Chapter 5: Songbird

Tw: Self harm, suicide mentioned.

A/n: The headcannon that inspired this book is down below. But what also inspired this book is my past, so this is kind of like my therapy, I finally get to let it out! Anyways enjoy!
********************************************
You went back downstairs to retrieve your phone. You heard wincing coming from the living room. It was Loki. He was dragging a knife down his arm.

"Oh my gods! What are you doing?!" Oops. You did not want to make your presence known.

"What are you doing here?" He growled, making the knife disappear.

"I left my phone, are you ok?"

"Obviously not."

"Why are you hurting yourself?"

"Family stuff." He replied dryly. You tried to look inside his head but it was blocked off. He got up and left you alone in the living room. You grabbed your phone and went back up to your room.

*

"That wasn't funny!" You exclaimed.

"I thought it was," Lilly replied calmly.

"I thought you left me.."

"I would never leave you, darling." She assured you.

"Can you show me more of your magic?" She asked. You complied and let the green dance around in your hand. She watched in amusement and demonstrated her abilities when you were done.

*
You woke up to a blaring alarm noise and the sound of the team scrambling around the tower.

Knock Knock.

"Can I come in?" It was Wanda's voice.

"Yeah," you groaned.

"Hey, we need to go and we have to leave you alone again. Will you be ok with Loki?" She asked softly.

"Yeah, I'll be ok," you sighed and got up. You headed downstairs where Loki was already there with his illusion up. The team loaded up into the Quinjet and left you behind again.

"Did you tell anyone about last night?" Loki asked you once he was sure you were alone.

"Nope, its not my business to tell." You went to go make breakfast, "Do you want anything to eat?" He stared at you blankly.

"No, thank you." He responded and turned his attention back to his book. You prepared your breakfast and sat down in the living room across from Loki.

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"You cut yourself."

"I told you, family stuff."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, not with you."

"Ok, as long as you don't do it again." You sat in silence and there was no shooting pain.

"Did you ever ask Tony why people think you're missing?"

"Oh no, I forgot to. Thanks for the reminder." More silence.

*

It didn't take long for the team to return. They said it was a simple mission.

"Hey Tony, I've meaning to talk to you." Tony looked up at you.

"The other day I was watching the news and they showed a picture of me saying that I was missing." He nearly choked on his drink.

"I guess we forgot to tell the press that you moved in with us." He replied and started to call people to set up a meeting, "We'll announce your arrival tomorrow, wear something nice." You nodded and walked off to grab Wanda.