Part 2

"Good afternoon class!" I said, welcoming my tired students.

I don't blame them. Last period was always the most exhausting.

As my students started to sit down and unpack their books, another one of my students just entered the classroom.

"Camille. You're late again." I said sternly.

"I'm sorry Mr. Harrison." She said before rushing off to her seat.

I couldn't be angry or annoyed with her. Not when she said my name like that.

I put my class to work so that i could enjoy my cup of coffee in silence. I leaned back into my chair and closed my eyes for just a moment. When i opened them back up i noticed from the corner of my eye that Camille was staring at me. Intrigued by her cold eyes i turned around to meet her gaze.

Her face turned red as she quickly looked away. I didn't budge though. My eyes stayed glued to her face. Her skin wasn't pale like most of the other girls in my class. It was a bit darker. Light still, but not milky white. Her hair was dark , golden and long, slicked back into a ponytail. Grey eyes and full lips.

Though i really shouldn't, i couldn't help but wonder how they felt. Her lips. They looked so soft.

Her head turned back in my direction. Her cheeks were flushed red. I smiled. I smiled because i was the one that made her blush.

Class had ended and the students had left again. Camille stayed put ofcourse.
I took a seat beside her and looked at her for just a moment. Scanning her features again. She was even prettier up close.

"Mr. Harrison, Clöé told me that we have a test on friday. That's in only 2 days. I'll never make it!" She said upset.

That's right. The test.

"Don't worry Cami. I'll make sure you'll get a good grade." I said in an effort to calm her down.

Suddenly her expression changed from worried to confused.

"Cami?" She asked.

Oh no...i called her Cami.

"Camille. I'm so sorry. I meant camille." I said.

She de-crossed her legs. Her knee was now touching mine.

"No no. It's quite alright. Nobody has called me that since i got here. I like it when you call me that. Makes me feel like i'm...at home."

-

Yesterday went by rather quickly. Too quickly if you ask me.

Cami is a shy girl. And she is my student. So, why did i expect something to happen between us yesterday? Why did i keep expecting her to say something provocative or, to touch me or even to...never mind.

Today i didn't teach her class. I wasn't going to see her again until the test tomorrow. I wish i could see her again today, to just help her learn. I want her to pass the test! And i want to see her.

For some strange reason i can't stop thinking about her. Maybe it's the way she wairs her hair or, the way she talks. Maybe it's just because she is the new girl.

My thought were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Mr. Harrison?"

Wow. God? Did you hear my thoughts?

"Cami, come on in." I told her with a smile.

Shyly she stepped closer to my desk and placed her books on top of it.

"I still have a couple of questions about the test tomorrow sir."

Sir.

I gulped.

"Sure, i'm here to help you." I smiled halfheartedly.

She grabbed a chair and set it next to my desk. She threw her long ponytail over her shoulders, yet again drawing my eyes to her.

"I don't understand these cell systems sir. Do we really have to know how they work?" She asked a bit let down.

"Yes Cami. Sadly you do."

Her eyes lit up when i called her Cami again.

"You see this here?" I said as i pointed to a picture in her book.

She nodded.

"It's a plant cell." I stated.

She nodded again.

"Can you name all the parts of the cell? And what makes it so easily distinguishable from a human cell?"

She nodded and followed my orders. Naming all the parts and telling me that plant cells have leafy green granules and human cells don't.

"Great job cami. Do you know how photosynthesis works?" I asked her.

When i looked up from her book i was met with her icy grey orbs again. She was staring straight at me.

"Can i ask you another question first?" She said, straightening herself in her chair.

I nodded.

"What's your name? Like, your first name?" She asked.

I gulped. "Erm, why do you want to know? It's not appropriate for me to tell you." I said.

"Well, you call me Cami. The only people i ever let me call me that are my parents, my best friends and...my boyfriends." She began.

"Oh well-" i began, only to be cut off.

"So which one are you?" She suddenly asked, moving the chair closer to me. Her knee was touching my leg.

I started sweating. Where did this new found confidence come from Cami? Is it because me? Do you feel the same way about me that i feel about you?

"George. My name's George." I said. I ignored her first question, just to be safe.

"George." She repeated my name.

Wow. It really did sound beautiful coming from her mouth.

"Geo." She then said, making me perk up.

Yet again i was met with her eyes.

"Geo then. That will be your new nickname." She stated, smiling.

We remained quiet for a couple of moments, leaving us to stare at nothing but eachother. She bit her lip and i couldn't take it anymore. I needed to get rid of this tension.

"You mentioned that only your boyfriends call you 'Cami'....do you have one?" I blurted out, mentally beating myself up.

Seriously, who asks their student that?

Oh no, her eyes widened in confusion. They almost looked fearful.

"Oh my god Cami. I'm sorry, i should've never ask-"

"No mr. Harrison. George." She smiled.

"It's alright."

She put her hand on my leg. She was touching me. If only her hand went up just a little bit higher....

"Oh alright...i'm still sorry." I gulped.

Her hand crept up higher.

Oh Cami. Is it bad that I don't want you to stop?

Her hand had crept up even higher. She was mere centimeters away from my...ermm...area. My eyes were fixated on her hand.

Cami looked at the clock behind me.

"Merde!" She yelled as she saw the time.

"I-i have to go Geo. See you tomorrow." And with that she ran off.

Then, she stopped in the doorway. She smirked.

"Oh, and no. I don't have a boyfriend."