Chapter 6: Darling

You stepped of the stage after your song. The room flooded with applause. Wanda peeled you away from the crowed and Loki focused his attention on your disheveled figure. You looked heartbroken. Wanda noticed too and she brought you back to where you had been sitting earlier.

"Whats wrong, dove?" She asked you once everyone had backed off.

"Isn't it obvious?" Loki chimed into your conversation.

"Excuse me?"

"The song obviously reminded her of Lilly." They both turned to you for confirmation. You only nodded.

"Darling, you need sleep." Loki pulled you uo and dragged you to your room while mama Wanda followed.

"I don't need sleep."

"You look awful." He replied and dragged you into your room. You fell onto the bed and fell asleep almost immediately. Wanda and him exchanged worried looks before leaving you alone. Her nickname for you rattled around in your head all night. Darling. You hated when anybody called you that because it reminded you of her, but you couldn't protest when Loki used it because you were half asleep.

*

"Why hello, peach." A man came into the room and sat in front of you. There was a table dividing you.

"Don't call me that!" You snapped. He flashed you a smile and cleared his throat.

"Rumor has it, you were the one who murdered you uncle." The man continued. You were stuck in the chair and refused to make eye contact. Instead you glared at the mirror in the room, hoping you were staring at someone.

"Peach, we need to take you in." The man said which snapped your attention back to him. You had enough. You wanted to get back to Lilly. You broke the handcuffs and fought your way out, without killing anyone.

*

You woke up crying, again. Those awful memories always found a way to ruin your sleep. You sat up and trudged down to the living room where the team was passed out. You went back upstairs and knocked on Wanda's door. No answer. She was fast asleep. You wanted to talk to someone about your nightmare but nobody was awake. Well except. No, no. You shook that thought out of your head fast. Loki barely tolerated you, it would be insane for you to vent to him about a bad dream. Back to your room it was.

You fiddled with random things that filled your shelves. Each book was rearranged five times. You lamp switched from the nightstand to the desk far to many times. After a while you stopped fiddling with your room arrangement and went down to the training room to kill time.

*

"I think that punching bag has taken quite the beating!" Thor's loud voiced startled you to your core.

"Maybe it deserved it.." you replied sheepishly, looking at the beat up punching back. He just laughed.

"Stark is looking for you, so you might want to report upstairs." He was always so happy and upbeat.

"Alright." You wiped the sweat from your forehead and used your magic to change your clothes. You followed Thor upstairs where all the Avengers with raging hangovers were.

"Hello songbird!" Tony chirped.

"Good morning."

"Where have you been all morning?" Natasha asked suspiciously.

"She has been abusing a punching bag." Thor joked.

"For how long?" Steve questioned.

"Um since like 4." You remembered glancing at your bedside alarm clock for a second earlier.

"Y/n, its 10 now." Wanda input.

"Oh wow, guess I lost track of time.." you mumbled. You plopped down in the seat next to Wanda's and Clint handed you some breakfast. French Toast with eggs and bacon. You sighed happily at the familiar breakfast. You dug in and chatted with the team. Everyone was much more friendlier to you now. Even Natasha was starting to warm up to you.

"So very touching song last night." Tony teased. Wanda shot him a look.

"Whattt? What did I do wrong now?" He whined like a child.

"Lilly." Wanda whispered. Tony's expression quickly changed when he realized what she meant.

"You wouldn't have know that if it wasn't for me." A warm british accent said from behind you. You looked behind you to see Loki, with no illusion up. But he looked much better. His hair wasn't a mess anymore but he did still have slight eye bags. He gave you a small smile before sitting in an armchair by himself.

"You guys act like its a big deal. Its all over now." You scolded your worry flurries.

"Great the telepaths are besties now. Wonder what they're saying about us." Clint whined. Wanda laughed and you did the same but Loki was not amused.

*

Wanda was in your room, as usual. You guys were hanging out, as usual. And as usual the blaring alarm ruined the mood.

"So sorry y/n, I have to go," she sprang up and rushed to meet the team on the Quinjet. You stayed in your room and decided to use the computer that Tony gave you. You started to research your housemates to make sure you could trust them completely. They were clean.

Knock Knock. You figured it was Loki. He was the only other one home. You used your magic the fling the door open and he entered.

"You do know that you're supposed to be watching me?" He asked. You looked up from your screen and nodded before looking back down.

"So why aren't you?" He looked confused.

"Aw, you miss me?" You teased. He chuckled lightly and sat on the edge of your bed. You started to play with your magic. It swirled around in your hands. Loki watched in amusement. Your powers seemed so familiar.

"So, tell me about Lilly." He finally broke the silence.

"Pardon?"

"Tell me about this girl you had a breakdown over last night."

"Um well she had black hair and green eyes, fair skin. She was magical too. She told me she was the goddess of tricks and a princess. She loved to prank me. We lived together in a cottage for about a year before I got arrested and I had to leave her behind." You explained and he listened carefully.

"A goddess?" He finally asked.

"And a princess," you added. He nodded and thought about your story.

"Also, I did not have a breakdown. Wanda forced me to do karaoke." You jabbed him in the side.

"Well you sing beautifully." He got up and left you alone.