Chapter 4

It had been a couple of days since Reisen had gone out into the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. Unknowingly to Reisen, when she had used her Lunatic Red Eyes on Fujiwara No Mokou, the recent inducement of insanity that had taken ahold of her wasn't gone. She only assumed it was gone -- and with that comes consequential actions that were unforeseen. Ignorance can be bliss, or so we say. Ignorance can be a curse, or so we say. Ignorance is a normal human component to our processing brain that, with a lack of knowledge, our look on the world or other subjects around us may be brighter or darker.

Realization can be a curse. When we discover what is really going on, the truth behind of it all, what's lurking behind closed doors, the thought can be shuddering -- aghast abodes of horror. Unawareness can be such a blessing but is it truly what one desires? Knowledge can be a curse, but isn't it especially a blessing? A necessity? To be unaware is one thing but to know what the truth behind everything is can be devastating. Humans will close their eyes and try to turn a blind eye as much as they want, but sometimes we have to accept the truth bitterly.

Other times, knowledge is what is required -- a prerequisite to figuring out what is centered around the causation of a conundrum that will receive the necessary repairs to recuperate.

And once that knowledge is garnered, everything will be better. Everything will be fixed. There will be no more trouble, no more persistence, for the problem has been addressed and corrected. There is always a permanent solution to a problem lurking out there that is only waiting to be discovered. Reisen can be cured of the ailment she is suffering because it is only temporary. When it is cured, Reisen will be back to her formal and normal self that she was awhile ago before all of this had happened.

Or so they say.

--

The Sun once again slithered into the sky and watched over vigilantly at the land of Gensokyo -- giving it the gasps of survival that it needed to be at the brightness of dawn. Stalking the land, its light that it exerted from itself was hotter previously before, and the youkai were aware of this. Summer had finally set into Gensokyo, and it was time to prepare for it.

The Red Mist Incident had been resolved just yesterday with the eagerment of Summer's return. The residents in the Scarlet Devil Mansion commented on the failure of the Eternally Young Mistress: Remilia Scarlet. The mistress of the night could not believe she was defeated at the hands of two humans, yet alone Flandre even took a beating as well. The mansion wasn't in a good condition either. Busted walls, broken tiles, collapsed furniture, an absolute pigsty! This was far from what a mansion was supposed to look like with its glamorous and appearance conveying beauty -- instead looking damaged.

Sitting upon the throne, the blue-haired vampire pouted as her silver-haired maid tried to help her recover. Tantrums, bad moods, these were now common to be found around the mansion. Even the intelligent Patchouli Knowledge couldn't help but feel tangentially frustrated for how this all unfolded not in their favor. Being a friend to the vampiress, how could she not feel like this? Even with her demeanor clearly showing her to be deadpan or nearly emotionless, Koakuma was quickly to catch on this.

"Patchouli, come on, cheer up. I got more books for you to read!" Koakuma cheered.

"I'm fine, Koakuma. Just...crestfallen I suppose."

"There's no use lamenting and complaining about it! Stop that! Get a grip on yourself!" Koakuma insisted with a grit of her teeth.

"Please do not be such a bother. I appreciate your concern, but for now, I'd rather forget about it." The purple-haired librarian commented in her notorious deadpan tone of voice. Holding a cup of tea in her grasp and taking a careful sip, she only continued to read and ignored the red-haired succubus.