42.

Dominick's pov

I finished with some of my meetings and decided to call Talia to check in on Arianna. Just to see how she's going.

"Hey, Talia. How's everything going?" I asked.

"Everything's fine. Arianna and Mila are taking naps. Arianna's been sleeping for a while though she might be up soon.

"I was just calling to check-in. I'll call again later." I said.

"Wait! Arianna just woke up in case you wanna talk to her." Talia said.

"Is that Daddy? Can I talk to him? Please! Please!" Arianna asked off the phone. I laughed as the phone was transferred to her.

"Hey Daddy!" she said excitedly.

"Hey princess," I said.

"I'm having a lot of fun with Mila," she said.

"That's good to hear. Are you being good for Talia?" I asked.

"Mhm I being really good," she said.

"That's really good princess. I'll call you back soon. I have another meeting okay?" I said.

"Mkay daddy," she said before hanging up.

Arianna's pov

"He says he has 'nother meeting," I said giving her back the phone.

"Alright. I'll let you know if he calls again." Talia told me.

"You know where Mila is?" I asked.

"She's sleeping in my room," she said.

"I guess I'll play until she wakes up," I said walking into her room. I sat on Mila's bed before lying down. My eyes began to droop as I started getting sleepy again. I see why Mila says she hates bedtime. There's no fighting it on this bed. I got off the bed and lay on the floor. I was getting extremely bored. I decided to make "floor" angels.

I giggled which turned into a whine when something poked my ankle. "Ow!" I yelped, sitting up. I tried to place my foot down amplifying the pain in my foot. "Talia!" I screamed. She came running in, panicked.

"What is it?" she asked. I was crying by the time she came into the room. "I was on the floor when something poke my foot. It hurts to walk." I whimpered. She came over and picked me up. I rubbed my nose from the snot.

"You might have a splinter. Let me get my first-aid kit." I said. I frowned. My foot was hurting so much. As she left I looked at the bottom of my foot. I could see the little piece of wood sticking out.

"How could I be so stupid?" I whisper-yelled to myself. Talia came back with the first-aid kit and a chair. She sat down and placed my foot on her thigh. After she lightly cleaned up she picked up some tweezers.

"Is it going to hurt?" I asked. She shook her head. "It should hurt, but it might. She gently eased the splinter out with the tweezers. She was right it didn't hurt at all. She placed a small, princess band-aid on the small wound. "All done," Talia said with a warm smile.

"Thank you, Tal," I said.

"Of course, Ari," she said, giving me a quick hug. She picked up all the things she brought inside the room. "Just be careful and no more floor angels," she said. My jaw dropped. How did she know?

"I have a little Ari. You and Mila are practically the same person." she laughed before leaving. I laid back down on Mila's bed. I was bored out of my mind waiting for Mila to wake. I was super close to going to sleep when the door opened.

"Mila! You're finally up!" I said, excitedly.

"Yea, but I'll be back though. Mommy says we need to take showers before the food comes." Mila told me before going into her closet. She picked out some pajamas before leaving. I'm happy Dominick only packed me one pair of clothing, both pajamas, and normal clothes. I'm so indecisive. I left Mila's room to sit in the living room. I decided to watch some Miraculous.