposed to spin, Lokes." You chuckled at his lack of Earth knowledge.

*

Beep Beep Beep. An alarm filled the sleeping tower. You were an Avenger now, so you had to get up with the alarm. You scrambled around your bedroom and changed into your suit.

"C'mon songbird, hurry up!" Tony barged into your room while you were still changing.

"Oh my gods Tony!" He quickly shut the door when you started to throw things at him.

"You know theres something called knocking." You teased when you were finally done. The team trusted Loki enough to leave him alone for shorter missions, but before you left you always made sure to let him know you were leaving.

Hey. He actually let you communicate with him first try.

Good morning.

We're leaving now, please behave.

Yes of course.

*

"Clint you dumb bi~" You were about to scold Clint for getting hurt. But something cut you off. Pain. Someone had shot you in the leg. Time slowed for a couple seconds, letting you realize what just happened.

"We need a medical evac now! Clint and Y/n are down." Natasha commanded through the ear pieces. Everything got blurry and you felt like time was going super fast and slow at the same time.

*

Your eyes fluttered open and sighs of relief filled your ringing ears. Once your eyes were fully open and adjusted to the bright lights of the medical wing, you saw Wanda and Loki standing over you. They looked awful, like they hadn't slept in days.

"You guys are bit close.." you managed to say which received a chuckle from Wanda.

"Y/n, you were out for 3 days." Loki scolded, as if you had any control over that.

"My apologies your majesty." You giggled and booped his nose.

"I think shes delirious." Wanda commented before putting some weird sleep spell on you.

*
You awoke again but this time to the sound of talking. Wanda and Loki were have a conversation right next to you.

"Why do you keep theorizing on Lilly, Y/n said she's dead." Loki snapped.

"She said that its safe to assume shes dead." Wanda corrected him.

"Whatever." Loki growled. He seemed irritated, well more than usual.

"Why are you acting so weird?" Wanda's concern took over.

"I'm not." Loki's voice and tone were both filled with defense. Wanda took a moment to think about his words. Something seemed off to her.

"You know something, don't you?" She finally asked him. Guilt crept onto his expressionless face but only for a moment. You started to stir which caused both of them to quiet down quickly. After a couple moments of you faking your sleep you finally started to 'wake up' again.

"Hey guys." You smiled at the guilty looking pair.

"Hello, dove." Wanda smiled back and got up to get closer. Loki got up but didn't stand nearly as close as Wanda. They finally explained to you what happened, you got shot in the leg and out of shock and exhaustion you passed out for a couple days.

"So am I allowed up?" You asked after they explained everything.

"Yes, you're fully healed thanks to the greasy meanie over there." Wanda gestured to Loki who just rolled his eyes. You chuckled and swung your legs off the hospital bed. Your feet met the cold ground which was super uncomfortable. Loki and Wanda watched you carefully, making sure you weren't going to faint or fall again.

*

When you finally got up to your room you asked Wanda and Loki for some alone time and to alert the team that you were up. You wanted time to think about what Wanda and Loki were talking about in the medical wing.

"You know something, don't you?" What could he possibly know. What was he hiding from you.