How Aera Grew Up

Aera was born on March 31, 2000, in Los Angeles California. She was born 6 minutes after her brother Aiden. 6 is her and her brother's favorite number because they feel it brings them luck and holds significance to them.

She and Aiden were very close growing up and were each other's best friends. When Aera moved to Korea, Aiden didn't think it was that big of a deal (remember they were only 13) and that she would be back home in like a month. Fortunately, when Aera's career was working out she and Aiden lost that bond and are still close but nowhere where they were before. Aiden takes a lot of caution around Aera since she is under a contract and he doesn't want to ruin or expose anything about her. Making him standoffish now. (Also Rose and Lisa will never confess to this but Aera knows those two secretly have a thing for Aiden).

Aiden Ramirez

Her dad is Mexican while her mom is Korean

Her dad is Mexican while her mom is Korean. Aera's parents were young when they had her and her brother as they were only 18 years old. (It's sometimes a joke in the states that Mexicans have kids at an early age as well as a lot of kids), so her parent's young age was normal for Aera at least from her dad's side of the family. The young couple struggled of course to provide for the twins which meant Aera didn't have much growing up but was still a happy child singing and dancing all over the place. (Also even though it's weird already, but if you try and tell her that her dad is "good looking" she will gag and look at you differently)

Aera's dad 

(i wanted a good-looking Latin guy and I am aware that he doesn't match the family but idk who else. So if you want to envision someone else that is a good looking Latino then go ahead)

Aera's mom's side of the family had been living in the states for over a century to where they adapted to "America's way of life" so when Aera went to Korea she had to learn all the Korean traditions and customs even though she was half Korean

Aera's mom's side of the family had been living in the states for over a century to where they adapted to "America's way of life" so when Aera went to Korea she had to learn all the Korean traditions and customs even though she was half Korean. She is also not too confident with her Korean as opposed to the other members. The twins got more of their looks from their mom and they are not mad about it but Aera will definitely get triggered when her mom visits Korea and gets hit on before Aera herself. (As people think Aera's mom is her older sister.)

Aera's mom 

 Growing up she was more close to her dad's side of the family and her mother and father would often argue that Aera was not growing up as Korean as she could be

 Growing up she was more close to her dad's side of the family and her mother and father would often argue that Aera was not growing up as Korean as she could be. Which lead to her mom being the one to introduce Aera to Kpop to give her some connection to her other culture.

Aera has always appreciated both her cultures but has also never felt completely herself in either culture. When She was with her dad's side of the family Aera would often be poked fun at for being a "gringa" or being "whitewashed".

While in Korea she was never fully accepted there either because she was "too American" as well as her struggling with Koreas customs. Aera is also given most of the English parts of the songs because she is not confident in her Korean.