Maknae Friend Group?

Waking up to a beam of light, I blink slowly trying to adjust to the light. Looking ahead I curse the apartment for not coming with blinds.

I look to the empty space on my left where Jaehyun used to be. Looking for a note I release a breath of frustration when I find no trace of him.

"He could have at least left something before he left" I mumble while I stumble out of bed. Making my way to the bathroom I jump back at my reflection.

"Mhm... now I know why he left in a hurry" I critique while trying to brush my hair back and clean out my eye boogies.

I was going to take a shower first but I was starting to feel nauseous, deciding it was better to eat breakfast first and get something in my system I walk to the kitchen.

"F**k" I jump back holding my chest while closing my eyes.

Jaehyun turns around to look at me weirdly before he clicks his tongue at me.

"You weren't supposed to wake up yet," He says shaking his head.

"I wasn't?" I say raising my eyebrow and walking to the fridge.

"Haven't you heard of breakfast in bed?" Jae asks while he returns to cooking.

"When did you become such a cliche?" I ask folding my arms.

"You would have asked me to make you breakfast anyway" He answers while keeping his focus on the eggs.

I shrug, knowing I was indeed going to ask him to make me a bowl of cereal. But I didn't expect a full course meal.

Grabbing the frozen berries, I make my way around Jae to pull out the blender to make the both of us smoothies.

I could contribute a little to this breakfast.

Jae turns his attention to me and begins to smile while I begin pouring the ingredients.

"What?" I ask in a straight voice.

"Is that drool?" Jaehyun points at my face with a smile.

Panicking for a second. I think back to my appearance in the mirror and must have missed an oh-so embarrassing thing. Though I really don't remember seeing drool. Unless he's playing with me. I look at Jaehyun to see his mouth go into a straight line with his dimples on full display... he's lying.

"haha," I say with a roll of my eyes before I smile.

"Lying to me already" I tilt my head at him.

Jaehyun smiles, "Omelette?" holding out the pan.

I don't say anything but return to the blender.

When the smoothies are done I pour them into a cup while Jaehyun sets a plate of food down on the counter.

He holds the chair out for me to sit while I whisper a thank you.

Looking at the plate of food, my stomach lets out a growl which earns a laugh from Jae.

"Where's your food?" I ask while I do my best to refrain from eating until he too starts to eat.

"I can't stay for breakfast" Jae answers while he makes his way in front of me on the opposite side of the counter. "I have to head back to the dorm and get ready for my schedule".

I pout and look down at my food.

I don't want to eat alone.

Or well, be left alone.

"Unfortunately I have to leave the dirty dishes to you" He says while he begins putting everything in the sink, "You think you can handle cleaning?" He asks with a smirk.