Chapter XIV

Tuesday, February 9th
Serenity P.O.V

"Serenity!!" I heard my mother call out to me. I dragged myself out of bed and went upstairs.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I need—"

"No mother." I said cutting her off

"You don't even know what I was going to say."

"I do and the answer is no I'm sorry I love you but it's still a no." I said trying to make her understand.

"Whatever." She said then left the house all together slamming the door I might add. See what I mean by she acts like a fucking child. I didn't have much time to dwell on her when I phone started to ring.

Incoming call from Darian🤞🏽

"Wassup?" I asked.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner tonight."

"Umm idk I gotta do some stuff here."

"She's a grown woman Serenity it's not your job to look after her."

"I don't want to have this conversation so sure I'll come. I'll be over around 7." I said then hung up before he could respond.

It was around 5 already so I decided to get ready. After I took a shower, got dress, and ordered some food for my mom to eat when she got back I left to go over Darian's house.

After I get to my brothers apartment I walk up the stairs to his place. Once I get up there I knock on the door waiting for him or Ashanti to come.

"Hey." Ashanti said opening the door and moving to the side to let me in.

"Wassup. you ok?" I asked her

"Of course why wouldn't I be?"

"I was just asking." I said shrugging then walked in further to the apartment spotting my brother in the kitchen.

"God please tell me your not cooking." I said a feeling of nausea go through me. That's how bad of a cook he is.

"No no don't worry I wouldn't ruin our dinner." He said moving away from the stove.

"Thank goodness." I said causing him to roll his eyes and Ashanti to laugh

"Why didn't you come in you still got your key don't you?"

"I do just I don't come here often didn't wanna just walk in."

"Your my little sister you don't have to knock ya weirdo." He said laughing.

"Right so anyway what did you get for dinner?" I asked not seeing food nowhere

"It's on its way. Come sit." He said patting the seat next to him.

"Umm yeah ok." I said coming to the couch suspiciously because he was acting very weird.

"How you been?" He asked.