Chapter III

Monday, January 4th
Renée P.O.V

I was in the car with Serenity on the way to get her siblings. I wonder how many she has. Me and her don't like each other but I've always wondered why. I mean isn't that weird I don't like yet idk why I don't like her. She just always had a problem with me so I decided to have a problem with her.

"I'll be right back stay here and don't touch anything" she said breaking me out of my thoughts. I nodded and she left. West Middle School man do I remember my time here.

After a couple minutes she finally came back out with 3 kids by her side. She was saying something to them but I couldn't hear. They got in the car and said hi but nothing else after that. Two of them went in the last row while one girl went to the second row by the window. I'm gonna guess she told them not to talk to me pettiness runs high in her I swear.

"2 more school stops" she said but idk if it was to me or not.

We arrived at Wildflower elementary school next and she made a call. After a couple minutes a boy and a girl came out accompanied by a teacher who got them in the car. The boy went in the last row and the girl sat in the 2nd row.

"Hiiiii Serenity" the girl said all cheery. She was adorable. "Hi Malia" she said back not taking her eyes off the road.

"Whose your friend" Malia asked. "We're not friends" me and Serenity said at the same time. That answer definitely sparked interest because everyone in the car looked up at us.

"Hmm why" Malia asked. "Stop being nosy" Serenity told her. "Whatever" she said and sat back with her arms crossed.

After a few more minutes we arrived at Mountain View Elementary.

"I'll be back be quiet and don't touch nothing" she said looking directly at Malia. She just rolled her eyes and continued crossing her arms.

After she left Malia asked me my name. "Renée" I told her. "what about the rest of you guys" I asked now that she was gone what's the harm in getting to know them a little.

I found out the that 3 in the last row were Kenya who was 13, Kendrick who was 11, and Mandela who was 10. The older girl in the second row said her name was Ashanti and she was 12. I also found out that Malia was 8.

"I like you guys names" I said smiling and turning back around. Next thing you know it's a kid climbing thru the window and a little girl getting in the regular way.

"Hiiii I'm Rasheed" he said with a toothy smile. I noticed he was missing about 1 or 2. "This is my best friend Willow" he said looking at her and she waved to me.

"Nice to meet you I'm Renée" I said smiling back. "Be quiet and put y'all seatbelts on" Serenity said looking at everyone making sure they had their seatbelt on. Responsible

We were off...to were tho I have no clue. I hoped that it was the last stop though. I heard them all talking in the back but I decided not to say anything.

"What do you think Renée" I heard Rasheed say after a few moments. Huh? "About what" I asked.

"Who do you think would win in a fight Superman or Wonderwoman" he asked. Superhero talk yeah I definitely like these kids. I've read so many damn comics and watched so many superhero movies/shows it's ridiculous.