Chapter 9: Recovery

Even though you were completely healed, the team insisted that you laid low and 'recovered'. Wanda and Loki kept you company for the most part. They were becoming close and it scared you.

"Hello." Loki slipped into your room after knocking.

"Hey Lokes, wheres Wanda?" You sat up just enough so you could seem him properly.

"The team had to go on a mission." He responded. Instead of sitting on the desk chair like he always did, he sat on the bed next to you.

"I didn't hear the alarm."

"It's broken." He replied. He never made eye contact with you but this time he did and you could see he was lying.

"Why are you lying to me?" He looked away and took a deep breath.

"Stark turned off the alarm, he didn't want you to want to come." He finally said.

"Oh, okay, yeah just don't bring the teammate with literal magic, no big deal." He just watched you in amusement as you rambled on about how the team was treating you like a child. He missed this.

"What are you looking at, Horns?" You realized he was staring at you.

"You, darling." You scoffed and rolled your eyes. There was that nickname again. The one that Lilly used to call you.

"Whatever, what do you want to do?" You asked him.

"We can read." He suggested.

"Nah, boring." He rolled his eyes. Eventually you both came up with something to do. You made Tinder accounts, as a joke. You had to explain online dating and one night stands to him which was really funny.

"So, I just swipe?" He asked.

"Yeah, most of then aren't real so just do whatever." He nodded and swiped furiously on the phone Tony gave him. He got a lot of matches and..thirsty dms.

"This is putrid." He groaned showing you a dm from what looked like a 17 year old girl.

"Mm yeah, she's underage." He immediately blocked her.

"This isn't fun." He whined.

"Finee we'll do what you want." He picked up a book and started to read.

"Well are you going to read to me?" You teased. He started to read aloud. You sighed softly and leaned onto his shoulder. He tensed up so you lifted your head and apologized.

"No it's fine, I'm just not used to physical contact." He assured you it was ok and you leaned your head back onto his shoulder. He only tensed up for a second. Eventually you started to drift asleep.

*

"I love your hugs." Lilly said and pulled you closer.

"I thought you didn't like hugs."

"I don't, but I like your hugs." You looked up at her and smiled. She gave you a soft smile and spun you around.

She sat on the bed and you curled up with your head in her lap. She only flinched and began to read aloud.

*

Knock Knock. You awoke and looked around. You were back in the tower with your head on Loki's shoulder and his arm wrapped around your waist. He was asleep as well and his book was on your bedside table. You used your magic to open the door so you didn't wake Loki. Wanda entered and shot you a confused look before lightly closing the door and sitting on the desk chair.

"What happened here?" Wanda whispered with a smirk.

"I fell asleep while he was reading."

*

Loki woke up to you and Wanda laughing, when he realized his arm was still wrapped around you he quickly removed himself.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" He asked.

"You looked so peaceful." Wanda laughed and he rolled his eyes. You kept your head on his shoulder which he didn't mind. Wanda smirked at you again.

"C'mon lets go downstairs," Wanda begged.

"Yeah lets go," You hopped up and pulled Loki off of your bed. He reluctantly followed you and Wanda downstairs.

*

"Hey songbird." Tony happily chirped from his spot on the couch.

"Don't you dare, I'm mad at you Stark."

"What why?"

"You turned off the alarm and I didn't get to go on the mission today."

"How did you find out?" Loki expected you to rat him out but you didn't.

"I'm a telepath Stark, your thoughts are rather loud." You hissed before sitting down on your favorite couch. Loki sat in his armchair which was next to your couch and Wanda sat next to you on your couch.

"Hows your leg?" Steve asked.

"Its completely healed. Which is why I should've been allowed to go on the mission." Tony rolled his eyes.

"You can come on the next mission, if you stop complaining." You cheered at this.

*

"Who's turn is it to cook dinner?" Clint asked while spinning a drumstick.

"I think its y/n's."

"Allright, can ya'll help me out?" You asked Wanda and Loki. They agreed and followed you to the kitchen.

As you worked on dinner, Wanda worked on the salad and Loki worked on setting the table. It took him a couple of tried because he kept adding extra forks and spoons. Once dinner was done you called all of the Avengers to the table and you ate, as a family.

"So Clint, what was with that drumstick earlier?" Wanda asked him. He explained that he knew how to play drums and that he was teaching Lila how on his free time. For the rest of dinner, everyone chatted away and Wanda and Loki kept exchanging weird looks.