Chapter XVIII

Saturday, March 27th
Serenity P.O.V

"Think about it you need a new phone." I said to Darian as I was about to leave his house.

"I will imma go tomorrow prolly this one all types of cracked." He said pointing to his phone.

"Yeah well I gotta go and meet my dad somewhere I'll call you later." I said then left after saying bye to Ashanti.

I pull up to my dads bar that he owns and go inside. It was closed so no one was here but him and he was behind the counter arranging the drinks. He saw me coming and waved me over to him.

"So wassup?" I asked once at sat down at the bar counter.

"I wanted to have a chat...you want a drink?" He asked and I know he wasn't referring to the alcohol but I like messing with him. "Do I get the alcohol?"

"Stop playing wit me." He said then I laughed and just got some water. "Ok so whatchu want to talk about?"

"Well I talk to your brother a couple weeks ago...and the future I guess." He said shrugging.

"Ok so you wanna talk about the future what about it?" I said getting inpatient I know he mean well but I really don't want to talk about this.

"Like you know college, future careers. I'm not saying you have to go to college but I mean is there something you want to do?"

"I don't really know right now." I said shrugging. "Really cause I swear you had your life planned out before I had mine planned out." He said smiling which made me smile a little cause that's kinda tru.

"Things change dad I don't really know what you want me to say."

"Not denying that but I gotta ask is it because of your mother because I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want you to do this nor would they." He said trailing off at the end. "Its not so why don't we drop this." I told him.

"Ok well is it because of that girl you messing wit?" He said and I was getting frustrated. "What? No, not at all trust me."

"Ok good because I've met that girl and I like her for you." He said winking and I rolled my eyes. "You get on my nerves." I told him and he shrugged.

"But fr disregarding all of us I know you want to go too and I'm not letting you give up on that so we can figure it out together." He said but I didn't respond. "You can go to a college nearby or you can go to community college then transfer I mean it's up to you." He finished finally coming to sit down next to me.

"I'll think about it. I do wanna go but I just don't know if I can right now."

"And that's fine we'll figure it out together. Let's go get some food and we can talk some more." He said getting up and getting his stuff.

After talking with my father for a little longer he was satisfied with my answers and let me go home. I got home and saw Darians car in the driveway. It got me freaked out and I basically ran inside.

"I'm fr she like all smiles and giggles when she talking bout her." I heard Darian say to our mom and she laughed. They was in the kitchen cooking and Ashanti was in the living room on her phone with her earplugs in.

"Umm hey what's going on?" I asked catching they attention. "Wassup and nothing just talking." Darian said coming to hug me. My mother stayed silent and just continued cooking.

"Oh. I didn't know you was coming over." I said this whole thing was weird and they sensed it. He pulled me outside on the porch. "Yes?" I asked him.

"Look you said she was trying to fix herself and Ashanti was asking about her so I brought us over here. I thought you would have been here before we got here but you wasn't and she was alone I didn't want her to be tempted so I offered to stay until you showed up." He explained.

"So that's why she making dinner?" I asked and he nodded. Well now that I was caught up we went back inside and Ashanti finally looked up from her phone.

"Hey NiNi." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Why do y'all insist on calling me that." I said sitting down at the table she just shrugged and went back to her phone.

"Anyways what was y'all talking bout?" I asked Darian. "nothing just you and your girl." He said. I raised a eyebrow in question but he didn't say nothing but I heard my mom laugh.

"Whatever. And I do not get all smiles and giggles asshole." I said remembering what I heard when I first walked in. He just laughed and so did Ashanti which made me shoot her a look.

"She's very pretty have you seen her?" My mom asked Darian. "I unfortunately haven't had the chance to." He said looking at me.

"Not my fault we're busy." I told him. "Speaking of I'll be right back." I said then went downstairs to my room.

I pulled out my phone and called Renée. She didn't answer but I called 2 more times before giving up. She's either busy or still ignoring me because a couple weeks she was avoiding me I called her out on it and we started arguing I left and we haven't talk to eachother for a couple days now.

I don't even know what I did and I haven't been over there because I been busy and the twins been over there grandparents house which is usually the case when the end of the school year comes they always give me the summer off.

"You good?" Darian asked once I went back upstairs. "Yeah let's eat." I said going towards the now finished food.

———————————————————————
I'm back!! Again. Now that the festivities are over I'll upload the next chapter today.

Vote and Comment