Chapter V

Thursday , January 7th
Serenity P.O.V

Insomnia: The inability to sleep; according to google

So here I am in my car right in front of Renée's trying to gain the energy to get out of this car and walk inside. I haven't slept a fucking wink since Tuesday when Renée forced me to.

A knock on my window sprung me from my thoughts. I turn and see Renée, why am I not surprised. "You wanna come in or you gon sit in the car all day" she said after I rolled down the window.

"Yeah my bad just thinking" I said trying my best to show some type of emotion. After getting out the car and going inside we go straight downstairs.

"You should sleep" she says that like I'm not trying to. I just can't

"I'm good, we got a project to do cmon" I told her unpacking my stuff on the table. She reluctantly joined me and we began to work.

After about an hour Mrs. Mescudi came downstairs to ask if we needed anything we told her no and she left but soon came back down with Mr. Mescudi.

"Serenity" Mr. Mescudi called out, ain't they supposed to be at work? Where the twins at? Wait what day is it? I really need some sleep.

"Yes" I answered. "We need a huge favor" he told me. "And what's that"

"Me and Kacey are going on a trip for our anniversary and we wanted to know if you could stay here for the weekend?"

"The whole weekend" I asked "wait a minute when are you guys coming back" Renée intervened

"Yes and we'll be back Tuesday but your grandparents are coming back into town Sunday night so we just need Serenity for the weekend" Mrs. Mescudi answered "Since today is Thursday and you were already supposed to be coming tomorrow we figured we'd leave tomorrow morning that's if you can watch em" Mr. Mescudi continued

"Umm yeah I mean I guess since I was already supposed to be here this weekend I could" I told them "Great then we'll get everything together" Mrs. Mescudi told me

"Thanks Serenity knew we could count on you" Mr.Mescudi said following his wife back upstairs

I look over to Renée and I swear she looked dumbfounded. "What the fuck just happened" she said looking at me

"I guess I'm staying the weekend babe" I said smirking. The look on her face definitely brought her me some joy, man do I love teasing her.

"Don't call me that ass" she said rolling her eyes, I really hope they get stuck one day.
———

After I'm down working at Renée's house I get home and see a unknown car in my drive way. Getting my bat from my trunk because I mean you never know, I go inside and man do I wish I stayed in the car.

"Ma are you fucking kidding me right now!" I yelled at her. You wanna know what I saw...2 men and my mother popping pills in my fucking kitchen.

"Love?" my mother said squinting.

"Get the fuck out of my house NOW!" I yell at the two men, they thought I was playing so I started swinging my bat and that for sure got they attention.

"Are you kidding me right now ma" I said turning my attention back to her. "Why'd you have to ruin the fun" she said pouting.

"Why are you like this? I said sorry didn't I? I know I did I've told you that plenty of times. Why are you fucking popping pills in the kitchen? Why are you doing drugs period?" I asked and asked. She's broken I know that but does she seriously think this shit is gonna help.

"I'm sorry ok love don't be mad"

"Then why do you keep doing it ma" I said on the verge of crying and I did not want to cry.

"Because..."

"Because what"

"Because my husband and my youngest son are dead, and seeing you everyday reminds me of the accident and I can't bring myself to stop"

"So I'm the problem" Fuck I'm crying

"No, I'm not trying to say that I just don't know how else to put it"

"You have Darian and Ashanti, your hurting them too you know that right"

"I know I am and I'll stop ok I will for you and for them" she said. I've heard that so many times yet I believe her every time.

"You promise" I said wiping my tears away

"I promise love" she said.

I'm weak

"Now tell me how your day was" she always does this she tries to change the subject but I never bring myself to stop her

"Fine, I'm not gonna be here this weekend though the Mescudi's want me stay at their house this weekend because their leaving for a trip" I told her trying to clear the counter of any setbacks

"Hmm ok. you still wear that?" she said pointing to the arm sleeve that covering my scar

"I don't like people seeing it. They always look at me with sympathy in their eyes I hate it" I told her

"I understand, I'm pretty tired I'm gonna go to bed ok love"

"Ok, I'll be in my room if you need me" I called out to her as she walked up the stairs

After I went downstairs and got a little sleep falsely believing that my mother would stay clean, I woke up a couple hours later around midnight and went to check on her. She wasn't their.

She broke her promise

———————————————————————
This was short but I just wanted to go a little into Serenity's life before I do her backstory.

Vote               and              Comment