Chapter XIX

Renée P.O.V
Memory lane: March 6th

"Renée!!" I heard my mother yell from downstairs.

"It's her hol on." I told Nicki.

I went downstairs in the kitchen where my mother and father were. They was standing over the island looking down at an envelope.

"Omg pls tell me that's what I think it is." I said to my mother.

"From university it is I just got it out the mail." My mom said handing me the letter.

"I just got it" I said to Nicki.

"Is that Nicki?" My dad asked. "Yeah she called me when she got hers." I told my dad then heard Nicki call from the phone.

"Ok cmon we're gonna open it on the count of 3." She said.

"Bet are your parents next to you?" I asked

"Yeah...ok on 3."

"1" I said

"2" she continued

"3" we both said at the same time

I opened the letter and read it along with my parents that were right by my side. Nicki's side of the phone went quiet too.

"Oh my God" I heard Nicki say.

"Oh my God" I repeated.

"Please tell me you got in." I heard her say begging kinda.

"I got in. Omg I got in!" I said screaming and jumping.

"Oh my fucking Gosh we got in!!" I heard Nicki scream from the other side of the phone. "Mouth" I heard her momma comment. She muttered a quick sorry and continued screaming.

"Oh my friggin Gosh we're moving to North Carolina." I heard Nicki say happily. That's when it hit me and my smile drop and so did my stomach.

"Oh no" I said quietly but they still heard me.

"Oh no?" I heard my parents and Nicki question.

"Oh no I gotta go upstairs real quick be right back" I said running upstairs into my room with Nicki still on the phone.

"Nicki I need you to go upstairs in your room real quick." I said shutting my door and sitting on the bed.

"What why?" She asked.

"Just do it cmon." I said on the verge of a panic attack.

"Uhh ok I'll be right back" she said to I guess her parents. 

"Ok so what happened?" She said once I heard her door close.

"I fucked up...I majorly fucked up." I said now pacing my room.