Chapter XX

I recommend listening to this^^ while reading
————————————————————————
Sunday, May 23rd
Renée P.O.V

"Is this everything?" Nicki asked me. We were packing the clothes that I was taking with me to NC.

"Yeah pretty much." I said then sat on the bed. She sat next to me and I put my head on her shoulder and sighed.

"Are you ok?" She asked her voice soft and quiet. I knew she knew that I wasn't but I didn't want to admit that. "Yeah." I said told her and she put her arm around me.

"You want me to drop you off?" I checked the time and realized it was almost 6pm. It was getting late and we had to get up early tomorrow. It was now or never.

"Yeah" I told her and we went out my room to downstairs towards the kitchen. My parents were in the talking. "Hey, Nicki is gonna take me to go and do something I'll be back later." I said to them.

"Ok if you stay out don't be late getting here tomorrow." My dad said. I said ok then me and Nicki went out to her car. I got my license finally but I don't have a car to drive yet. She pulled up in front of the house and I so did not want to get out.

"You gonna be ok?" She asked. I nodded my head and waited one more minute before getting out the car and walking mg towards the front door. I pull out my phone and dial Ren's number.

"Just the girl I was about to call." She said once the call connected.

"Oh well you finna be even happier because I'm outside." I told her.

"Oh...ok hol on." She said then I heard the call end.

After a couple of seconds she was opening the door smiling. She pulled me inside and into a hug before I could even say anything. I melted into her embrace knowing this was prolly gonna be the last time I get a hug from her.

"So wassup?" I was about to respond when she interrupted. "Wait actually I want to tell you something too." She said all excited. This is gonna be 10 times harder then I expected.

"Uhh ok...is your mom here?" I asked looking upstairs. "Yeah but she's sleep." She responded.

"Can we go to your room and talk?" She said yeah and led us downstairs. She sat down on her bed and gestured for me to join her. "U go first." I said so I had time to prepare my self.

"Well I wanted to do this over a more romantic setting hence why I was about to call you but I guess now is cool too." She said and paused for a sec before continuing. "I...love you."

Of all fucking things I was not expecting that. I sat there stunned and felt tears come to my eyes but I didn't allow myself to cry because I knew it would fuck everything up more.

"No you don't." I said and wow I wanted to punch myself for saying that but I had to push her away. I stood up and looked at her and she looked like she was confused.

"I do that's kinda why I said it." She said slightly smiling trying to ease the mood. "No you don't."

"I do though."

"You don't love me Serenity." I told her. She started to look pissed and as much as I wanted to say I loved her back I couldn't. "Yes I do, why the are you doing all this. I'm not requiring you to say it back if that's the problem." She said but she sounded hurt.